• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other characters

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
So I am curious what characters other Olimar mains like to play as. Personally I have been using a lot of Dedede and Toon link (for tournaments anyway). I really like Samus and Falcon as well, the problem is they're both pretty bad.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I use the '?'. He's cool.
That or like.. Falco, Ike, Rob, Ness, Bowser and some others.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
Have to say Marth since I played as him a lot in Melee. Also, I like Toon, R.O.B., and Jiggs for fun with friends.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
I have been using all characters for some time already, but no character suits me as good as Olimar. All characters feel OK, but Olimar just feels good. I do like other characters, such as Toon Link (I think everyone likes him :p), PT, Pikachu, Mr G&W, Kirby and that's about it. But I'm sure I would not have played Brawl this much without Olimar.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
not a bandwagon person but I do love Snake. Just the massive fun of being micro managing without having little people.

Honestly I'm trying to learn other characters but it gets frustrating when the character is nothing like I hoped.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
DDD and falcon have an appeal to them I can't figure out.(don't take it the wrong way) I've been tryin them out lately.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Mk and Wolf. I feel that Mk is a pretty good counter for almost every Olimar counter, and Wolf pretty much covers the few Mk or Olimar can't.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Well, Marth's fair is alot like Oli's, so I've been playing around trying to get better with him... I also like Toon Link, Bowser, Luigi, etc. Captain Falcon is my favorite "OK, I'm just playing around now" character, because he sucks, lul. Then again, if Olimar were not in the game I'd probably try to main him. :laugh:

Olimar will always be my main man tho. >.>

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Mk and Wolf. I feel that Mk is a pretty good counter for almost every Olimar counter, and Wolf pretty much covers the few Mk or Olimar can't.
Ugh, speaking of Wolf, I (for some reason) hate playing as or against the space animals. :embarrass

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Snaake! Psycho ******'s videos have inspired me to use him as a sub. I also tend to use the characters my opponents use: It's a great way to catch them off-guard and annoy them :)

bdance23

Smash Cadet
I experimented a lot with Diddy, PT, and Sonic. I still play sonic actually (just not very well)

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Ah, may I throw in that Falco and Squirtle have great looking comboes or just all out nasty ones?
Grab, hit, hit, dthrow, d+b?
Dash attack (Collides with missle, bomb, etc) Ftilt?
Dash attack, a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a D+B?
Falco's reflector is the same as Fox's, he's just showing off like usual. -Slippy-

And uh, I used to 3rd Dr. Mario, so Squirtle came to me naturally.

Redemption

Smash Cadet
I main Olimar, Wolf, Lucas, Metaknight and Ganondorf. Normally I choose by looking at my opponent's character and finding a proper counter. But Olimar remains my main main

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
I'm starting to like Wario all of a sudden now...
Mmm, me too. Wario may not be the most popular or ideal character, but he packs a punch. Especially his aerials. He's quite a stark contrast to Olimar, so maybe using Wario as a sub wouldn't be that bad at all.

pesticide

Smash Lord
i like playing as diddy kong (he used to be my main before i started playing as olimar), occasionally samus (my main in melee), MK, pit, pkmn trainer.

mostly olimar and diddy kong though

Jebin_Zedalu

Smash Cadet
Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Kirby, Snake and Ice Climbers. All the gimmicky characters, basically. XD

I also like to use Pikachu, Samus, Fox, Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, Link (but not Toon Link, ZOMG! :O ), Ness, Yoshi, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Pit, Marth, Mr. G&W, Metaknight, Zelda/Sheik... My little brother says that I main "roster".

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
currently its marth then falco - but i've done a bit with bowser, fox, wolf, g and w, mario...olly is strange enough that no one really fits in with his style :p

Faulkie

Smash Rookie
I also like to use Pokemon Trainer and Ganondorf. I haven't played extensively with many other characters apart from those three. I don't own the game y'see. Oh, and Lucas is kinda cool. I guess as a general rule, if their up-smash is awesome, I like them. :p

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Jigglypuff is my secondary. :)

She is just incredibly fun to play. Almost as fun as Olimar.

Cerrus

Smash Cadet
Im all for Falco and Toon Link. No reason really, I just like the way they play.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I'm actually trying Ike as my third since I want a challenge and R.O.B. since I want to play something when people say Olimar is broken. phhf R.O.B. is a broken robot lol/ no offense to R.O.B. mains.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Heh.. I was toying with zamus for a while and found her amazing to play until i just lost touch with it and dunno why but play like a cripple with her now =/..

Anyways ive been toying with Lucas lately and find him really interesting.. Have also tried Lucario which i thought was awsome to play and Peach strangely enough.. She has potential imo..

Top Bottom