• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other games?

CJ671 aka Blank

Smash Cadet
yes i am. i may not be that good at melee compared to folks out here. i do **** at PC games though. well im better at FPS games but still good at DOTA.

Lovage

Smash Hero
**** FF6 is so sad

the music ***** when you retrieve the Falcon
probably the best music in the game
omfg the falcon scene makes me want to cry

remember the beginning of world or ruin? when you have to catch the best fish to save Cid from dying? it has absolutely no impact on the rest of the game and yet still to this day i always catch the best fish so he lives. STUPID EMOTIONS

joeplicate

Smash Master
you have to catch every fish every day or else cid dies.

i didn't want him to die, so i did so, but i missed one along the way or something

and now cid is dead

can you believe he was on an island taking care of celes for an entire year while he watched everyone else on the island jump off the cliff and kill themselves? what if she didn't wake up between the 3 days cid was getting sick? what if after when celes jumps off the cliff and tries to kill herself but fails didn't see the bird with locke's bandana.

god ****it this game is so sad!

-steven

Miharu

Smash Hero
you have to catch every fish every day or else cid dies.

i didn't want him to die, so i did so, but i missed one along the way or something

and now cid is dead

can you believe he was on an island taking care of celes for an entire year while he watched everyone else on the island jump off the cliff and kill themselves? what if she didn't wake up between the 3 days cid was getting sick? what if after when celes jumps off the cliff and tries to kill herself but fails didn't see the bird with locke's bandana.

god ****it this game is so sad!

-steven
yea thats what made FFVI such a great game though

touching story + characters that have depth that you can connect with

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
You have to catch the faster swimming fish. If you feed him just any old fish he will not recover. And you can miss a couple days; I've had it happen where one day there were no fish at all. IIRC you don't want to feed him the really slow fish either even if that's the only thing around, I forget though.

I'm so glad to see other people appreciate FF6, I really think it's the best RPG ever, even though as far as gameplay it's kind of threadbare compared to today's RPG's. It has possibly the best translation of any RPG yet. The opera house is one of my favorite moments in all of gaming. There's just no substitute for good story/characters/dialogue. I wish they made sequel junk for it like they did with FF4 The After Years. Maybe not though, they might screw it up.

Lovage

Smash Hero
that's my boy sheridan!
ahh i love ff6 so much, this was definitely the game of my childhood. i can't wait for them to make a DS remake, they did a really good job on the ff4 one.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I just got through the first 3 chapters of FF4 After Years the other day (all in one sitting). The story is good. The dialogue is kinda mediocre, depending on how you feel about some of the old school RPG cliches. On one hand it brings you back to the feeling of playing RPG's in those days, on the other hand I was 9 when I played FF4 so I didn't exactly have a developed critical eye. But I do have a certain fondness for some of those little sprite animations. The battle is pretty good though, assuming you like old school RPG fights. Some of the battles are decently difficult. I hope the difficulty maintains throughout the series and that once you get 5 people in your party more strategy develops.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i've always assumed they would eventually. it's the only game they havn't touched since the SNES release

MacD

Banned via Administration
i went looking for games today and the wii had jack squat, so i want some recomendations

right now i have a SNES, 64, and cube and that's it

i am considering buying a new system but i only really play over the summer now so i don't want to really spend the money on a new system, so any good games from those systems would be great

right now i know i have to get both 64 zeldas but i hate playing two games of the same type in a row

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
i went looking for games today and the wii had jack squat, so i want some recomendations

right now i have a SNES, 64, and cube and that's it

i am considering buying a new system but i only really play over the summer now so i don't want to really spend the money on a new system, so any good games from those systems would be great

right now i know i have to get both 64 zeldas but i hate playing two games of the same type in a row
What's your SNES collection like?

CJ671 aka Blank

Smash Cadet
OMFG
call of duty 1 is an amazing game. i was really really good at it a long time ago. so people still play this online? i gotta find my disks!!!!!!!!!
im still amazing at COD1 :laugh: yeah quite a few people still play it. don't play COD4 plz. it's like brawl over simplified and made easy for others.

CJ671 aka Blank

Smash Cadet
it's not that COD4 is bad. it's just noobtubes, airstrikes, choppers, gaydar, and automatic melee sort of killed the competitiveness in the game. don't even mention COD5.

MacD

What's your SNES collection like?
well i'll just throw every game i own at you

DK country (beaten 2+3)
animaniacs
kirby's dream course
kirby super star
kirby's avalanche
super mario RPG (bestest game ever)
spanky's quest (actually quite fun)
mickey's magical quest (beaten circus a number of times too)
super mario world (of course, beaten yoshi's island 100% i think but don't have it anymore)
tiny toons buster busts loose
pocky+rocky (fun 2 player)
claymates (another good game)
lion king
tetris 2
and finally... mario paint
wait, i swear i have link to the past somewhere... wonder what else i might be missing

i'm sure there's games out there i've beaten that i don't want to play again but can't remember them, though i do remember i think the adventure island games were pretty cool

so i have lots of the basics and some random good ones, i heard the tales game was really good for the SNES

Lovage

Smash Hero
it's not that COD4 is bad. it's just noobtubes, airstrikes, choppers, gaydar, and automatic melee sort of killed the competitiveness in the game. don't even mention COD5.
hmm. yeah. on big servers radar can be really stupid, when UAV is on 100% of the time you dont even need to look at the screen anymore. i play on like 2 servers, both ban noob tube, marty, last stand. i think choppers and airstrikes are legit. when u see the big red planes on the radar GTFO. and just shoot down the ****ing choppers, it doesn't take THAT much ammo.

CJ671 aka Blank

Smash Cadet
lol well airstrikes and choppers aren't hard to deal with, but it is a pain when noob teammates feed them kills. hey since your responding so fast, why don't you add me to AIM? i just downloaded it :D. im cjguam671.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
OK macd, here are some basic recommendations real quick. Each genre is somewhat in order of how essential the game is to a good SNES library. I wrote this in like 5 min so I probably forgot something but this should be good enough.

RPG:
Final Fantasy 6 (aka III)
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy 4 (aka II)
Chrono Trigger
Breath of Fire

Adventure:
A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Soul Blazer
ActRaiser

Action/shooter:
Mega Man X
Gradius III
UN Squadron
Contra III
StarFox
Super R-Type
Zombies Ate my Neighbors

MacD

secret of mana is ringing a bell as a good game, but thanks, that's a great help

if there are any action non shooters that'd be cool, those games are fun but i get sick of them, and any more adventure games would be cool

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
You guys do not know the true meaning of Awesomeness, Rage, & Gimps until you have experienced the game
"Top Shop" for the PlayStation 1. It's just like Monopoly, but with 10x more gimps and gay tactics.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
i have played so many super nintendo games

name an obscure one so i can definetely play it.
i don't care if it's the worst game ever or if it's repetitive

edit: i've played all the game sheridan and macd posted

except pocky and rocky.
i have no idea what that could be about LOL

Top Bottom