• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Hyperactive Whiz Kid! - Andy For Smash Ultimate! We'll Live To Fight Another Day...

Favorite Advance Wars Game (Not Including pre-AW and Battalion Wars)

• Total voters

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is it wrong that I unironically want Max in Smash now?

Though Andy deserves it more as far as Wars characters.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Only if he's a Falcon clone. :smirk:

And if he's a guest character in the next F-Zero game. Co-starring with Captain Falcon himself! :)

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp

Honestly it's not wrong to want any AW CO in. The series has great character design as well as mixing personality with visuals. Not to mention that any AW character could play entirely differently to any other thanks to their different CO Powers and unit priorities. I want Andy in because I'm a sucker for 'keet' characters and love his Jack of All Trades and healing power. I respect people who prefer Sami though, and hell if I were to reach I'd love to see Jess in whacking people around with a missile.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Jess as an AT just going around wacking people with her big Pencil Missile thing would be the best thing ever. :lick:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Today's Fanart of the Day features the Emperor of Yellow Comet; Kanbei and his precious keepsake daughter Sonja. Coming to us from Tumblr user franzslutberthugethoh

Wow, we all know Kanbei is overprotective of Sonja but this...this is just on a whole other level! :scared:

Suffice to say, I pity the guy Sonja dates that has to meet Kanbei. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Today's Fanart of the Day features the Emperor of Yellow Comet; Kanbei and his precious keepsake daughter Sonja. Coming to us from Tumblr user franzslutberthugethoh

Wow, we all know Kanbei is overprotective of Sonja but this...this is just on a whole other level! :scared:

Suffice to say, I pity the guy Sonja dates that has to meet Kanbei. :)
RIP to whoever wants to marry that Comet waifu.

Kanbei is one tough dad to deal with it seems.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Today's fanart of the day is going to seem very ironic given what I posted for yesterday's FotD. It features Andy and Sonja as an "item" of sorts (my OTP BTW) and it comes to us from Tumblr user aramdeo

I don't know why but I feel Andy and Sonja would go together very well. They both compliment each other pretty well. Sonja being the genius and Andy being the dim-witted yet fearless one. The last mission of AW1 sort of hints something between the two (well not really it's more Andy wanting to protect Sonja before Sturm could do anything to her but still I like to think of it as a ship tease. :) )

Of course if Andy were to get together with Sonja, he's going to have to contend with Kanbei as his father in law. :bee: And as we saw from yesterday's post, that's quite a heavy task to do. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Today's fanart of the day is going to seem very ironic given what I posted for yesterday's FotD. It features Andy and Sonja as an "item" of sorts (my OTP BTW) and it comes to us from Tumblr user aramdeo

I don't know why but I feel Andy and Sonja would go together very well. They both compliment each other pretty well. Sonja being the genius and Andy being the dim-witted yet fearless one. The last mission of AW1 sort of hints something between the two (well not really it's more Andy wanting to protect Sonja before Sturm could do anything to her but still I like to think of it as a ship tease. :) )

Of course if Andy were to get together with Sonja, he's going to have to contend with Kanbei as his father in law. :bee: And as we saw from yesterday's post, that's quite a heavy task to do. :laugh:
This is actually kind of cute. Wholesome image.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Fanart of the Day features the 3 Green Earth CO's Jess, Drake, and Eagle. Eagle's past has come to haunt him and now he has incurred the wrath of Jess' Pencil Missile of Doom! :surprised: Coming to us from Tumblr user inanehipsterslang

This comic references the line Eagle says when he's ashamed of losing to Sami in the mission "Sami's Debut".

I always loved the interactions between Eagle and Jess. Eagle's always looking to mock Jess for some reason and vice versa. There must be some hidden sexual tension we don't know about between the two. :upsidedown:
This is actually kind of cute. Wholesome image.
Wholesome indeed! That ship also happens to be my OTP!

They just go so well together like I mentioned before. Should totally become Ascended Canon. :)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Doing a triple feature for Fanart of the Day for yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Won't be around much this weekend.

Max/Grit awesomeness, AW gals, and AW's crackship (EagleXSami) that seemingly came out of nowhere in the campaign lol.
Imagine this, Max vs Captain Falcon in Smash.,

It would be too perfect.
Yeah I already mentioned how funny it would be if the two faced off and Max was a clone of Falcon lol.

You really seem to be in to the idea of Max in Smash lately lol. Someone should mod Max over Ganondorf and give him blue flames instead of purple.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Doing a triple feature for Fanart of the Day for yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Won't be around much this weekend.

Max/Grit awesomeness, AW gals, and AW's crackship (EagleXSami) that seemingly came out of nowhere in the campaign lol.

Yeah I already mentioned how funny it would be if the two faced off and Max was a clone of Falcon lol.

You really seem to be in to the idea of Max in Smash lately lol. Someone should mod Max over Ganondorf and give him blue flames instead of purple.
Eagle x Sami.

Not sure how to feel about that one.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Gonna do a double feature for FoD later today for both yesterday and today. Just didn't feel like posting yesterday.
I've never played Advance Wars before. But, add me to the supporters.
Welcome to the Orange Star Army! You should try out Advance Wars whenever you have the chance. It's a game with so much re-playable value and content. You can find it on the Wii U EShop or through other means like a used copy somewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Well scratch that! I never got around to doing FoD yesterday so today will be a triple feature. Tomorrow will go back to the usual schedule for Fanart of the Day. These 3 artworks were done by Deviantart users ShroomArts, Mirinee, and VanRipper respectively.

1) That's a weird art style for Advance Wars and some of the character look a bit OOC. Dunno what's up with Andy's mini-beard lol. At least Sami looks in character for the most part. Not a fan of how Max looks like though.

2) Olaf Day is everyday! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Happy Olaf Day everyone! Enjoy the Winter in May!

3) Pretty humorous sketches of various Advance Wars CO's. I really dig this type of comedic artsyle. Lol at Eagle's bike and Sturm taking Sonja. And then there's the bad guys all chilling in the bottom right lol. Olaf looks super creepy in this photo BTW.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Okay last triple post before I return to the regular schedule of posting a fanart each day. Wasn't really feeling like doing this these past couple of days so I got lazy. Double posting because it's been a long time since I posted.

Today's Fanarts of the Day all come from a Japanese website called masamune where there's a bunch of Advance Wars fanart done by certain users. Really cool to see that there's a small yet dedicated following for Advance Wars in Japan.

Penny/Caulder acting OoC (or somewhat in character? Penny is flipping crazy so I guess this counts as being in character lol), all the Black Hole CO's, and Sensei/Hachi planning out their strategy.

Who's your favorite Black Hole CO?

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Who's your favorite Black Hole CO?
Gotta be Adder, as my fandom of Andy would attest I prefer to be a generalist, and while I highly value Andys repair and upgrade play style the quick and cheap Adder mobility is awesome for when I want to be a little more aggressive and up the tempo.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Alright Fanart of the Day is back in it's normal schedule and today features a Dual Strike comic done by Deviantart user Inyuo featuring Jake and Rachel.

Wow, check out Jake's progress in becoming a veteran CO! He's learning from the best clearly. One day he'll give Andy a run for his money. :b:

For real though Training missions in Advance Wars feels so wack. Like why are you pitting allied soldiers against each other to a fight to the death? Can't you just do simulation exercises or something? Geez lol. Especially the missions were the CO's want to test you before they join you in the Dual Strike Campaign.

I plan to do features on both Jake and Rachel in the future. Look forward to that whenever that happens I guess (hopefully not in a million years lol).
Gotta be Adder, as my fandom of Andy would attest I prefer to be a generalist, and while I highly value Andys repair and upgrade play style the quick and cheap Adder mobility is awesome for when I want to be a little more aggressive and up the tempo.
Adder is def a favorite of mine among the 4 CO's introduced in Black Hole Rising.

His methods of taking over Yellow Comet is easily the most diabolical. Unlike his comrades who want to take over by brute force, his methods are done using fear and intimidation. Of course he's not that special as a CO (lets be real here; +1/2 movement as a CO Power isn't all that great) but it's his character that makes him so interesting.

It's a shame he was passed up on in Dual Strike. I was very curious to see what happened to Adder and Flak post-AW2. Unlike Sturm who isn't playable in that game, Adder and Flak still are meaning they're still out there somewhere.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Alright Fanart of the Day is back in it's normal schedule and today features a Dual Strike comic done by Deviantart user Inyuo featuring Jake and Rachel.

Wow, check out Jake's progress in becoming a veteran CO! He's learning from the best clearly. One day he'll give Andy a run for his money. :b:

For real though Training missions in Advance Wars feels so wack. Like why are you pitting allied soldiers against each other to a fight to the death? Can't you just do simulation exercises or something? Geez lol. Especially the missions were the CO's want to test you before they join you in the Dual Strike Campaign.

I plan to do features on both Jake and Rachel in the future. Look forward to that whenever that happens I guess (hopefully not in a million years lol).
Honestly, for Smash...you could give me Andy, Sami, Jake, Rachel, or Will (and MAYBE a Grunt from Battalion Wars) as the Wars rep, and I'd take it.

Last edited:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Lmao... that comic.

Jake, you nimrod, you're supposed to be training with the troops not killing them. :laugh:

I've liked Flak, or more specifically his rivalry against Max.
Totally want Max to have a Flak skin in the theoretical scenario where Max takes Ganon's move-set.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well screw a million years! I'm doing a double feature on Jake and Rachel today! Today's Fanart of the Day comes to us from Kaigetsudo and features the main protags of Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Well where to begin on these two? I suppose i'll start off with Jake.

First of all, I gotta say I wasn't happy with the localization changes to Jake's character that NoA did. They made him a huge Wangster in the North American version for no reason whatsoever and it came off so bad in the game. Worst of all it's the characterization people remember the most due to the game selling the most in North America.

I wasn't happy that Jake replaced Andy. I guess they wanted someone new after Andy was the main protag twice? Or maybe someone who isn't experienced so they could do the training missions at the start of the game? Either way I didn't like that though Dual Strike's story in general is my least favorite of the four. Also kinda sucks because if Andy were the main protag in Dual Strike it could have boosted his chances for Brawl a lot, being very relevant at the time the roster was chosen.

And then there's Rachel. I guess it was the same deal for Rachel as it was for Jake. They wanted someone to replace Nell as the guide for the tutorial only at least Rachel was more actively involved in the Campaign. I would argue she was pretty much the co-protag of that game with just as much importance as Jake.

Now about their prowess as a CO...

Jake is very similar to Andy in that his units are the status quo in terms of having no strengths or weaknesses. The difference here is that Jake receives a +10% firepower boost when fighting on the plains. Which you might think isn't really a big deal yes but then you take in to consideration his CO Powers. His regular CO Power, Beat Down makes his firepower bonus on the plains +20% as opposed to the normal +10%. Additionally, all his units get an additional +10% bonus in firepower/defense and the range of Jake's indirect units increase by 1 space (Grit much?). And then even more broken is that Jake Super CO Power does all the above but instead makes the firepower bonus on the plains +40% and he gets 2 extra spaces of movement (lol poor Adder having his Super look pathetic in comparison).

Of course these feats become less impressive when you take in to consideration that Skills were introduced in Dual Strike which can make Jake's units have similar combat/defense prowess but that's still pretty crazy.

As for Rachel, her abilities aren't anything to sneeze at (especially her Super which i'll get to in a moment). Her D2D
lets her recover +3HP rather than the normal +2HP on bases. Her CO Power, Lucky Lass lets her to up to 40% damage and also gets a +10% bonus in firepower/defense. And then her Super, easily one of the most annoying Super's ever in AW lets her shoot 3 missiles at her opponents army. Less broken than Sturm's Meteor Strike yes but still pretty lethal in battle.
Lmao... that comic.

Jake, you nimrod, you're supposed to be training with the troops not killing them. :laugh:

I've liked Flak, or more specifically his rivalry against Max.
Totally want Max to have a Flak skin in the theoretical scenario where Max takes Ganon's move-set.
Jake only had one job. :)

I don't think anyone of use expects Max to seriously get in to Smash lol. It's just a running gag we have here.

Flak, admittingly was my least favorite of the 4 Black Hole CO's though his verbal sparring with Max was funny to see. Calling Max a gorilla then wondering why Max reminds him of himself lol.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
I don't think anyone of use expects Max to seriously get in to Smash lol. It's just a running gag we have here.

Flak, admittingly was my least favorite of the 4 Black Hole CO's though his verbal sparring with Max was funny to see. Calling Max a gorilla then wondering why Max reminds him of himself lol.
Yeah, I found Lash to be a bit more interesting, but honestly it's been so long it's hard to really remember them all that well.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, I found Lash to be a bit more interesting, but honestly it's been so long it's hard to really remember them all that well.
Lash is def the brains of the group. I mean Adder and Hawke are also very cunning but Lash is the one who comes up with the crazy tech Black Hole has. And on a related note, why some missions in AW2 are a pain in the rear when you first play it lol.

Adder is still my favorite though. Gotta love the mind games he plays on the Yellow Comet CO's.

You should replay some older AW games if you haven't. Most are on the Wii U EShop anyways.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hawke is the best man.

Nuff said.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Today's Fanart of the Day comes to us from Deviantart user yami-joey and features Jake and Sasha

This comic pokes fun at the ending of Dual Stirke where Sasha proclaims Jake made a flower bloom in the middle of a baron desert.

Obviously it was supposed to develop the relationship between the two characters but it came off pretty funny lol. And also very anime-esque as well.
Hawke is the best man.

Nuff said.
The best husbando is right here, IDK what you're talking about.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Flak isn't the most interesting or in-depth character on his own. I still say I do like his rivalry with Max. I could totally see them both at a gym having a Flex off with their ridiculous muscle-mass.

You should replay some older AW games if you haven't. Most are on the Wii U EShop anyways.
I lost my copy of Black Hole, and the original game I lent to a friend who started with the second game and he lost that one too... QQ

I don't have much for disposable cash and I want to make sure I have enough for Smash Switch. (I currently don't have an income due to persisting illness).

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Today's Fanart of the Day features Sasha and her troops in a skirmish of sorts with Hawke's troops. Coming to us from Deviantart user weiyang.

This is a pretty interesting take on Advance Wars gameplay. I never envisioned close quarters combat to be like that let alone swordplay being involved in combat (in a game that focuses on tanks, artillery, rockets, etc it looks helluva out of place lol).

Either way it makes for a pretty badass drawing. Sasha looks really cool here.
Flak isn't the most interesting or in-depth character on his own. I still say I do like his rivalry with Max. I could totally see them both at a gym having a Flex off with their ridiculous muscle-mass.

I lost my copy of Black Hole, and the original game I lent to a friend who started with the second game and he lost that one too... QQ

I don't have much for disposable cash and I want to make sure I have enough for Smash Switch. (I currently don't have an income due to persisting illness).
No one can out flex Max dude. I think we've established that already lol.

And i'm sorry to hear that dude. Don't feel pressured to do that if you can't. And I know what it's like to be broke with so many good games coming out lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quicktime post for Fanart of the Day

Ever wondered what Advance Wars would look like if instead of warfare it was done with Kitchen supplies instead?

No?

Well now you do!

Introducing Kitchen Wars!!! Coming to us from Deviantart user gas13

Toasters too OP plz nerf!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another quicktime post for Fanart of the Day. Features our favorite red-head in Advance Wars (sorry Tasha lol). Coming to us from Deviantart user jigglysama

Believe it or not this was actually done in the Brawl speculation days lol. Said Devianart user in question did a bunch of drawings for various Smash prospective characters. Check it out if you want to.
Okay last quicktime post for Fanart of the Day before I do a feature on a CO tomorrow. Today features Sasha of the Blue Moon Army and is done by Deviantart user ChronoTata.

Gotta love our AW waifu's eh? FE don't have crap on us! :smirk:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Today's Fanart of the Day features Drake of the Green Earth Army. Coming to us from Deviantart user wildragon

Gotta say that's one outlandish looking design of Drake. I also didn't know he carried a massive anchor around with him lol.

Well where do we start off with Drake? Drake is a CO who's expertise lies within his sea units; usually having the best sea units out of most CO's. His strengths from each game varies. IIRC, AW1 had him having a +10% firepower boost for his sea units while AW2 removed that and instead had a 10% defense increase for said sea units. Dual Strike was Drake at his best I believe where he had something like a +20% firepower boost for his sea units? Correct me if i'm wrong on that please.

Drake's CO Power, Tsunami wasn't that powerful in AW1 (only dealing 1HP damage to all units) but came the sequels; AW2 and AWDS said CO Power was made annoying as hell in that it takes up 50% of fuel for all of Drake's enemy units. Not only that but Drake's CO Super Power, Tycoon deals 2HP damage to all units with the same deadly effects. Reducing enemy units fuel by half is crucial on big maps (or even smaller ones as well) and especially for air units who depend on fuel to survive.

I gotta say. Drake and the rest of the Green Earth CO's (albeit Javier lol) are among my favorite CO's in Advance Wars. They all cover a specific niche for their units and are fun to use on maps where certain types of units are emphasized over the other.

So here's my question to you all. How much did Drake piss you off in the AW1 Campaign? :laugh:
Wow that Sasha art is incredible. I wish I had half the talent to make that.
Dude if I could draw remotely as good as these artists i'd be so happy. I'm trying to improve my drawing abilities myself to draw as well as these artists.
Fanart of the Day features Hawke...being Hawke lol. Coming to us from Deviantart user ZAMNPlayerD

Hawke is a pretty serious dude with his whole "to be defeated is to lose everything" and "where there is life there is opportunity" deal.

The artstyle here also reminds me of Fairly Odd Parents. Butch Hartman would appreciate it. :)

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
RamOne RamOne
God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin
DarkChaosGames DarkChaosGames
DNeon DNeon

Thread's been dead for a pretty long time so I wanted to start a discussion to bring some life back to the thread.

What have been your experiences playing pre-Advance Wars games and Battalion Wars if you ever played them? Are they any good?

I've played Super Famicom Wars and while I think the game is pretty good, it misses a lot of charm and style that the Advance-era Wars had. It also feels like a bit of a culture shock going from the Advance Wars I knew to the Japan-only games lol.

As for Battalion Wars, I haven't played it myself though from gameplay walkthroughs i've seen it looks like a fun spin-off of the Advance Wars franchise being more RTS and playing the game from the viewpoint of the infantry. Didn't find the game really memorable personally however.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I've personally only played the 2 GBA games unfortunately
You should try playing the DS ones as well. Dual Strike is a lot of fun even if the difficulty is a lot easier with Tag Powers/Skills and Days of Ruin is still a fun game even with it's radical departure from the norm.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Also sorry to not have kept the thread up, Smashboards left my routine for a bit and then I just got into E3 hype mode. Here's hoping we get something Wars related in 12 hours (but with some leaks getting slightly more corroborated this doesn't seem likely).

Just in case anyone does see this before the Direct:

What's your ideal E3 Wars reveal?

Mine's an animated trailer following on form FE Switch, the FE Switch has it's animated trailer, then it fades away into their developer talk about it, before fading back in to how the trailer ended. Suddenly all hell breaks loose in the medieval fantasy landscape, there's blasts going off everywhere, characters are panicked about what kind of sorcery they're dealing with, then they duck for cover and a tank rolls pastr and it zooms out to transition to an AW war zone with a classic Orange Star v Blue Moon 'friendly' battle going on, with cuts to Andy and the original OS crew in a command tent or command centre or something, Andy all cheery with a radio, bantering with the Blue Moon side while Sami and Max are more seriously going over their battle plans and Nell is overlooking. Similar cuts to the Blue Moon side occur, and then there's some Green Earth aircraft flyover, transitioning to a still of their COs, gameplay, then Yellow Comet still, then the in game combat animations, one side gets blasted with explosions, zoom in to the explosion to transition to the Advance Wars title. Then it fades to a black outline with Sturm lurking.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also sorry to not have kept the thread up, Smashboards left my routine for a bit and then I just got into E3 hype mode. Here's hoping we get something Wars related in 12 hours (but with some leaks getting slightly more corroborated this doesn't seem likely).

Just in case anyone does see this before the Direct:

What's your ideal E3 Wars reveal?

Mine's an animated trailer following on form FE Switch, the FE Switch has it's animated trailer, then it fades away into their developer talk about it, before fading back in to how the trailer ended. Suddenly all hell breaks loose in the medieval fantasy landscape, there's blasts going off everywhere, characters are panicked about what kind of sorcery they're dealing with, then they duck for cover and a tank rolls pastr and it zooms out to transition to an AW war zone with a classic Orange Star v Blue Moon 'friendly' battle going on, with cuts to Andy and the original OS crew in a command tent or command centre or something, Andy all cheery with a radio, bantering with the Blue Moon side while Sami and Max are more seriously going over their battle plans and Nell is overlooking. Similar cuts to the Blue Moon side occur, and then there's some Green Earth aircraft flyover, transitioning to a still of their COs, gameplay, then Yellow Comet still, then the in game combat animations, one side gets blasted with explosions, zoom in to the explosion to transition to the Advance Wars title. Then it fades to a black outline with Sturm lurking.
Hey it's cool dude no sweat haha!

The 4 scenarios for Advance Wars for E3 I thought of...

A) We get a Prime 4-esque reveal for Advance Wars Switch that only shows the logo and maybe some CGi stuff. This is also under the assumption that Intelligent Systems B Team has been working on a new Switch Advance Wars using FE Switch's assets that will be released in 2019. Lots and lots of conjecture, I know.

B) The 4chan rumor about a new Advance Wars on the 3DS is true and it gets revealed in the Treehouse segment. Not as ideal as A) but it's better than nothing right? It would also mean we would get a new game sooner like late-2018/early-2019 though it won't perform as well as a Switch AW because of how late that would be in the 3DS' life.

C) No new game but we end up getting an Advance Wars collection on the Switch/3DS or even a legacy edition of the first one with online play and whatnot.

And if the worst comes...

D) Absolutely nothing. Intelligent Systems is radio silent for Wars and on it's 30th anniversary no less. Lets all cross our fingers and hope that;s not the case...

I love your idea for the Advance Wars reveal if it happened. Though personally I would want a segway where after Fire Emblem Switch is revealed, the Direct shifts over to Reggie and he says something among the lines of this...

"And while Fire Emblem Switch will give turn-based strategy fans a lot to look forward to in 2018, another legendary Nintendo franchise is coming back to Nintendo Switch. One that's been gone for a very long time and one that's been dearly missed by Nintendo fans. Please take a look at this trailer..."
*cue Advance Wars Switch announcement in 2019 ala Prime 4*

I'd lose my **** if that happened lol.

Last edited:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
My internet was out for ages, then I was just waiting for e3 when I got it back.

We will likely see a couple more characters before release, I'm just happy we have everyone in without any cuts.
Also those changes for Palutena look sweet, I used to play her a lot when sm4sh released but she just wasn't all that great.

Anyways I'm back. AW rep still seems rather doubtful, but we won't know until the game (and all DLC) is fully released.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My internet was out for ages, then I was just waiting for e3 when I got it back.

We will likely see a couple more characters before release, I'm just happy we have everyone in without any cuts.
Also those changes for Palutena look sweet, I used to play her a lot when sm4sh released but she just wasn't all that great.

Anyways I'm back. AW rep still seems rather doubtful, but we won't know until the game (and all DLC) is fully released.
Yeah the only way I see Andy getting in is if he's the "retro" rep of this game (NES/GBA).

Which I don't think is entirely impossible with Takamaru deconfirmed.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
At very least he hasn't been deconfirmed yet.
I also don't think the Infantry and Tanks AT has been shown off yet.

Of course that means nothing in the way of confirmation/deconfirmation but it's still something to think about.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Funny, there was a post on the Advance Wars sub-reddit which speculated that the Advance Wars logo was shown off among some other franchises at the Smash Invitational. But then it was quickly pointed out that the wrench shown there was from the custom icon from Smash 4 so that deflated my hype on the spot lol. Here's the link to what i'm talking about.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Advance_Wars/comments/8qn544/look_at_the_series_symbols_on_tkbreezys_shirt/

That being said though, Nintendo confirmed that custom moves aren't returning which is why i'm confused that the logo would even be shown there. Let alone the fact the the custom logo is so arbitrary and not even a Smash universe the way Kirby, FE, and AC are.

Regardless, I don't think that points to Andy really and as for his chances to make SSBU, he needs to be the retro character (psuedo-retro I guess) or he's not getting in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom