• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

joshisrad

Smash Lord
No need to mask the truth, James. I ***** him in person. None of that cyber crap for us; our relationship has transcended all that is fruitless and dull. =)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Use a 2mm flathead screwdriver, works nearly as well as a triangle one and chances are you already have one around the house.

EDIT** I'm not sure I want to go to DAN, I'm pretty much done with smash and it's too long of a drive and too much gas money and just about zero incentive to go, so yeah, I haven't decided whether or not I'm going.

Kefka

Smash Apprentice
EDIT** I'm not sure I want to go to DAN, I'm pretty much done with smash and it's too long of a drive and too much gas money and just about zero incentive to go, so yeah, I haven't decided whether or not I'm going.
Yeah...thats kind of what me and jrad decided... way too far and way too much gas money t_t

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Yeah...thats kind of what me and jrad decided... way too far and way too much gas money t_t
No Johns. I guess I'm going since it's 3-1 of people in the car wanting to go versus me not. Plus, it's a 4 and a half hour trip, I thought it was like six.

However, for me to go, I don't want to waste any time picking people up. This means that if we are going to all meet at OATS for some reason, everyone has to be there, Timmy and Tommy, decide whether you can be there, or everyone will be meeting at Jesse's house. If we do go to OATS Alex, where can I park that isn't $10 for an hour of parking?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's probably easiest for us to get to Jesse's house, but if it's better for everyone else we can find our way to OATS.

And you don't want to go to DAN, James, because Pokemon comes out on the 22nd. Admit it. :D

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I haven't even pre-ordered Pokemon, but I am very excited about it. It's more the fact that there's like noone up there that I really want to see, smash isn't very much fun anymore 95% of the time, and driving is just about the least fun thing ever, next to getting gas.

I don't think we'll go to OATS, since I don't want to pay for parking, unless I can somehow be at Jesse's house at like 2:00 PM, so you can go there, then I can pick Jesse up from school, then we can drive to OATS and meet Alex. This would also hinge on me not paying for parking.

ALSO, this trip will be more expensive than the usual WA trip, it's nearly twice as far, and gas is $1.00 more per gallon than usual. As such, everyone should bring $15 gas money. I'll try to make you guys only pay $10, but gas prices are amazingly ridiculous ad it now costs about $35 to fill my tank as opposed to less than $25.

Timmy and Tommy, can you each pay this?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Doc Holiday, do you know if Duke can come to SF:E?

Edit:
I wouldn't mind paying $15, but I usually have to pay for t0mmy too, which combined with Pokemon Pearl (+Diamond for t0mmy) puts me over my budget. (the money I'm working with is the money Jesse and I split at Salem).

BTW, chances are we can't make it up in time for OATS anyway, due to schedule conflicts and travel times.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Well, decide if you can go or not since there's not much time left and, if you can't, I have to try and fill the seats or else I can't go either.

Maybe only one of you comes? Because on top of gas money is the tournament entrance, and it seems a bit pointless to travel 5 hours to a tournament and then just watch people play.

Ace Rimmer

Smash Rookie
What up my ninjas. I thought i would take the time to get my name added to the Non-Compeditive list (or at least non-compeditive right now).

Ace Rimmer - Marth/Mario (Portland)

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Ace-Rimmer, Welcome to Oregon.

T!mmy, I have no idea if Duke can go to SF:E, he has been ignoring me as of late. He's probably sick of smash, he won't talk to me on AIM, and he usually calls me at least once every three days. I haven't talked to him on the phone in weeks, and I haven't talked to him on AIM for like 5 days, though he is on all the time.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'd go just to play friendlies, and specifically the Bowser vs Kirby battle. But money is no longer the primary concern. I'm still trying to find a way up to Portland on a timely manner.

James, please let me know when and where I can meet you, and when you're departing for WA. My ride might not be getting in until later in the day on Friday.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Keep in mind that DAN is not just a tourney, think of it as a tourney/extremely large Smashfest. Hope to see you all there (I think I've met most of you before.. at least most of the 2005 users). I hope we get to play!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
brdy, I remember we played Puzzle Bobble DS (or was it called Bust a Move DS?). That was a fun game.

James, t0mmy and I will both be going. No sense going without my doubles partner.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Did I just read that correctly?! You don't like smash anymore??!

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Well, I'm not sure, I watched the Metroid Prime speedrun again so I'm actually pretty pumped about smash. But yeah, for the most part, it's really not fun playing anymore, but I still like talking about it.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
You need to keep playing.. or at least instructing me.

Speaking of, I haven't played you in a long time! I've improved quite a bit, I must show you. Tomorrow me and Kaze are going to record some matches, I'll post em up.

But someone so good quitting makes me want to cry :(

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think mostly he doesn't like traveling for Smash, and with long drives and gas prices rising can you blame him? Also, running tournaments isn't an easy task. James has been doing both, and quite often. So when WA says "Come to GameClucks" it stops sounding like as much fun.

BTW, I'm still in the midsts of securing a ride for tomorrow. My dad is unable to drive, and my mom - who wouldn't mind going up to Portland for a couple days - isn't very interested in driving immediately after work, in rush hour on Friday.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
I can see how that would be frustrating. Though, you don't have to go to every tournament James, don't feel obligated by everything. And this will be one of the good reasons for Brawl possibly having online play XD

Anyway, washington is way out of the way for me, considering its hard for me to get to Jesse's house. My parents are the laziest people in the world, and getting a ride isn't always easy, which is why none of you have seen me for a while.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I said playing the game is no longer fun. Driving and the rest of that is just more stuff to not like on top of that.

Also, I really want to go to Pound 2 in MD in June, but I'm not sure if I can get all the necessary funds. It's going to be a really big tournament, so would anyone mind like if some TANGs or other Oregon tournament maybe tried to donate to me going since I'd be representing Oregon and the WC at probably the biggest EC tournament of the year?

Top Bottom