• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Hyperactive Whiz Kid! - Andy For Smash Ultimate! We'll Live To Fight Another Day...

Favorite Advance Wars Game (Not Including pre-AW and Battalion Wars)

• Total voters

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Halo Infinite releases less than a week after Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp. IDK if that's bad for this game's prospects but hopefully, releasing on different consoles doesn't hurt the game too much. Granted, all the gaming media is going to be talking about in the lead up to December is Halo Infinite so that's going to take significant buzz away from this game. At least it's Nintendo only big title for December so it'll get enough marketing from Nintendo themselves.
Here's a concept I made for a hypothetical CO Pass for Re-Boot Camp!
View attachment 327812
I TRULY hope they consider some DLC, whether it be free or paid. I mean, it's a no-brainer. All the games Nintendo has released with an emphasis on online multiplayer have received some type of DLC. Just some examples: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, Splatoon 2, and Smash. Heck, even some of their single-player games have received DLC!

I'll try to reply to them with this image whenever they tweet about the game again. Hopefully, they have plans for DLC or consider it if they haven't done it yet.

What COs would you add from Dual Strike and why?
I just hope this game does well enough to warrant DLC lol. I'm thinking they could roll out free content patches early on (think War Room missions and new maps). If sales are well enough, then they could do something like a CO Pass, bringing in CO's from Dual Strike with their own custom AW1/AW2 skillset.

Also, I don't see it being a Smash Bros-like model lol. More like all the Dual Strike CO's in one bundle sold together. We're not waiting like months in between their releases haha.

EDIT: In regards to which Dual Strike CO I would want, it would be Sasha easily for her CO Power cutting off the opponent's CO Power meter. Doesn't get much better than that, even more so with AW1/AW2 mechanics in mind.

Last edited:

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
I don't think the game will flop. If anything, more people will get even more excited once Nintendo shows the remaining COs. Not to mention how well received the announcement of Re-Boot Camp was on its own! The future is looking bright for us, we just have to keep spreading the word and hope everything goes well.

Also, I don't see it being a Smash Bros-like model lol. More like all the Dual Strike CO's in one bundle sold together. We're not waiting like months in between their releases haha.
I agree. I just modeled it like a Smash Fighters Pass for fun. Would they really bring all of them back? Do you think they might also bring things like old Units back?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't think the game will flop. If anything, more people will get even more excited once Nintendo shows the remaining COs. Not to mention how well received the announcement of Re-Boot Camp was on its own! The future is looking bright for us, we just have to keep spreading the word and hope everything goes well.

I agree. I just modeled it like a Smash Fighters Pass for fun. Would they really bring all of them back? Do you think they might also bring things like old Units back?
Well, I also don't think the game will do abysmally like Dual Strike did in 2005. Re-Boot Camp was well received but i'm talking about this game doing big numbers and breaking the 1M sales mark, possibly even higher. Because for the franchise to really have it's future secured and to have bigger budget sequels, it needs to not only sell okay but also sell in the million figure(s).

As is, this game is poised to sell better than any previous entry but we need to hope for more than just that. Hopefully with the Nintendo marketing muscle behind it, it does just that.

As for your question, I think they might but we have so little to base this off. Maybe the Dual Strike CO's could be added in and Dual battles could be it's own side mode included in that bundle. Personally, I want the next Advance Wars to be a new game and not another remake so having both Dual Strike & Days of Ruin CO's in this game would be a way to satisfy those fans who want those games remade. Because IMO as a franchise, Advance Wars needs to move away from remakes after this and start appealing to newer fans.
If Wayforward keeps working on AW after this, I hope they bring out the deep cuts like Famicom Wars and Battalion Wars OCs. River City Girls proves that they're willing to leave no stone unturned..
Yeah that's what I had in mind. Add in those CO's so that the old games don't have to be remade. I wouldn't mind the Kirby-model where they added their characters post-launch. If Advance Wars did that, it would be a successful model and it's what I had in mind for the mobile title that was rumored before this (still hoping AW gets a mobile game down the line BTW).

amageish

Smash Master
What COs would you add from Dual Strike and why?
I'll admit that I am a bad fan who only played the GBA titles, so I have no personal skin in the game for DS characters, but taking a cursory glance at the Wiki... Javier has a fantastic mustache. Penny having 2 teddy bears makes her stand out, though also a child with two teddy bears fighting in a war cannot be happening without some depressing backstory stuff going on.

If the game does get DLC to try and boost online play, then I would also not mind getting just 1 crossover CO from FE for promotion/recognizing-the-IPs-as-sister-series. Mark from FE7 especially stands out as a character directly influenced by AW's existence, as the psuedo-present tactician, but Kris and Robin are obviously inspired by Mark and have actual defined looks, so maybe one of them would be neat...

Halo Infinite releases less than a week after Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp. IDK if that's bad for this game's prospects but hopefully, releasing on different consoles doesn't hurt the game too much. Granted, all the gaming media is going to be talking about in the lead up to December is Halo Infinite so that's going to take significant buzz away from this game. At least it's Nintendo only big title for December so it'll get enough marketing from Nintendo themselves.
You really can't do a December release without running into competition, but I imagine it'd be counter-balanced by people wanting to buy their friends or family something - anything - for the holidays and impulse-purchasing the game from the "New Releases" rack.

Yeah that's what I had in mind. Add in those CO's so that the old games don't have to be remade. I wouldn't mind the Kirby-model where they added their characters post-launch. If Advance Wars did that, it would be a successful model and it's what I had in mind for the mobile title that was rumored before this (still hoping AW gets a mobile game down the line BTW).
The Star Allies model could actually work really well, especially as it wouldn't feel like its gating content that should be base game like Star Allies did.

Just... please, Wayfoward, don't make it dataminable from release like most of Nintendo's post-launch content updates in this style are!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You really can't do a December release without running into competition, but I imagine it'd be counter-balanced by people wanting to buy their friends or family something - anything - for the holidays and impulse-purchasing the game from the "New Releases" rack.

The Star Allies model could actually work really well, especially as it wouldn't feel like its gating content that should be base game like Star Allies did.

Just... please, Wayfoward, don't make it dataminable from release like most of Nintendo's post-launch content updates in this style are!
You're right in that it's selling to different markets but I can see some not wanting to spend money on anything other than Halo Infinite for December. Plus, all the gaming world is going to be talking about around that time is Halo so it could lessen the buzz for Advance Wars. Thankfully however, it's being sold on different systems.

I wouldn't lose much sleep if there was a datamine TBH. I mean, we know what to expect from any post-launch content as is lol.
I'd only really want Sasha from Dual Strike for the brother-sister dynamic between her and Colin. Maybe even include a mini-campaign with whatever possible new characters get added. I still think Wayforward would cheekily add their own Ammo Baron and his army to the mix.
Yeah, Sasha would be my ideal choice but I could see the whole Dual Strike cast making it in if WayForward went that route. I'd even like it if Tag Battles were included in a hypothetical Dual Strike pack.
Ura Ura The absolute biggest threat to Re-Boot Camp, TMNT Shredder's Revenge, has been delayed to next year.

I don't think you'll have anything to worry about in regards to limelight theft.
I was never worried about TMNT lol. Halo, IMO is a much bigger competitor given how big of a franchise it is.

But hey, the less competition in December the better. :)

amageish

Smash Master
You're right in that it's selling to different markets but I can see some not wanting to spend money on anything other than Halo Infinite for December. Plus, all the gaming world is going to be talking about around that time is Halo so it could lessen the buzz for Advance Wars. Thankfully however, it's being sold on different systems.
My point was more that a Holiday release is always going to have trade-offs. What you may loose from competition has to be made up from impulse-buying and holiday shopping. So I do agree that Advance Wars probably would get more trending time on social media with a different release schedule, but I'm also not too worried about it not doing well because of its release month either.

Biggest potential PR hit is things like The Game Awards, which usually ignore releases from the previous years' December unless they're something like Smash, but that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I wouldn't lose much sleep if there was a datamine TBH. I mean, we know what to expect from any post-launch content as is lol.
Valid as well haha. Not quite as many potential surprises as Star Allies had going for it...

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
Just a subtle way from us StarTropics fans to help Advance Wars get even more attention.

What if Advance Wars had a crossover with StarTropics?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Just a subtle way from us StarTropics fans to help Advance Wars get even more attention.

To be honest, he doesn't look too out-of-place...

Although have you heard anything about that theory/rumor that Next Level Games might be working on StarTropics? I don't know where it came from, but it'd be something at least.

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
To be honest, he doesn't look too out-of-place...

Although have you heard anything about that theory/rumor that Next Level Games might be working on StarTropics? I don't know where it came from, but it'd be something at least.
There are a lot of small things that sort of hint at Nintendo working on something StarTropics related. Hopefully, those rumors turn out to be true. I'm just glad that one of my all-time favorite series (AW) is back!

amageish

Smash Master

Honestly, crossover COs for multiplayer isn't the worst idea IMO; it'd certainly be good way for the game to get some more eyes on it.

Now, watch as Wayfoward calls up Chucklefish for a collab and we go full-circle...

Ooooh, that's an interesting rumour. All the rumours I've seen have been seeing are suggesting they're doing a new Punch-Out!, but it'd be cool to see them taking on a new IP too.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Honestly, crossover COs for multiplayer isn't the worst idea IMO; it'd certainly be good way for the game to get some more eyes on it.

Now, watch as Wayfoward calls up Chucklefish for a collab and we go full-circle...

Ooooh, that's an interesting rumour. All the rumours I've seen have been seeing are suggesting they're doing a new Punch-Out!, but it'd be cool to see them taking on a new IP too.
Honestly, at this point, I just wanna see what Nintendo has in store for NLG. It's VERY rare for Nintendo to buy out other companies (last time was Monolith Soft back in 2008), and although it seems more like a case where Nintendo felt like they HAD to buy them or risk a repeat of Rare, NLG has at least proven themselves to be a worthy acquisition. I don't think they've even acknowledged the buyout since it happened, but I'm kinda getting hungry for more info... I'll even take them uncancelling that "Clockwerk" game from awhile back.

Though we should probably try to steer things back towards Advance Wars, or risk somebody mistaking this for off-topic rambling...

amageish

Smash Master

So, Nintendo has another first-party offering sharing a release date with Advance Wars. Weirder still, it is another random reveal of a dormant series and it was announced via Tweet, in spite of a Direct allegedly being in the coming weeks.

Two very different types of games for different audiences, but also between this, AW, and Danganronpa Decadence, I personally am going to be running out of money that week.

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
With rumors about a Nintendo Direct happening later this month. I think it's just a matter of time for us to find out whether or not the remakes will hit Japanese shores. Given that this rumored Direct will most likely be the last one we get this year. Is it safe to say that if the remakes are not shown, the game won't be released in Japan? Or do you think it will be released but at a later time?

There's not really an excuse for them to not release it in said region. Considering that the CO designs seem to be pretty much based on the ones from AW2, it shouldn't be that hard to just recolor Olaf and Sonja. It's not like they are creating different designs for both games. Grit now has his cowboy hat and even Nell's AW2 Japanese design was changed to match her international one.
1630645439705.png

I want to believe that Nintendo didn't list Japanese as one of the supported languages on purpose. They might have done this to keep their Japanese audience guessing, and interested to some extent.

Regarding the continuity of the series, wasn't Olaf's back story from the original AW retconned in AW2? I wonder how they will handle all of that, but I guess it's not a problem given that they removed the player character from these remakes.
1630645755393.png

I used to think that some of the CO Powers required some type of advanced technology. But now that we have this piece of information, the implications behind Olaf's and Drake's CO Powers are terrifying! (Pretty much magic, I guess)​

amageish

Smash Master
With rumors about a Nintendo Direct happening later this month. I think it's just a matter of time for us to find out whether or not the remakes will hit Japanese shores. Given that this rumored Direct will most likely be the last one we get this year. Is it safe to say that if the remakes are not shown, the game won't be released in Japan? Or do you think it will be released but at a later time?
I have no idea, honestly. It seems weird for them to skip Japan, but I also don't really see much of a reason to keep people guessing... Big Brain Academy coming out both digitally and physically on the exact same day does make me think that the possibility of it getting a 2022 release in Japan is more possible though... It's odd that they're releasing two "We're bringing this long-dormant IP back!" titles on the same day...

There's not really an excuse for them to not release it in said region. Considering that the CO designs seem to be pretty much based on the ones from AW2, it shouldn't be that hard to just recolor Olaf and Sonja. It's not like they are creating different designs for both games. Grit now has his cowboy hat and even Nell's AW2 Japanese design was changed to match her international one.
View attachment 328916
I want to believe that Nintendo didn't list Japanese as one of the supported languages on purpose. They might have done this to keep their Japanese audience guessing, and interested to some extent.
I imagine they could do some design tweaks as needed... Maybe they're hoping for find a Japanese company to help take on localization costs though? They could partner with Spike Chunsoft or Playism - really any Japanese company known for bringing over western indie games - if they didn't want internal NoJ resources to be on the job...

Regarding the continuity of the series, wasn't Olaf's back story from the original AW retconned in AW2? I wonder how they will handle all of that, but I guess it's not a problem given that they removed the player character from these remakes.
View attachment 328917
I used to think that some of the CO Powers required some type of advanced technology. But now that we have this piece of information, the implications behind Olaf's and Drake's CO Powers are terrifying! (Pretty much magic, I guess)
That is an interesting development I do love a good "[X] WAS INSIDE OF YOU ALL ALONG" joke, but it'll be interesting to see if it is a throwaway joke or going to be more plot-relevant.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

View attachment 328916

View attachment 328917
I used to think that some of the CO Powers required some type of advanced technology. But now that we have this piece of information, the implications behind Olaf's and Drake's CO Powers are terrifying! (Pretty much magic, I guess)
Magic? Maybe my fan theory that Advance Wars is set in the future of Fire Emblem has a chance after all...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

View attachment 328916

View attachment 328917
Are those powers really as bad as Colin and Sasha destroying the economy of wherever they go with mountains of cash spawned from nowhere?

Last edited:

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

So, Nintendo has another first-party offering sharing a release date with Advance Wars. Weirder still, it is another random reveal of a dormant series and it was announced via Tweet, in spite of a Direct allegedly being in the coming weeks.

Two very different types of games for different audiences, but also between this, AW, and Danganronpa Decadence, I personally am going to be running out of money that week.
A very random reveal indeed. I actually got this game confused with Brain Age and I thought "wait this game released a few years ago" lol.

I really hope this will be the last game Nintendo has releasing on December 3rd. Because Advance Wars needs a chance to shine haha.
Well I mean, Big Brain Academy is a completely different genre than Advance Wars and for a different audience at that. Additionally, Danganronpa is 3rd party so I also wouldn't worry about that either.

Like I said many times before, they were willing to localize FDC worldwide on the same day it released in Japan. I can't see why they wouldn't do the game for AW given it has less text and that releasing in 2022 would kill it given the competition that year.

I also don't see the logic in reviving a dead franchise and then omitting it from your own domestic market. Why even spend the resources? Like, it makes no sense lol.
Magic? Maybe my fan theory that Advance Wars is set in the future of Fire Emblem has a chance after all...
Yo, I actually dig this theory a lot. Of course, piecing it out would be quite the challenge but it'd be hilarious if this was the case. And it would also explain how CO's are able to control the weather or even summon a meteor from space lol.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yo, I actually dig this theory a lot. Of course, piecing it out would be quite the challenge but it'd be hilarious if this was the case. And it would also explain how CO's are able to control the weather or even summon a meteor from space lol.
Actually, there IS a spell in Fire Emblem that summons meteors...

Though they'd probably just let FEH do the explaining. They were able to get away with adding TMS characters, after all.

amageish

Smash Master
I also don't see the logic in reviving a dead franchise and then omitting it from your own domestic market. Why even spend the resources? Like, it makes no sense lol.
I mean, to play devil's advocate for a moment, we don't know how Nintendo's agreement with Wayfoward is working. It is possible that this isn't costing Nintendo much at all and that Wayforward will be getting a portion of sales.

I also don't think AW would die in Japan in 2022. There's a lot of big games happening in 2022, but not much is currently planned for early Q1. It mostly just seems like it'll be a big Spring and Holiday season.

Actually, there IS a spell in Fire Emblem that summons meteors...

Though they'd probably just let FEH do the explaining. They were able to get away with adding TMS characters, after all.
I feel like the FEH subreddit has a "Will we get AW content" question thread every few weeks that always gets downvoted to hell. I think the number of modes that organize characters based on their game of origin makes it hard for FEH to have effective crossover characters, but I could see November's seasonal banner turning into an Advance Wars cosplay banner (i.e., FE characters dress up as AW characters).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean, to play devil's advocate for a moment, we don't know how Nintendo's agreement with Wayfoward is working. It is possible that this isn't costing Nintendo much at all and that Wayforward will be getting a portion of sales.

I also don't think AW would die in Japan in 2022. There's a lot of big games happening in 2022, but not much is currently planned for early Q1. It mostly just seems like it'll be a big Spring and Holiday season.

I feel like the FEH subreddit has a "Will we get AW content" question thread every few weeks that always gets downvoted to hell. I think the number of modes that organize characters based on their game of origin makes it hard for FEH to have effective crossover characters, but I could see November's seasonal banner turning into an Advance Wars cosplay banner (i.e., FE characters dress up as AW characters).
Even still, why Nintendo would revive AW and not release it worldwide is absurd especially if it's costing less. My point of it releasing in 2022 is that there's so much strategy games releasing next year with Triangle Strategy, the Rabbids game, and the rumored FE remake. I feel like AW would drown out there with all those titles especially considering the bad luck it has had there. It needs a proper chance to shine there.

I would love AW having crossover with FEH. And really, it only makes sense given the fact that FE was literally conceptualized through the Wars series so it's almost a must. Plus, that could be a good way to get eyeballs on it having Andy, Sami, and Max be playable in FEH.

amageish

Smash Master
Even still, why Nintendo would revive AW and not release it worldwide is absurd especially if it's costing less. My point of it releasing in 2022 is that there's so much strategy games releasing next year with Triangle Strategy, the Rabbids game, and the rumored FE remake. I feel like AW would drown out there with all those titles especially considering the bad luck it has had there. It needs a proper chance to shine there.

I would love AW having crossover with FEH. And really, it only makes sense given the fact that FE was literally conceptualized through the Wars series so it's almost a must. Plus, that could be a good way to get eyeballs on it having Andy, Sami, and Max be playable in FEH.
True, but 2022 also isn't a monolith. I'm sure AW would be fine if it was Jan/Feb/March in Japan... well, assuming the FE remake isn't too close on the horizon, at least.

It'd be neat! As I said, I don't know if it'd work pragmatically just because of FEH's mechanics (between Resonant Battles, Limited-Hero Battles, and even basic things like the UI dividing the characters into games of origin, it would be hard to do a one-off crossover, with even TMS kind of in an awkward position), but some sort of content in FEH would be nice. At minimum, some sort of accessory or special maps could be doable - that's what FEW got, anyway.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
True, but 2022 also isn't a monolith. I'm sure AW would be fine if it was Jan/Feb/March in Japan... well, assuming the FE remake isn't too close on the horizon, at least.

It'd be neat! As I said, I don't know if it'd work pragmatically just because of FEH's mechanics (between Resonant Battles, Limited-Hero Battles, and even basic things like the UI dividing the characters into games of origin, it would be hard to do a one-off crossover, with even TMS kind of in an awkward position), but some sort of content in FEH would be nice. At minimum, some sort of accessory or special maps could be doable - that's what FEW got, anyway.
I mean, if you're going to release Q1 2022 over there I don't see why you couldn't just release it in Dec so it could be a worldwide release lol. Keep in mind there's more to be announced for 2022 and there's already 3 strategy games releasing on the Switch in 2022. One of which (FE) is very popular in the Japanese market and would likely dwarf AW in terms of fan interest. It's just not a good idea that prolong the release over there (here's remembering Advance Wars 1 & 2 releasing in 2004).

Any kind of crossover with FEH would be welcome in my eyes. I just want the series to get more attention from those who wouldn't normally check the series out. That being said, I would hope Andy, Sami, & Max make an appearance of some kind.
Does anyone know any Japanese Advance Wars fan communities and what they think about how Nintendo still hasn't revealed a release date (or release in general) for Japan for Re-boot Camp?
I don't know any fan communities, per se but I have seen a lot of Japanese Advance Wars fans expressing their desire to see the remakes localized on Twitter. I recall reading like a Famitsu column or something that was posted to Twitter and all the replies were to the effect of "localize it here" and "is it releasing domestically?"

I have a good feeling we'll see the release date announced in the rumored Direct next week.

amageish

Smash Master
Mangs just uploaded a video about some Advance Wars LEAKS!
A lot of interesting stuff in here (especially some o the characters using Japanese-version-inspired designs), but I am kind of hoping it is fake just because I don't want a giant leak to sour Nintendo's relationship with Wayfoward and curtail the possiblity of their relationship continuing. I mean, we know Nintendo dropped all their Netflix ties after that agreement leaked and now Netflix isn't even on the Switch.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Interesting. I like the idea of Clone Andy being made more unique (it'd make my suggestion that he be an Andy Echo less awkward), but the voice actor bit is raising a few red flags. Namely, some of these are pretty big names, like Laura Bailey. Would they actually go the extra mile when the game doesn't even have full voice acting?

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
Yeah, the whole voice acting thing seems a little weird to me. Why would they only hire voice actors just for a few lines? Unless there might be some cutscenes in the game. I also kind of don't believe that the online function hasn't been tested. But hey, I could be wrong about it, given Nintendo's approach to online in their games. (But this game is not being developed by Nintendo, so who knows).

Didn't Nintendo say that they were testing something new to improve their online with Monster Hunter?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm excited if these leaks are true. Granted, I can't say i'm a big fan of Mangs (for reasons that are well known on the web) but i'll post my thoughts on each part of the leaks.

Voice Acting: This is the most hype part of the leaks for me. For one, it includes VA's like Matthew Mercer and Laura Bailey being involved in the project which would indicate that they're spending more money than we thought on voice acting (and also this game could have a higher budget than we thought at first). And the other part is Andy being voiced by Veronica Taylor. Imagine Andy sharing the same VA as the original Ash Ketchum.

I should also mention that I had fancasted Matthew Mercer to voice Max a number of years ago. If the leaks are true, then I was close in my prediction.

Also, Patrick Seitz as Kanbei is funny because it'll be like a more goofy version of his Scorpion/Hanzo Hassashi voice from Mortal Kombat haha.

Two Games?: I really hope the CO's can transition from AW1 to AW2 mechanics, we'll see soon enough.

Online Multiplayer: I hope WayForward gets this all sorted out before this game releases. We don't want the online to be like Smash Ultimate lol.

Custom Maps: Sounds neat, I look forward to all the neat fan-created maps to play.

Balance Changes: I'm looking forward to this as well. There's a lot of much needed balance changes in Advance Wars. Some CO's need to be tweaked to be more viable, others need to be less broken. Hopefully this means every CO's D2D abilities have been tweaked in some shape or form.

Difficulty: As someone who was only able to beat Advance Campaign in AW1 with guides, this spooks me lol. I just hope the AI is more fair like it was in Days of Ruin.

Music: This sounds very hype. I already listened to the theme songs from the E3 build and those were great.

Clone Andy: Now Andy has his very own Echo Fighter haha. I like these touch up's and expanding upon ideas that were basic in the originals.

Eagle: Sounds good, Eagle is in need of some buffs and I like that he seems to have his Dual Strike skill set.

CO Designs: Most sound great for the most part aside from Sami. Hopefully she isn't too gritty because that's not what the character is lol. Sturm, in particular sounds amazing and I can't wait for his reveal when it happens.

Also on this topic, it would seem that some elements from the Japanese version is making it's way to the game. This almost leads me to believe that there's going to be one, uniform design set for all the characters which is much needed IMO. Hopefully this carries over to the Japanese release (here's hoping this game releases there on time).

Last edited:

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5973-6666-0298
And the other part is Andy being voiced by Veronica Taylor. Imagine Andy sharing the same VA as the original Ash Ketchum
I remember someone on Twitter suggesting the possibility of Andy being the one narrating the game's trailer. But now that I think about it, it could actually be possible! Regardless of how good these leaks might sound, we should temper our expectations just in case.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, the whole voice acting thing seems a little weird to me. Why would they only hire voice actors just for a few lines? Unless there might be some cutscenes in the game. I also kind of don't believe that the online function hasn't been tested. But hey, I could be wrong about it, given Nintendo's approach to online in their games. (But this game is not being developed by Nintendo, so who knows).

Didn't Nintendo say that they were testing something new to improve their online with Monster Hunter?
Definitely some odd info in those sections. I get hiring people for partial voice acting, but I'd expect it'd be with people either Wayfoward or Nintendo is already working with - you can hire a VA and have them record for several hours, voicing multiple characters, potentially in multiple projects. Laura Bailey isn't even doing Lucina in more recent FE stuff; I'd be a bit shocked to see her back here.

The online not being tested would be scary. Nintendo has been improving lately, I think - Super Mario Party's (2 years late) update and Mario Golf both actually use the Switch's built-in "Invite Friend" feature that most games just ignore the existence of... I would hope this is at that caliber, at least.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I remember someone on Twitter suggesting the possibility of Andy being the one narrating the game's trailer. But now that I think about it, it could actually be possible! Regardless of how good these leaks might sound, we should temper our expectations just in case.
The voice from the E3 trailer doesn't sound anything like VT so I doubt that.

But yeah, we got to be skeptical until this is proven true. The Advance Wars portion of the Direct might feature it's voice acting so we might know pretty soon.
Definitely some odd info in those sections. I get hiring people for partial voice acting, but I'd expect it'd be with people either Wayfoward or Nintendo is already working with - you can hire a VA and have them record for several hours, voicing multiple characters, potentially in multiple projects. Laura Bailey isn't even doing Lucina in more recent FE stuff; I'd be a bit shocked to see her back here.

The online not being tested would be scary. Nintendo has been improving lately, I think - Super Mario Party's (2 years late) update and Mario Golf both actually use the Switch's built-in "Invite Friend" feature that most games just ignore the existence of... I would hope this is at that caliber, at least.
Yeah, the involvement of Mercer and Bailey really surprised me since those VA's are usually involved in bigger projects. If this is true, this could possibly point to the game's budget being higher than what we first thought. I haven't heard anything about cutscenes but I hope there's at least one or two in game, preferably more.

I agree with the online. I just want something that's functional enough and I won't have to rage at the lag in-game lol.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The voice from the E3 trailer doesn't sound anything like VT so I doubt that.

But yeah, we got to be skeptical until this is proven true. The Advance Wars portion of the Direct might feature it's voice acting so we might know pretty soon.

Yeah, the involvement of Mercer and Bailey really surprised me since those VA's are usually involved in bigger projects. If this is true, this could possibly point to the game's budget being higher than what we first thought. I haven't heard anything about cutscenes but I hope there's at least one or two in game, preferably more.

I agree with the online. I just want something that's functional enough and I won't have to rage at the lag in-game lol.
Laura Bailey is also part of Bloodrayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites, another Wayforward developed game and also not really what most would consider "AAA". Either Wayforward has a nice contract going with her or the leaker is just using recent developments as the basis for fake leaks.

Wouldn't lag not really be a big problem in a turn-based game? What you'd really need to worry about is the connection dropping altogether.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Laura Bailey is also part of Bloodrayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites, another Wayforward developed game and also not really what most would consider "AAA". Either Wayforward has a nice contract going with her or the leaker is just using recent developments as the basis for fake leaks.

Wouldn't lag not really be a big problem in a turn-based game? What you'd really need to worry about is the connection dropping altogether.
That could explain things. WayForward is based in California so I guess it's convenient for them since LA is a huge market for voice acting. That would explain how they could get those rumored names on board.

I'm just someone who hates lag altogether and it disturbs my train of thought (even more so when i'm trying to think strategically). Though yeah, disconnecting altogether is my bigger fear. Especially since my own Wi-Fi isn't so great haha.

amageish

Smash Master
I just remember that we are 5 days away from Advance Wars' 20th anniversary! If we get that rumored Nintendo Direct, Advance Wars HAS to be in it! I also hope Nintendo of America tweets about it. Is it safe to say they will?
Like, if AW is in the Direct, is it safe to say NoA would separately tweet about the news from the Direct, potentially acknowledging the anniversary at the same time?

Yeah, seems in-character for them. They enjoy using anniversaries to promote upcoming products.

Top Bottom