• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Keet CO - Advance Wars' Andy for SSB4

Which series icon seems better to represent Advance Wars?

• Orange Star's insignia

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Advance War series' wrench

Votes: 94 86.2%

• Total voters

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I would love to see Andy in Smash, I hope Intelligent Systems could bring the idea to Sakurai instead of another Fire Emblem character.
.n_n.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I could see Intelligent Systems asking Sakurai to bring a Nintendo Wars character instead of a Fire Emblem character to make sure the series are alive and well. Add me to the support list!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I would love to see Andy in Smash, I hope Intelligent Systems could bring the idea to Sakurai instead of another Fire Emblem character.
.n_n.
I don't see why the series need to be competitors like that. Both have enough history and standing with Nintendo as strong franchises important to Nintendo history (even though AW is a bit dormant) to warrant a rep.

As far as Nintendo Franchises go, aside from Punch-Out, the Wars series is the franchise most deserving a roster spot, due to its longevity and history with Nintendo.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'd love another character that can control the stage like Snake. I always consider Dillon to construct gun towers to be that type of character, but I completely forgot about Andy. He's practically made for that type fighting style, so you can call me a supporter.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Imagine Advanced Wars: Awakening, where there is a female lookalike of Andy with a mask appearing in the game. :troll:
Anyways I can see something very unique about Andy, being somewhat similar to Snake, but not really. :p
I could make a potential moveset soon, even though I don't know much about Advanced Wars.
From what I seen, it's pretty generic tanks and rocket launchers, I could really see that being fun.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Imagine Advanced Wars: Awakening, where there is a female lookalike of Andy with a mask appearing in the game. :troll:
Anyways I can see something very unique about Andy, being somewhat similar to Snake, but not really. :p
I could make a potential moveset soon, even though I don't know much about Advanced Wars.
From what I seen, it's pretty generic tanks and rocket launchers, I could really see that being fun.
You could try to look for a Rom of the First Advance Wars for Game Boy Advance and try the game, I don´t think it will be to difficult to look and I don´t think it takes to much space.
.n_n.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played any of the Wars games but the idea of Andy getting in makes me so happy, more so than any other character. There's just a lot of charm to the guy. Plus there aren't any characters already in Smash with his kind of personality.

Morbi

Scavenger
Monkey D. Luffy? I thought we all agreed to not support anime characters. :awesome:

In all seriousness, I think he would be a cool character.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Going to bump again, this character needs more discussion.
Here's an example of a special move Andy could have:
Side-B: Missile Plunge: Andy drops a missile downwards to the ground, leaving devastating damage to the opponent. If the move is used on the ground, Andy will drop his missile and jump out of the explosion, making it a good annoyance move to opponents who attack straight to you.

Also, what if Andy is able to dodge any kind of explosion as a special attribute?

Morbi

Scavenger
Going to bump again, this character needs more discussion.
Here's an example of a special move Andy could have:
Side-B: Missile Plunge: Andy drops a missile downwards to the ground, leaving devastating damage to the opponent. If the move is used on the ground, Andy will drop his missile and jump out of the explosion, making it a good annoyance move to opponents who attack straight to you.

Also, what if Andy is able to dodge any kind of explosion as a special attribute?
NO. My poor Samus would be screwed. That MU would be like 8-2 in favor of Andy. Haha.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Eh searching more about the series and the origins of it, I found that the first game that appear CO's there is a character that resembles Nell called Catherine and if I remember correctly the name in Japanese for Nell is Catherine, so you can say that in some way the most important character for the series could be Nell (she has appear in 4 games total).

.n_n.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm having a hard time personally between Andy or Sami. Andy for obvious reasons, but Sami is almost as popular, plus if Snake is gone, then she has the perfect body type already and logical reasoning to at least partially inherit his unique fun moveset.

As unlikely as it is I hope there's at least SOME Wars representation outside of a mediocre assist trophy

EDIT: Also Orange Star insignia ftw

pezaddict

Smash Lord
Interesting idea! I like Advance Wars (especially the third one), so I'd like to see any Advance Wars character outside of Days of Ruin get in. While Andy is probably the most realistically likely AW character to be in the game (and I wouldn't object to him at all), I think Colin would be funnier to play as. He could throw money at people instead of bullets, throw 20 neo tanks at people, etc.

But yeah, count me in, I'm gonna swipe that icon in the first post.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I'm really interested in how this could work and I'm a huge fan of Advance Wars, you have my full support.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Random thought occurred to me: what about using Dual Strike's tag team system to incorporate a Andy/Sami team?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
For some reason I was opted out of notifications for my own thread. Spooky indeed. Why would I want to miss out on what's going on here?

I added everyone who wanted to be in support to the list. I'm glad Andy is still going strong with you all!

@ Morbi Morbi , you said Andy would be a cool way to include Luffy character addition. Does this mean the Orange Star brothers-and-sisters-in-arms have your support, too? I suppose the same could be asked to @ Thrillhouse-vh. Thrillhouse-vh. and @ MAtgSy MAtgSy .

Morbi

Scavenger
For some reason I was opted out of notifications for my own thread. Spooky indeed. Why would I want to miss out on what's going on here?

I added everyone who wanted to be in support to the list. I'm glad Andy is still going strong with you all!

@ Morbi Morbi , you said Andy would be a cool way to include Luffy character addition. Does this mean the Orange Star brothers-and-sisters-in-arms have your support, too? I suppose the same could be asked to @ Thrillhouse-vh. Thrillhouse-vh. and @ MAtgSy MAtgSy .
Hey, what can I say... I am a huge Luffy Advanced Wars fan. So that would be a yes! :awesome:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I still want Advance Wars representation in Smash. The ideal would be an Orange Star Team with Andy, Sami and Max (similar to the Pokemon Trainer) but I guess I'm dreaming.:ohwell:
I personally prefer Sami, but Andy can be a great addition as well!

I enlist in the Orange Star army!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I still want Advance Wars representation in Smash. The ideal would be an Orange Star Team with Andy, Sami and Max (similar to the Pokemon Trainer) but I guess I'm dreaming.:ohwell:
I personally prefer Sami, but Andy can be a great addition as well!

I enlist in the Orange Star army!
I love Advance Wars, I am a beliver.
Can I be a supporter for Andy, please?
Added the three of you. Glad to have more members enlisted for the cause for Advance Wars rep!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Andy's adorable.

I'm in for any Advance Wars rep. I just want the series to get some recognition. Where's my 3DS game, IS??

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Andy's adorable.

I'm in for any Advance Wars rep. I just want the series to get some recognition. Where's my 3DS game, IS??
Added for support.

I really dunno. They made Sticker Star, Game & Wario, and Awakening a while back, so aside from Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, they really shouldn't really have anything else going on. Hopefully an E3 reveal or sooner?

I could see Andy being revealed alongside the showcasing of a new game in the Advance War series, that's for sure.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Ever since the first time I saw Andy holding a person sized wrench over his shoulder, I thought about him in Smash.

I hope it happens.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Andy's definitely the frontrunner for an AW rep in Smash. If we get anybody, it'll be him, perhaps tagged with another CO if Sakurai is truly out of his mind.

I hope for Andy as an Assist Trophy at least this time. AW deserves a character AT.

As far as new games, now's the time. IS has grown and has no major projects. I'm hoping to see a new game this year. A Smash rep would certainly do wonders for revitalizing the series.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
You know, I really don't understand why Andy doesn't get that much support. Or any other Wars character for that matter.

The Wars series has over ten games, way more than F-Zero or Starfox. Andy represents a well known portion of the series and all of the games he appeared in received amazing critical reception. I just don't get why people dismiss the idea of Andy being a playable character when he more than certainly deserves a spot.

Smady

Smash Master
This is one series I need to get into and it seems to have a tonne of great characters. Seems like this upcoming Direct coinciding with Golden Sun/Advance Wars may be the best shot for Andy.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
With Advance Wars being released on the Wii U Virtual Console on April 3rd, the series is sure to get some more attention. At the very least, Advance Wars will get its own Miiverse board.

Maybe we really can hope for more Advance Wars representation in SSB4!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
You know, I really don't understand why Andy doesn't get that much support. Or any other Wars character for that matter.

The Wars series has over ten games, way more than F-Zero or Starfox. Andy represents a well known portion of the series and all of the games he appeared in received amazing critical reception. I just don't get why people dismiss the idea of Andy being a playable character when he more than certainly deserves a spot.
Like Fire Emblem, Wars is a niche series, but unlike Fire Emblem, Wars never got Smash reps to bolster the series' recognition and popularity on a wider scale.

If Fire Emblem had never received a Smash rep, I imagine that the series would be in a very similar situation to Wars, even if FE7 was still released in the West.

AW also suffered from having a non-CO as its AT in Brawl. If Andy were an AT you can bet that he'd have a lot more requests for inclusion.

With Advance Wars being released on the Wii U Virtual Console on April 3rd, the series is sure to get some more attention. At the very least, Advance Wars will get its own Miiverse board.

Maybe we really can hope for more Advance Wars representation in SSB4!
Having a Miiverse board will definitely help. Hopefully enough people talk the series up there and encourage Nintendo to make a new game.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I feel as though I'm the only one to be relieved that both Isaac and Advance Wars were not shown as Assist Trophies today...
But they are secret assist on brawl aren´t ?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I guess we have E3 to look forward towards our final answer. With Smash 3DS coming out in the Summer, that leaves us with only one more Direct before the game is out...

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
As much as I want to, I wouldn't read much into the ATs. We definitely haven't seen the entire set.

I guess we have E3 to look forward towards our final answer. With Smash 3DS coming out in the Summer, that leaves us with only one more Direct before the game is out...
Seems like there'll be a lot of hidden characters to look forward to after all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom