• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Saw it, it's pretty dumb. Sucks that it's near impossible to rip sprites from Metroid Prime 1/2 for some reason though, and that the entire thing with Samus was pretty much him making up stuff for her Zero Suit. Oh well, Master Chick's first reaction to Samus being a girl was too good.

This is a better gift to me and anyone who wants to learn how to play as Samus: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetroidPrime.html

Specifically Kip's 1:04 run.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I got the idea that Haloid was made by some independant artist at his house. In that respect, it turned out remarkably well. Good enough that I could sit through and watch the whole thing, something I couldn't do for Peter Jackson's King Kong.

Some things I didn't like include the Matrix ripoffs, some "corny" parts at the end, and ... all of the first two minutes.

Samus >>>>>>>>>> Master Chief.

brdy_

Smash Lord
You remembered! Bust-A-Move DS...That was so rad :p ! We also played MKDS with Isai and that one Mewtwo player.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm going to say the earliest t0mmy and I can get a ride up to Portland is Saturday, which is obviously too late to attend DAN. V_V

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Samus >>>>>>>>>> Master Chief.
quoted for truth...
Also, since were on the topic of halo and smash, i might be quiting smash and picking up halo again, since i've been told that Jesse and James want to quit, I can't get rides anywhere, also, I've made 20 times as much money off halo then i did off smash, no exageration. Don't get me wrong, smash is fun, but Halo is just more my style i guess.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Jesse wants to quit competitive smash, I want to get back into it and train hardcore with non-terrible people, so you should like not quit since I still give you rides to places.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Alright I'll do both, since i don't play smash without someone to play against neway. But yea at SF: E this weekend, we'll play our friggin brains out.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
James, if Jesse is quiting competetive smash how are you going to be team rocket? And who are you going to team with? And where are you going to hold TANG's? I would volunteer Buzz's house because he has the whole down stairs to himself but his dog had puppys like a month ago and it smells terrible over there. Also, I'm not sure his step dad would approve of it, I'm sure i could get his mom to agree because she's cool his step dad is just extremely douchey.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
James, if Jesse is quiting competetive smash how are you going to be team rocket? And who are you going to team with? And where are you going to hold TANG's? I would volunteer Buzz's house because he has the whole down stairs to himself but his dog had puppys like a month ago and it smells terrible over there. Also, I'm not sure his step dad would approve of it, I'm sure i could get his mom to agree because she's cool his step dad is just extremely douchey.
and now i bring forth my question: where does buzz live?

PLUS, i'd love to have my prior question answered!

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Buzz lives in the no mans land, he's on the border of Gladstone, Milwaukie, and Oregon City. Tehcnically Milwaukie though he's considered OC because there's no one that plays in those areas. I can't asnwer the question about tang though.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
well as a rule my parents will only allow me to go to tourneys where the ride is 30 mins or less from home. i'm not sure how far away oregon city is from sherwood, but i guess if TANGs end up being held too far away from where i live, it will be a few years before i'm old enough to go to a tourney myself T-T

enough of my selfishness anyways, nobody cares about me
what are your opinions on where the new TANG venue should be?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
TANGs are most likely going to be at Jesse's house still, because it's easiest for me.

I'm assuming we'll still go Team Rocket at Oregon things, otherwise I'll probably be teaming with you Foos.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Hmmm ok that sounds fine just know i'm trying out other caracters because sheik is just not cheap enough for me, but seriously, sheik just isn't my play style. So I'm runnin through some caracters and i'll try em at SF:E in friendlies if they don't work out i'll stick sheik.

I have a new idea for a tang venue too, lets use Kevin's house that way he can always go!

T0MMY

Smash Master
I quit Smash.
Aftermath, team with ! at SF:E
Non-terrible character + Kirby = too good.

Balloon

Smash Lord
I don't understand why you two always complain about Pichu and Kirby being terrible characters. If they're terrible, then give them up as your mains and make a good character your main. Don't pull a Gimpyfish on this ****.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I didn't mean quitting entirely. I just quit being competitive about it. Don't care about improving so much. Smash is for fun. But I'll still go to get togethers and little tournaments(sfe, tang) and whatnot.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
You've never been to a TANG and never been within 10 hours of on-time to an SF:E.

I'm not quitting, Tommy never played, and Doc doesn't count because Kevin's younger.

Also, I have Pearl.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
The first thing I went to was TANG, James. Not that it would detract from my reasoning, so I don't see what the point is.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Just because we don't like being lied to about turnouts 24/7 doesn't mean we hate you guys.
Ok phew, seeing as how i don't talk about tornament turnouts then you can't possibly be talking about me. I was worried that almost all of WA hated all of OR but it's just the people that say ITS HUGE and noone shows up. Hey you should go to SF:E it's gonna be big.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Not quite, DMS. You play WoW, therefore you are at least 50 levels higher.

Or lower, depending on the viewpoint.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Kid that was expelled from my school last year died using some type of inhalant yesterday. He was me best friend all the way through elementary school too.

Top Bottom