• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ORLANDO, FL!!! Smashy New Year Melee + Brawl Prism Tournament

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
ADDRESS:

2824 Einstein Way
Apt 06102
Orlando, Fl 32826

New Year's almost here!

There may or may not be a lot of people stuck in Orlando for the New Years, without plans of any kind.

I'm holding a tournament for Melee and Brawl, plus the possibility of other such fun games!

The tournament will start at ~9PM, and continue on until 2009!!!!

This tournament is not intended to be huge or get people to come from far away! It's just a party for people who (probably) live < an hour away, and have nothing better to do while The Ball is dropping.

The total cost for all tournaments is a one-time $5, regardless of how many tournaments there are, you'll be entered into every one after paying the $5.

****You have to enter if you come!****

I don't care if there is only like 5-6 people, because it will still be funner than NOT having a smashfest for new years.

I will hold as many events as time allows. We have 4 TVs, and 2 Wiis, and 2 Gamecubes, and in the past that has been enough to quickly run a 20 person tournament.

Hurrah! Merry ChristmaHannuKwanza!

Events: (Subject to Change)(Subject to Doodah)

Melee Singles
Brawl Lightning Mode
Melee Doubles
Brawl Random Doubles
Melee FFA (Items)
Bowser Challenge
Brawl FFA
Melee Slo-Mo

Frames

DI
1st post

edit - i HAVE to enter wtf i dont wanna spend no 5 dollars also im bringing pirates 2 and im not talkin bout disney :)

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I'm thinking about trying to make it to this but you haven't specified the location of the event! Hehehe.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I didn't expect travelers, but you're welcome to come if you want!

I'll post an address in the OP.

Don't listen to frame's address, it's not even right.

Edittt:

Frames you'd BETTER bring that Piratez!!!! :):):):):)

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I didn't expect travelers, but you're welcome to come if you want!

I'll post an address in the OP.

Don't listen to frame's address, it's not even right.

Edittt:

Frames you'd BETTER bring that Piratez!!!! :):):):):)
Well thank you. I'm thinking that we may not have a big family dinner so I might be free. I'm home in Kissimmee right now so I wouldn't really be coming from far!

Finch

Smash Lord
I'll hopefully be partying it up two buildings down so I'll wait until I'm drunk off my *** and then show up demanding that we cook our cornish hens and eat them.

I miss my neighbors. Why is Amber gonna be in chicago? I don't really know what I'm doing for New Years but I'm coming back probably the 31st so we'll hang out them for sure, John.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I sleep on new years it is the gayest holiday but it gets you out of school so wateva

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
i'd love it if melbourne took a car to this!

but i'm not going to be mad if there is only 5-6 people total. I just want to have a few fun mini tourneys with some random rulesets, so that everyone has a fair shot at winning one or two of them.

Frames

DI
lol i just saw twilight and one scene at the beginning the main character edward jizzed in his pants when he saw the girl bella it was HILARIOUS i died laughing best movie ever not really

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
lol i just saw twilight and one scene at the beginning the main character edward jizzed in his pants when he saw the girl bella it was HILARIOUS i died laughing best movie ever not really
No wait I take it back, that's freakin hilarious. (I actually read the book so I could have an opinion.)
Spam away good sir.

Yes this deserved another post.

Frames

DI
also i mean NO JIGGS im not biased against the person just the character u guys can come as long as u agree to play non jiggs characters

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Oh yea, frames is right, Jiggs is b&.

also I taking anything seriously at this tournafest is b&.

I will announce some rules that keep seriousness at a minimum.

Not saying that it won't function competitively, just saying that no one should feel isolated from the prize $$$.

Also, frames, i can't wait 2 party

Frames

DI
it is nowwwww

on a srs note: i've neither read the books, nor am i a thirteen year old girl, yet i found twilight to be a pretty decent movie all around

course im just a sucker for a good love story so my reviews are always biased towards them haha

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I read only the first book and have not seen the movie, and while I think the reinforcement of stereotypical gender roles will only have negative contributions, if you are looking for an easy read and do not want to think or analyze what you're reading, it is a mildly entertaining book.

Of course, I can be a lot more specific about the issues I had with the book, but unless someone wants to actually engage that conversation, I'll leave it out.

Kevin, if you're looking for a good love story, read Pride and Prejudice.

Top Bottom