• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Whens the next Tang going to be, after 23.5? (which I can't make, **** vacation)

I haven't been able to go to any tournies lately, I feel so out of it >_>

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Why is Termina Bay banned? It should be allowed for counter-picks. Also, am I the only one that noticed that Dawg is on the Competitive players list and the Non-Competitive?

EDIT: What formula does one use to calculate the strength of an electric field, given a particle on which the field works, its charge, and the force exerted on it by the field?

That's a question in my science class, anyone who answers it correctly gets extra credit. Someone give me the correct answer please.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
14th of April is iffy.

A lot of it depends on where it is being held.

Also, I talked with some of the guys at my local game cafe, going to start a (monthly?) tournament, probably called LOSB (Lake Oswego Smash Bash). Should be sweet, with some nice prizes, consisting of money, and possible game prizes. Should be a nice change from cramming into someones house, lol.

More on it soon, I'll keep updating.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The banning of stages is usually based on the fact that the stage causes players to fight in such a way that is against what the majority of the smash community considers good fightin'. Termina's platforms makes people try to go for stupid-kills (even more so than on neutral stages) to the point that the game degrades in fundamental ways. Thus the banning.

DW - keep posting your request of location change and t0mmy will eventually notice. The easiest way of doing this is just to change your signature to say "t0mmy, change my location from Beaverton to Portland" and he's bound to see it sooner or later.

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
Okay, sounds good.

Also: Since I can't make it to salem, might not be able to make it to TANG, have a lot of free time this week, and want to play smash, I'm thinking of doing a smashfest at my house tomorrow (thurs).

2584 NW Pettygrove St.
Portland (not beaverton), OR.

BYOC and someone please bring a setup (I only have one, but something like five TVs in the house, most of which are small, two of which aren't.) There's a Subway and a convenience store nearby, as well as other stuff on 23rd, if food is a concern.

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys... So I found out that Monday is our only free day. Monday, April 2. That would suck if any of you guys couldn't make it, I hope most of you still can, I know prolly slater88 still can 'cause he lives in the area. I guess we'll just put up a sign on one of our doors and Saturday I'll leave my cell phone # I guess for questions or anything. Anyone else down for this date?

forward

Smash Champion
I'll be in Oregon on April 21st for my aunt's wedding, she lives in Klamath Falls (some hic town i guess), I might be there for awhile afterwards and possibly looking for some games.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
April 21st, you say? I wouldn't mind finding a way down to Klamath to smash with you, since it's not often AZ drops in.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
right on, i should be free to play on the 21st because my bday is just a few days before, perhaps we should have a smashfest for the welcome to Oregon Party.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, Bart, I can't come. I work on Friday, and my job has been getting on my case about requesting weekends off every month. Stupid Theatre peoples. . .

Slater88

Smash Cadet
Hey guys... So I found out that Monday is our only free day. Monday, April 2. That would suck if any of you guys couldn't make it, I hope most of you still can, I know prolly slater88 still can 'cause he lives in the area. I guess we'll just put up a sign on one of our doors and Saturday I'll leave my cell phone # I guess for questions or anything. Anyone else down for this date?
I can make it but possibly not before 4:00. Maybe 2:00 depending on my schedule.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Thepest, I can only make it between the hours of 11 AM and 5:30 PM. Anytime in there works for me pretty much.

Slater, we still haven't played, so it would be cool if you could make it sometime after 2 rather than 4.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm still planning on coming down to Ashland, but I still have to find out for sure if and when.

...I want a killer sandwhich. I'd sic it on people who knock on my door. Much fun.

Slater88

Smash Cadet
Thepest, I can only make it between the hours of 11 AM and 5:30 PM. Anytime in there works for me pretty much.

Slater, we still haven't played, so it would be cool if you could make it sometime after 2 rather than 4.
It all depends on my school.

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
Ok.. so my internet connection is weak here. We are in Room 210 at the Timbers Hotel. All of Monday and most of Tuesday is free for us (prolly after 2:00 or so on Tues. we'll be free). If anyone has questions give me a call at 559-355-7586. We're looking forward to anyone coming to play us. Also, our room is at the very inside corner upstairs. Peace out.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Would have helped if you gave an address along with the room number and hotel name. Well.. I'll just look it up, I guess.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Pichu > Pikachu.
Today. Only.

And I probably didn't write my message about the address internet-friendly, as I meant it would have been nice to have had the address in addition to the room & name that he provided.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Today. Only.

And I probably didn't write my message about the address internet-friendly, as I meant it would have been nice to have had the address in addition to the room & name that he provided.
ROFL @ your sig pic.

Yeah, whatever...

Ok, today we're going to have to do a lot of Pichu vs Pikachu matches. LOL :laugh: :psycho: :laugh:

PS: Make me a Pichu sig pic, I can't do anything on the computer I'm using atm.

Top Bottom