• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Hyperactive Whiz Kid! - Andy For Smash Ultimate! We'll Live To Fight Another Day...

Favorite Advance Wars Game (Not Including pre-AW and Battalion Wars)

• Total voters

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And thanks to you, I can't unsee that image at all. lol
I imagine Andy sporting a beard and a blue/red trench coat as an adult. He would also be taller (like 5'10'ish).

Maybe he would change his hairstyle up a little bit? To give him a more sharp appearance. Without taking away from his goofy, cheerful expression.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Can't tell you how many hours I spent playing all of the Advance Wars games, so count me in on an Andy rep in Smash. I've said it before, but Smash will never feel complete to me without Golden Sun and a Wars rep in the roster. It's not a glaring hole, but a hole nonetheless. Seems the handhelds were summarily ignored, annoyingly enough.

They never explictly said "waifu's" but they more or less hinted that they've been holding back AW because they couldn't implement FE-styled relationship mechanics in the game. Interpret that in any way you wish.

Here's the article in question...

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/05/...thoughts-on-making-another-advance-wars-game/

Honestly I have no idea how a "relationship" system would even work in Advance Wars. I mean Dual Strike was the first game in the series to feature Tag Powers (using 2 CO's in a battle) that had special abilities depending on who you pared with but it's nothing like what's in FE.

Because what i'm visualizing in my head is FE-styled supports in AW somehow. I have no idea how you would do that when all the units in AW are nameless and lack a personality. Unless AW went even more FE and had units who had names and all and made it so that you could only use a certain number of units in game but that would make AW lose it's identity even more so. It's really silly envisioning Jack, the guy who drives a tank having supports with Jill, the gal who uses the artillery. Y'know what I mean?
Not to bring up old posts, but I think it's workable. It's actually strange that IS doesn't know how to do it. Off the top of my head, you could make a Wars game that had you conquer a bunch of other territories. You can have a cast of COs to choose from which gets larger the more stuff you conquer and pit specific COs against other specific COs. You could also have an 'extra play' section in a barracks where COs under your command play against each other in mock battles to improve relations. Like you said, they started to have great ideas in Dual Strike with Tag Powers which could also factor in. It sounds like it's more of a busy with FE thing rather than a 'dunno how to do relationships in AW' thing. Which is frustrating.

Love all of AW though and will await another game if it ever comes.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Great to have you join us Metocles Metocles , I actually had a similar idea about the world map conquest. I'd love to see the game take a Pyre like stance to it, having the choices be free form so that who you choose to attack in what order completely changes the relationships that build (especially if it means denying defense to an area under command by a CO so that you can attack a different area).

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Great to have you join us Metocles Metocles , I actually had a similar idea about the world map conquest. I'd love to see the game take a Pyre like stance to it, having the choices be free form so that who you choose to attack in what order completely changes the relationships that build (especially if it means denying defense to an area under command by a CO so that you can attack a different area).
This sounds like a great idea. Just goes to show that it can be done if it's really desired. If you think about it, it would be really limitless in how character driven such a game could be. And we're talking about a group of games that already has loads of characters with great design and interaction. If you stretched it to its limits you could have the world conquering mode last through generations so that your pairings pay off somehow. One play through a child of a pairing might belong to Blue Moon, while in another they belong to Orange Star.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Can't tell you how many hours I spent playing all of the Advance Wars games, so count me in on an Andy rep in Smash. I've said it before, but Smash will never feel complete to me without Golden Sun and a Wars rep in the roster. It's not a glaring hole, but a hole nonetheless. Seems the handhelds were summarily ignored, annoyingly enough.
Welcome to the Orange Star Army! (i.e. the support thread lol)

Dude I have the exact same sentiment. Andy and Isaac are my two most wanted newcomers for Smash Bros above everyone else by a mile. Both are series that I feel are important to Nintendo's history. Wars because it always had a presence on Nintendo systems pre-3DS/Wii U and that it's Nintendo's largest series historical wise to not have a character. Golden Sun because it's an RPG staple of Nintendo that sold in the millions and a classic on the GBA. Both series are loved and adored by fans and it's really nice to see a cross over between Advance Wars fans and Golden Sun ones.
Not to bring up old posts, but I think it's workable. It's actually strange that IS doesn't know how to do it. Off the top of my head, you could make a Wars game that had you conquer a bunch of other territories. You can have a cast of COs to choose from which gets larger the more stuff you conquer and pit specific COs against other specific COs. You could also have an 'extra play' section in a barracks where COs under your command play against each other in mock battles to improve relations. Like you said, they started to have great ideas in Dual Strike with Tag Powers which could also factor in. It sounds like it's more of a busy with FE thing rather than a 'dunno how to do relationships in AW' thing. Which is frustrating.

Love all of AW though and will await another game if it ever comes.
I doubt conquering nations would be a thing really. I mean maybe their could be evil nations like Black Hole attempting to seize the good nations and the said nations would join forces to liberate their land.

I think having CO's interact and form relationships is a good way to do that. Have a central hub where they interact with one another.
This sounds like a great idea. Just goes to show that it can be done if it's really desired. If you think about it, it would be really limitless in how character driven such a game could be. And we're talking about a group of games that already has loads of characters with great design and interaction. If you stretched it to its limits you could have the world conquering mode last through generations so that your pairings pay off somehow. One play through a child of a pairing might belong to Blue Moon, while in another they belong to Orange Star.
It's not that I don't like the idea per-se but I just don't think IS would do that. Not with the whole buddy buddy thing that went on in the games.

I guess you could work you're way around that and have an evil nation spread lies about one another like they did in AW1 which could lead to something like that.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yep, I also happen to agree with this notion for the reasons above.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Today's fanart of the day comes from wildragon of Deviantart and features the 3 Green Earth CO's of Black Hole Rising; Eagle, Drake, and Jess.

Hot damn! Jess looks really pissed off. According to the description Grit's laziness rubbed off Eagle/Drake and now Jess is going to solve the problem forcefully.

I gotta say. Jess with those eyes and that huge Pencil Missile thing is terrifying AF.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Late post for Fanart of the Day but today features 4 Advance Wars CO's; Drake, Kanbei, Grit, and Nell if they existed in the Fire Emblem universe. This comes from the Japanese website shuushuu.net

I gotta say I do have a lot of interest in seeing an FE/AW crossover of sorts. I don't know how it would work but it would be cool to have the CO's of Advance Wars interact with the Lords of Fire Emblem. Maybe the gameplay could take from the best of both worlds.

Now all we have to do is get Andy to dye his hair blue, wear royal attire, and wield a sword then next thing you know he'll be in Smash. :p

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Grit not having a longbow is a travesty. Also now I want to see Eagle with a Pegasus and Jess just casually holding a Balista bolt or even just a boulder on her shoulder like it's no big deal.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
In today's fanart of the day, Jess is still pissed off lol.

Whoever pissed off Jess is going to get ended by that Megatank. I pity whoever caused her so much anger and rage. Grimm is thinking "damn remind me to never piss off this women".
Grit not having a longbow is a travesty. Also now I want to see Eagle with a Pegasus and Jess just casually holding a Balista bolt or even just a boulder on her shoulder like it's no big deal.
Yeah. Max with a huge axe like Hector is also a wasted opportunity.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Late post once again for Fanart of the Day but here we have the Infantry of all 4 Allied Nations playing Poker. Coming to you from Deviantart user Surigan.

Looks like the Green Earth infantry is making bank today haha.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Yeah. Max with a huge axe like Hector is also a wasted opportunity
Ok I wrote up a whole post on this yesterday but apparently it got lost to the ether.

THIS IS NOW AN AW ALTERNATE UNIVERSE/AW X FE CROSSOVER THREAD

Sami in the thieves getup, Lash as a dark magic user. Colin is a full on squire to Olaf, the northern knight with fur flourishes like the GoT Starks. Hachi is Anna's bestie, but they constantly squabble over Hachi asking for a friend's discount while Anna is being her usual moneygrubbing self. Sturm is in full LoZ Phantom style dark knight getup.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ok I wrote up a whole post on this yesterday but apparently it got lost to the ether.

THIS IS NOW AN AW ALTERNATE UNIVERSE/AW X FE CROSSOVER THREAD

Sami in the thieves getup, Lash as a dark magic user. Colin is a full on squire to Olaf, the northern knight with fur flourishes like the GoT Starks. Hachi is Anna's bestie, but they constantly squabble over Hachi asking for a friend's discount while Anna is being her usual moneygrubbing self. Sturm is in full LoZ Phantom style dark knight getup.
Well Andy at least gets to be the blue haired lord with a sword right? I would hope as much lol.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Nice pic Ura. Max was always a cool character even if he was a bit of a brute.
Just didn't like using him in-game because of the range limitations on artillery/such.

I really liked Grit in Fog of War for the increased ranged using his CO powers.
Use recons or aerial units to scout ahead, pop his CO power, then watch the enemy collapse to 12+ long-ranged units.

I still plan to write a moveset for Andy but I've been rather busy sadly.
Not even gonna put an expected time on it, just gonna post it when I make it because at this rate i don't know when I'll get around to it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Today's Fanart of the Day features Lin (not Lyn from Fire Emblem or Lin from Xenoblade Chronicles X mind you lol) and it comes to us from Deviantart user iforher

Lin is one of the 4 main characters in Advance Wars: Days of Ruin and she's the standout in the four as she's not afraid to take matters in her own hands to get things done. Unlike Will who's an idealist and wouldn't want to kill anyone, Lin has no reservations in killing horrid, despicable individuals. Not going to spoil much but dammit she sure put Greyfield in his place haha. Serves that SoB right.

Lin is both extremely intimidating and hot AF. The makings for a very badass character lol.
Nice pic Ura. Max was always a cool character even if he was a bit of a brute.
Just didn't like using him in-game because of the range limitations on artillery/such.

I really liked Grit in Fog of War for the increased ranged using his CO powers.
Use recons or aerial units to scout ahead, pop his CO power, then watch the enemy collapse to 12+ long-ranged units.

I still plan to write a moveset for Andy but I've been rather busy sadly.
Not even gonna put an expected time on it, just gonna post it when I make it because at this rate i don't know when I'll get around to it.
Max in AW1 is pretty much unstoppable. IIRC they gave him +50% firepower which is beyond insane for any CO. Not even AW2 Sturm is that broken I think unless he uses his SCOP. What's funny is that in every game that followed Max got weaker and weaker. Intelligent Systems is just not able to find a right balance for Max in not making him suck and not being ridiculously broken.

Grit is in my Top 3 favorite CO's along with Andy and Jess. I'm totally with you on that. Grit is a godsend for any Fog of War map and when he has all his Artillery's in place, the opponents life is going to be miserable lol.

Yeah take your time on the moveset. I would rather you think everything out before posting. No pressure.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Is Lin from later games? She looks like a combination of cool/cute.

EDIT: Saw she was from days of ruin.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Is Lin from later games? She looks like a combination of cool/cute.

EDIT: Saw she was from days of ruin.
Well actually that fan art makes her look a little bit more kawaii then she actually is canon lol.

In the games she's mostly serious. A hard line veteran that will get the job done no matter what.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lin is the best girl.

Ironically, it took until the "dark ages" to get a waifu that hot.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Today's Fanart of the Day features a very nice artwork of Sami by Twitter user Gogli

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now that's really cool to see. The more people supporting this franchise whether it be through fanart or other means the better. Here's hoping he does one for Andy as well. Maybe some one can ask him to do that.

And I think we can all agree with him in that Intelligent Systems needs to make a new AW game lol.

EDIT: Posting Fanart of the Day here so i'm not double posting all the time lol. Today's fanart features more Papercraft goodness. More specifically, Papercraft Submarine's

Man I really wish these were sold. My wallet would be dead.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Today's Fanart of the Day features a very nice artwork of Sami by Twitter user Gogli

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now that's really cool to see. The more people supporting this franchise whether it be through fanart or other means the better. Here's hoping he does one for Andy as well. Maybe some one can ask him to do that.

And I think we can all agree with him in that Intelligent Systems needs to make a new AW game lol.

EDIT: Posting Fanart of the Day here so i'm not double posting all the time lol. Today's fanart features more Papercraft goodness. More specifically, Papercraft Submarine's

Man I really wish these were sold. My wallet would be dead.
That's a pretty nice sub model there.

Major props to the artist.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Looks like it's Sami that's pissed off in today's Fanart of the Day. Coming to you from Deviantart user deiulamb

One thing i've learned since starting Fanart of the Day is to never piss off the AW gals :grin:. Looks like Sami is a Punch-Out fan and she's going to practice her skills on Nell.

Doesn't help matters that she has her CO Power Meter filled up. Victory March is never a good thing for anyone other than Sami. :(

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hate to double post again and all but I came across this really sweet artwork of Andy on Twitter from user Nesoberi Bren-san

Like the Sami artwork, this one looks really amazing. It has a more chibi-style to it as opposed to Advance Wars' pseudo-anime artstyle but nevertheless it's great.

While i'm at it, I guess this will count as Fanart of the Day lol.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Hate to double post again and all but I came across this really sweet artwork of Andy on Twitter from user Nesoberi Bren-san

Like the Sami artwork, this one looks really amazing. It has a more chibi-style to it as opposed to Advance Wars' pseudo-anime artstyle but nevertheless it's great.

While i'm at it, I guess this will count as Fanart of the Day lol.
That's adorable!! but...damn that left (or I guess his right) ankle looks painful :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That's adorable!! but...damn that left (or I guess his right) ankle looks painful :p
Nothing Hyper Repair can't fix amirite? :estatic:

Well...more like a Hyper Upgrade in this case lol.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Well I had a draft saved but apparently it disappeared. Anyways, in response to your comment about how OP Max was, I personally don't look at that for who I decide to play. Back then I simply liked Grit for artillery-style weaponry.

I played Ness way back in the N64 days purely because he felt like the most unique and creative character from that original roster. I never played or even heard of Earthbound back then but I loved playing him. I do hesitate playing characters who are unfortunately quite weak, but otherwise I just play who I enjoy playing. I loved the play-style and stuck with it. A couple years back I even played through Earthbound on an emulator just because of how attached I was to the character. Considering how old that game was, it was way ahead of its time oozing with so much creativity in everything from character designs to puzzle solutions. "Moonside" was probably among the most memorable areas for me.

OKAY.png

It was nice seeing him becoming a good character in Sm4sh after how clumsy he was in both Brawl/Melee but I never got into those games enough which is why I leave my "main" slot for those games blank.

TL;DR: Gameplay/Playstyle > Meta/Top Tier.
At the end of the day, we play games to have FUN. If the only way you have fun is by winning, you likely have bigger problems to deal with. Though I can understand it a bit more in the pro scene when the competition affects someone's career.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah I was just half-joking about how broken Intelligent Systems made Max in AW1 lol.

I play CO's in Advance Wars regardless of tiers. AW1 Andy is one of the weaker CO's in that game yet I still like how he's the "jack of all trades" and usable for every map/situation. Same with AW2 Jess. She's regarded as one of the worst CO's in the game but she has a really cool vibe about her not to mention her CO Power competly replenishes her fuel/ammo.

Thankfully both Andy and Jess got buffed in the games that followed their debut lol.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Y’all say that and it could become a reality.

Max will be top tier in Smash, just you watch.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Late post for Fanart of the Day (wonder how many times now i've done this lol) but today features a 3D-esque aesthetic of Advance Wars that I think is really cool. Found this pic on SketchFab from user klamp

Of course the purist in me loves the classic, top down gameplay Wars traditionally has but this looks pretty cool as well.
Y’all say that and it could become a reality.

Max will be top tier in Smash, just you watch.
Funny that you mention that. I had a weird thought the other day of Max taking Ganondorf's clone moveset and being a Falcon clone lol. Surprisingly, Max would actually fit really well as a slower, powerful Falcon clone. He would have blue flames instead of purple ones of course.

INB4 Sakurai reads this and we have FalconMax. :bee:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Late post for Fanart of the Day (wonder how many times now i've done this lol) but today features a 3D-esque aesthetic of Advance Wars that I think is really cool. Found this pic on SketchFab from user klamp

Of course the purist in me loves the classic, top down gameplay Wars traditionally has but this looks pretty cool as well.

Funny that you mention that. I had a weird thought the other day of Max taking Ganondorf's clone moveset and being a Falcon clone lol. Surprisingly, Max would actually fit really well as a slower, powerful Falcon clone. He would have blue flames instead of purple ones of course.

INB4 Sakurai reads this and we have FalconMax. :bee:
Nice art. Looks almost like the map of the game.

Also, FalconMax for Smash. :troll:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Fanart of the day...err rather Cosplay of the day goes to this Tumblr user who has a very...lets say interesting way of showing his support for a new Advance Wars game. :bee:

I gotta say, this is some A+ marketing right here. I think we can all agree on the sentiment lol.
Nice art. Looks almost like the map of the game.

Also, FalconMax for Smash. :troll:
The more I think about it, the more I want Max to jack Ganondorf's moveset and become the new heavy clone of Falcon lol (joking here people).

It surprises me how much it actually fits. Max being a brute and all.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Today's fanart of the day is once again not actually a fan art but rather a fan project of a modder working on Sami's unfinished data left in the game. He even gave Sami her own unique moves and sound effects. As well as a distinct voice.
In Project M, I have a suspicion that the devs intended for Sami to be a semi-clone of Snake which is what I see her niche being. This could give you a sense of how Sami would play in an offical Smash Bros game. Whereas Andy would fight with his wrench and other AW units, Sami would be mostly a gunfighter taking a lot from Snake's assets.

It's a shame Project M went down the way it did. If it went on for like a year or two longer we could have had both Advance Wars and Golden Sun representation on the roster. Even if Sami's isn't my choice for AW character.
Hey I'd love to see Andy in Smash. Feel free to add me as a supporter.
Sweet! You're officially a member of the Orange Star Army!

Last edited:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Some people have said that's the best way to get "Snake" back if Sakurai couldn't get the rights to him again.
Max as the Cpt.Falcon clone and Andy with his own set and we got the whole gang here. :p

Highly doubtful that would happen, but it's not impossible.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wow is this like a streak or something? This is like the third day of non-fanart related posts lol. In any case today's Fanart Concept Art of the Day features official artwork from designer Ryo Hirata.

Hirata posted this artwork after joining Twitter 2 years ago. It features all the CO's of both GBA Advance Wars games and even has a group photo of all the CO's in AW2. The artwork in the middle really gives you a scale of how each CO stacks up to each other. It's funny that Jess is taller than both Eagle and Drake lol.

And also my god Max has been drinking his juice. You can't honestly tell me that's natural lol.
Some people have said that's the best way to get "Snake" back if Sakurai couldn't get the rights to him again.
Max as the Cpt.Falcon clone and Andy with his own set and we got the whole gang here. :p

Highly doubtful that would happen, but it's not impossible.
I think Max could work well as an AT actually. Like he comes in with a huge Megatank and fires at will unleashing massive damage.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have been playing Advance Wars on my Wii U lately early morning and late night. After liking strategy games again thanks to Fire Emblem Echoes, I wanted to give Advanced Wars another go. The game is pretty good, although the amount of mechanics directly taught in each tutorial level can be very overwhelming sometimes. IDK if I will be able to grasp all the kinds of tanks, helicopters, or soldiers, but I will try my best.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I have been playing Advance Wars on my Wii U lately early morning and late night. After liking strategy games again thanks to Fire Emblem Echoes, I wanted to give Advanced Wars another go. The game is pretty good, although the amount of mechanics directly taught in each tutorial level can be very overwhelming sometimes. IDK if I will be able to grasp all the kinds of tanks, helicopters, or soldiers, but I will try my best.
Sweet! Glad to see you're enjoying the game.

You'll get used to the mechanics no worries. I was a bit starstruck as well when I first played AW but once you get the hang of it you'll be a pro.

Here's a quick gist of all the units...

Infantry: Think of them like pawns in a game of chess. Cheap, affordable and useful for capturing properties.
Mechs: Like Infantry but pack some hefty firepower and are good VS tanks/anti-airs (not Md. Tanks mind you lol).
Tanks: The bread and butter of any Wars game. Useful against most vehicular units and also VS Infantry/Mechs.
Md. Tanks: Like the regular Tank but really powerful and also significantly more expensive.
Recon: Useful in Fog of War to see many spaces ahead.
Anti-Air: Useful in destroying aircraft and Infantry/Mechs
APC's: Supply's fuel and ammo to any unit it comes in contact with. Also carries Infantry/Mechs.
Artillery: Long range fire unit against land units.
Rockets: Like Artillery but has a longer range though it can't fire as close as the Artillery. Also more expensive.
Missiles: Like Rockets but shoots air units instead of land ones.
Landers: Sea units to take your land units from one part of the map to the other.
Subs: Useful in destroying other sea units and can dive underwater. Not good VS Cruisers.
Cruisers: Deadly against Subs and aircraft. Also can carry a T-Copter.
Battleships: Like Rockets but with even longer range and very expensive.
T-Copter: Like an APC but travels through air. Vulnerable to being destroyed by many units.
B-Copter: A Battle Copter useful against most land units and other B/T-Copters
Fighters: Deadly against any fellow aircraft units.
Bombers: Deadly against all land/sea units and also really expensive.

Well maybe not a "quick" gust but still lol. Everything will be second nature once you understand the fundamentals.

Last edited:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Don't worry... when I first started I just spammed tanks/medium tanks along with infantry to capture things and A-Air when necessary. I don't remember the game being too complicated, but it definitely wasn't easy to just pick-up on a whim. Especially when you have to strategize around various CO. Powers and stuff.

The units aren't much harder than learning FE's weapon triangle, except it isn't really a "triangle". Not sure which one you're playing. Also keep in mind during Fog of War that you can get surprised when attempting to move into spaces you don't have vision of. If an enemy unit occupies that space you're unit will stop moving and be unable to act where they got intercepted. FoW is the only mode where recons are useful due to their high movement and vision range since their weapon is quite weak vs. anything that isn't infantry.

Top Bottom