• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other games?

MacD

Banned via Administration
lol, pocky and rocky is hella fun wiht another person

my easy discription is a racoon and a human have to go across the land to defeat the evil thing
it's kinda like a plane shooter but your walking and have a melee attack

wait, steven, if you have played so many care to recomend any to me

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
My SNES collection isn't as extensive as my NES collection (almost 100 games), so I haven't played too many of the obscure ones, but here are some I have played (don't own half of them though):

7th Saga: Retardedly hard, mediocre RPG
Brain Lord: Decent RPG, ostensibly more puzzle-oriented but not as much as I'd have liked.
Push-Over: Domino based puzzle game.
Uniracers: You race unicycles. It's fun.
Axelay: Good shooter.
Phalanx: Another shooter, medicore but pretty **** hard.
Desert Strike: You're a helicopter and you shoot **** in Iraq, played at an isometric angle. I remember it being fun/impossible.
The Lost Vikings: One of Blizzard's first games. Platform/puzzle game.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Wait we're talking SNES?! This is my favorite console.
@Hyuga- Not putting Chrono Trigger first for RPGS? *shrug* FF is amazing, but chrono trigger is soo good.

Pocky and Rocky is helllla fun. I wish I owned it, and to stick to emulators for that one. Great 2p game.

Speaking of SNES has tons of great co-op games.
Contra 3, Sunset Riders, Battletoads Double Dragon, etc

I also love lost vikings and lost vikings 2..

I'll go look through my collection later and post more.

MacD

Banned via Administration
omg i remember uniracers, my neighbor had that, same with battletoads double dragons

oh i have like bomberman 3 or something, dang, i must be missing a good chunk of games in my room or something

what do you guys think about the star wars games and the power ranger ones, i just watched my neighbor play star wars and they seemed fun, i remember power rangers being hella cool, i need to find a good game like that

embracethe12

Smash Lord
try soul blazer, shadowrun, and brain lord

they're not super well known, but those games are actually pretty cool t play through.

being able to level up is one of my favorite things about video games

i could recommend more, but you'd be hearing the same thing from a lot of people

super nintendo has a whole lot of big names when it comes to good gameplay, but most of them you've heard before and already know

basically if you haven't played those games (like earthbound, kirby superstar, the megamans, Final fantasys) you'd wanna go there first

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Actually the SNES Star Wars platformer games are pretty good, especially the first one. The only complaint I have about it is that when you're flying the X-Wing over the Death Star, the y-axis isn't inverted. That's dumb!

More good games:
Legend of the Mystical Ninja (starring Goemon): This game rocks.
Lufia II: RPG with puzzle/maze focus. Contains possibly the most difficult sidequest dungeon known to man. 99-floor randomly generated dungeon with no save points. Also you can raise monsters.
Arcana: RPG game kinda based around tarot cards and elements and stuff. Good game.
Aerobiz: You're an airline company. Yeah it sounds boring but it's actually pretty fun.
Wario's Woods: Puzzle game, pretty good VS gameplay.
Darius Twin: Another good shooter.

And Chrono Trigger is great and everything but IMO it's one of the most overrated RPG's ever. The "silent hero" thing has always kinda bothered me. Earlier in the thread I extol the virtues of FF6. Play that first!

One other nice thing about the SNES is that it's very easy to play Super Famicom games on it, all you need is a simple pin connector converter.

The___cheese

Smash Lord
I play pretty much whatever NES I want lol since my brother collects them. (He has like 300+ lol).

Snes has awesome games. And yeah play FF6, Shadowrun, Super Bomberman, and Super Shadow of the Beast lol.

D

Deleted member

Has anybody played Alundra, a ps1 game? I'm a fanboy of old school Nintendo games but this game is my favorite.

It's a Zelda clone, but to me it's better than any other Zelda game I've played. Better puzzles, story, etc.

(Don't play it's sequel)

--

And a title I haven't yet seen recommended is Earthworm Jim for the SNES, fun and challenging game

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I just got Frozen Throne working again

Someone teach me 6.60

Lovage

Smash Hero
HEY does anyone play any non-blizzard RTS like age of empires or whatever?
i don't want to play dawn of war. but i know there are a lot of good ones

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I remember liking age of empires cause it kinda combined a bunch of cool concepts from the craft games and civilization.

But yeah every other RTS I try ends up being mediocre at best since Blizzard basically dominates the genre

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
command and conquer for ****s and giggles?

****ing TANYA ***** your ****

JDM

Smash Champion
I am probably going to Arcade Infinity with my friend at about 4~5 today. Who wants to come with me?

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
*Vodage
*Sir_Vodage
WSCL

I had the highest-level Bowazon on UsWest Classic Ladder. Then I called out ACID_ZON and he totally passed me.

I am also SvS queen (no homo)

$heen

Smash Ace
RA2

The Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil

Pokemon Puzzle League

embracethetwelve, we still have our PPL money match.

Top Bottom