• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon PR! updated 10/17/2014

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'll do an update for December after the next Best Bout. :D

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
What's your guy's point system?

hi kyle =]
the "points" are how peoples lists ranked each player. So like Allen was ranked 10th on everyone's list, giving him a score of 10. While Gage was ranked 1st on all but one list, and Jesse first on the other; giving gage a 1.2 and jesse 1.8.

Oh, hey Shane. See you this weekend?:love::love:

Binx

Smash Master
wouldn't elo be much more complicated? also I dont know how we would balance weekly results and tournament results, is elo affected by number of participants or quality of opponents or what.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
I haven't been in this thread for a week or so. I have to say the pictures of asian girls with our names by it: hilarious.

keeper

Smash Champion
The weeklies have never been factored into anything in the past, as far as I can tell, and ELO main issues in our case seems to be gauging how to deal with inactivity or allowing someone with inactivity the ability to catch up (which is what the Bonus Pool in SC2 does).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
ELO works for any competitive game, not just League. XD
It's been a big influence in how how I've looked at rankings for Smash.

Gage, I can polish up that awesome PR picture for you! Together we shall make it a masterpiece!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Can't you see, Sojin isn't covered up... Sojin is meshing with OMGage because she can't keep away from him. XD

keeper

Smash Champion
Kyle, I think Shane really likes referencing 80's cartoons. He used to talk about Mumra and stuff back in 2009. Also, this is the second time you and I have agreed on something in a week. This isn't right.

Jordan, I think it's just that Gage likes Korean girls, Japanese girls, kpop, and Jpop. That and some other people, especially in WA, seem to as well. I don't know that there's much else to get.
Poor China though, I guess.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, if no one likes pictures for the PR I guess that makes it easier for me. Customized digital art takes time and my skills are in high demand. :)

On a side note, I see that the Best Bout brackets are already up, so I'll have the December update as soon as I can!

debaser

Smash Lord
kline and (i think) thc are washington players.

this list will only get more and more accurate. good **** timmy

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll go fix it up.

Also keep in mind that the accuracy of the lists I produce is dependent on tournament data. We'll get the most accurate data for each Season by making sure everyone plays a variety of people.

debaser

Smash Lord
I have some issues with judging the attractiveness of genetically engineered entertainment slaves. I think I'll make a fun and pretty pr where we're all waterfalls.

and I agree.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Jordan, I think it's just that Gage likes Korean girls, Japanese girls, kpop, and Jpop. That and some other people, especially in WA, seem to as well. I don't know that there's much else to get.
I know Keeps. I guess 'inside joke' wasn't the best way to put it. But still, it's something that nobody else here really spends time paying attention to. I think the theme should be something the community in general can relate to, if anything. Even having a theme at all isn't a big deal. It's just weird to have something seemingly random representing us all of a sudden.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I always thought that Smash PR lists should, you know, have Smash themes. ;)

keeper

Smash Champion
I know Keeps. I guess 'inside joke' wasn't the best way to put it. But still, it's something that nobody else here really spends time paying attention to. I think the theme should be something the community in general can relate to, if anything. Even having a theme at all isn't a big deal. It's just weird to have something seemingly random representing us all of a sudden.
Imagine if we used random-page Wikipedia as a theme generator. I can see it now: Andy Serkis' filmography Oregon PR. LOL

Though waterfalls are neat too, Scott. As long as Wad's waterfall is a rock.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Dang Debaser coming with the hate that I like 100% completely disagree with haha. There is no inside joke or anything. I said I'd make a picture, so I did with a theme I like. Like I said if no one likes it then we can just have a different one. I think every PR should have some sort of theme. I think it's fun being able to have something tied with your name other then a little box of your character or just the name "fox".

juuuuuuust myyyy opiiiinion though

debaser

Smash Lord
haha I ain't hatin, just kinda ****in with you. just my opinion too. though "slaves" is probably an over loaded word choice on my part. my b.

and I was serious about the waterfalls thing. more fitting for oregon I think. Wad would be an alluvial fan.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's hard to come up with a theme for each and every new PR that everyone likes and agrees with. I guess Kpop might have been a pretty narrow choice, but you can't blame Gage since he said he was going to choose the theme himself ahead of time. ;)

Also, making a good theme takes a lot of time and effort even if you don't agree with the theme - so we gotta recognize that.

I guess if you want status quo for themes it would be video game related (specifically Smash) considering that's what we all have in common.

Top Bottom