• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Optical Illusions

iankobe

Smash Lord
I once was looking at optical illusions online, and was looking at the classic spinning things when suddenly a friggin rat from hell popped up on the screen.

Put me off optical illusions for a while lol.

What do you see?

At first I only see the box in two walls. As I tried harder...I SEE another side of it!

For the witch and the lady one...its common.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
My math teacher showed me this one challenge. On the page there were words : red, blue, green, etc. There were about twenty words total. Except that the words were colored differently than the color they spelled, e.g., the word "yellow" was green. The trick was to read through the lines saying the color of the word, and not the word itself. Very difficult.

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
My math teacher showed me this one challenge. On the page there were words : red, blue, green, etc. There were about twenty words total. Except that the words were colored differently than the color they spelled, e.g., the word "yellow" was green. The trick was to read through the lines saying the color of the word, and not the word itself. Very difficult.
Ya, thats on the DS game Brain Age. If I recall correctly, its called a Stroop Test

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Yeah, I looked through one of his books awhile ago. The never ending stairs blew my mind.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
gee, maybe because it died and you just bumped it needlessly. The last comment was like 3 weeks ago.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Whoa all of these are cool. There are some videos on youtube that show a bunch of these.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Okay.
The dice on the left an the top right die are all on the ground.

The dice on the right are in a stack, and the 4th die from the bottom was cut at very precise angles so that it would look like the two background dice on the top are actually overlapping it.

crewster

Smash Lord
Here's a illusion that is on my maths (yes I said maths not math, I'm british get over it) class wall:

Dolente

Smash Cadet
Here's a illusion that is on my maths (yes I said maths not math, I'm british get over it) class wall:

This is one of many very famous lithgraphs by M.C. Escher, called "Ascending and Descending." I have it on the wall of my cubicle as well as on the wall of my office at home. Escher is my very favourite artist of the post-renaissance. A more well-known and fun optical illusion lithograph by him is "Relativity."

Top Bottom