• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OryaN's Highlight Reel (SSBB MLG Film Festival)

Foxy

Smash Master
I've been watching smash and WoW videos (which in particular have great editing standards) for years and this is the best editing I've seen.

Wow.

What program did you use? Final Cut Pro? Vegas?

Oryan

Smash Apprentice
I've been watching smash and WoW videos (which in particular have great editing standards) for years and this is the best editing I've seen.

Wow.

What program did you use? Final Cut Pro? Vegas?
For this video I used Photoshop and After Effects for the motion graphics/editing then used Premiere for a re-render/compression.

Again, thanks for the comments guys. I've started capping for my next video (University of North Florida Reel) so expect that sometime soon.

-Ryan

Oryan

Smash Apprentice
Could you put this on Youtube. I'm on a Wii (sucks to be me).
Sorry for the inconvenience, but I am not going to upload it to youtube until the contest is over. This is because I'm not 100% sure of the contest rules stating whether or not im aloud to post it on another site. Anyways, once the contest is over (Around May2nd), I'll have the highquality video up for download on my site and a youtube posting.

-Oryan

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ew...

Mediocre gamplay with a lot of fancy editing to cover it up. This is exactly what made Halo montages start to suck.

Oryan

Smash Apprentice
Ah. Then I guess I'll just have wait T_T.
Sorry mate!

Ew...

Mediocre gamplay with a lot of fancy editing to cover it up. This is exactly what made Halo montages start to suck.
Did you read the first post? If not, please take a look at it. If so, then I'm sorry I disappointed you. As time comes, I'll get better at the game and make montages so you wont feel that yucky feeling that you have right now.

Thanks for the criticism. Also, I know exactly what you mean about the halo scene, infact the only reason peridious and I got "Itwaslucks VI" to 3rd place in the video contest was because of the editing :p (and well... his fame played a role too)

-Oryan

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Everyone has already said it, but it can´t be repeated enough: editing is AWESOME. Farore´s wind part was the best if you ask me. Good work after the month, I guess some people just learn fast huh?

Oryan

Smash Apprentice

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
This has a wonderful air of professionalism, and some very nice strings and combos. You're a regular prodigy mate.

OiitsND

Smash Rookie
Yah I just saw your video and I have to say. Wow good stuff man. Your marth is ridiculous (in a great way). But do you strictly play only ZSS or you bounce back and forth between samus too?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Just throwing this out there. DBR posted their video on Youtube. So wouldn't that mean you couldpost yours on YT too? Unless I'm missing some dire detail.

I still can't see your submission.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Mind if I ask how you managed to effectively nullify the reduction of video quality upon upload?

I haven't seen a video this clean since Stage 6.

Metà

Smash Master
While this was a great video, and had some mind-blowing editing effects, you're nowhere near DBR. They just know smash too f*cking well. If they didn't exist though, I'd definitely vote for you or the Diddy Kong video.

Oryan

Smash Apprentice
It won? Can it be posted on Youtube now (still hasn't seen the video).

Will do, one second.

EDIT: Uploaded video (Now has 4 sources) [Youtube quality is G-ROSS...]

::WAYS OF VIEWING::

*STREAM* LQ - http://gameroom.mlgpro.com/view/HT1pJOsulpkuxU.html
*STREAM* LQ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25r9no0R4uQ&fmt=18
*DOWNLOAD* HQ - http://files.filefront.com/OryaNHighlightReelmov/;10131195;/fileinfo.html
*DOWNLOAD* HQ - http://ioryan.com/videos/index.php?dir=Super Smash Bros Brawl/&file=OryaNHighlightReel.mov

King Kuma

Smash Apprentice
Awesome editing. Enjoyed the entire production from beginning to end. I'll be coming out with a Snake production soon so let me know what you think of my editing. I have the whole Premiere thing down, it's the after effects that's taking me quite a bit of learning to do.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
this video was absolutely amazing. for playing for only a month you are pretty good but the editing omg beautiful. nice combos, nice transitions, everything was great. coulda been longer<3. keep up the good work dude

WIGI

Smash Champion
it had to be liek 2 min. for the contest.

when does the ful version come out im desperate to see this thing.

Oryan

Smash Apprentice
it had to be liek 2 min. for the contest.

when does the ful version come out im desperate to see this thing.
I'm not sure when a personal highlight reel will come out. Although, the crew at my college will have a montage out soon. Well as soon as we have this footage that we need (Personally, I'm kinda stalling until I get this). :D

On a side note, I also want to release a comedic video soon.

beautiful vid. how long did it take for you to make it?
I would probably say 3 days for everything including planning.

Glad you two liked it, It motivates me to get more vids out :)

-Ryan

WIGI

Smash Champion
yes, i was inspired by your editing and yoru combos, even though i do not play any of those characters, im mking my next combo video usign flash, so i shjoudl be able to do some more editing then in windows movie maker.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
very nice edit.. kinda reminded me of metal gear solid with all that info on zelda and stuff=p great job not enough combos tho >.>

Oryan

Smash Apprentice
yes, i was inspired by your editing and yoru combos, even though i do not play any of those characters, im mking my next combo video usign flash, so i shjoudl be able to do some more editing then in windows movie maker.
Appreciate the comment! Editing your movie in Flash, eh? Very nice, if that doesnt work out for you another alternative can be "Adobe Premiere". It's similar to flash in the keyframe department, but I feels it is a little more user friendly.

very nice edit.. kinda reminded me of metal gear solid with all that info on zelda and stuff=p great job not enough combos tho >.>
Thanks, and I've gotten better (atleast I think I have) since then, so as time goes on i plan on making more videos of more "intense" stuff.

That was a beautiful video excellent job
Thank you! :D

WIGI

Smash Champion
yes..well. i do have creative suit cs3, but im quite proficient in flash, but have never used premier before, and i think tehre are mroe things i can do in flash. im probably going to add my name and the names of pple im facing back in, cuz i used the wii replay save thing. but that might take to long so i unno. i have a few ideas.

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, pretty good. I'm a video editor myself, need to get a Dazzle and start recording some Brawl footage now it seems, I wouldn't mind working on something with you somewhere down the line. I follow the same "sketchy" editing style and it's always refreshing to see it outside of a FPS movie.

Good job.

Foshy

Smash Apprentice
^ Whoa, my dad has a Dazzle, i never knew what it was good for xD Gotta record some videos too ^^

The editing was great. DBR was better though, just without the fancy editing. In your vid, there were only like 10 combos and they weren't very hard to do. You are for sure a better Brawl player than me, but i dont think that your vid deserved the win more than DBR.

Sry for my english.

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
I **** a brick when I saw this video. Ill pay you to do my videos.

Gameplay was as good as Ive seen anywhere online. Unfortunately it seems as though noone has been proficient at showing "incredible" combos. In that "combos" seem to not contain more than 2-4 hits.

What people seem to not get is that Brawl is a DIFFERENT GAME. DBR had some nice moves but nothing impressive.

You are impressive because you have only been playing Brawl for so long and already have developed what seems to be a rapidly growing intuitive sense of BRAWL. Melee only affords individuals a vague sense of nastaglia and timing. Someone posted that DBR knows "Smash" too well. That is untrue. They know MELEE "too well". And as the game and its competitive scene grows we will see how foolish it was of us to call anyone a "pro" so early.

Top Bottom