• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

D

Deleted member

Golden Sun and Chrono Trigger are the nest RPGs/series I am considereing playing next. They look like a lot of fun
Funny thing about Golden Sun I only started playing it because I thought the grinch leak was real and well that didn't turn out how I expected or hoped. Haven't picked it up since but I probably will in the future.

D

Deleted member

Funny thing about Golden Sun I only started playing it because I thought the grinch leak was real and well that didn't turn out how I expected or hoped. Haven't picked it up since but I probably will in the future.
That's the same thing I was thinking about because of the Grinch leak lol. Hearing a lot about Isaac in the Smash speculation made me consider playing GS more

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

That's the same thing I was thinking about because of the Grinch leak lol. Hearing a lot about Isaac in the SMash speculation made me consider playing GS more
Not only that but I also 1) Drew all of those characters cause I thought they were gonna get in 2) Dressed up as Geno for a Halloween party cause of it and 3) Started playing Banjo-Kazooie cause of it. Ended up Kinda salty about the grinch leak being fake for awhile but at least it taught me to take Leaks with Heavy amounts of Caution cause if something sounds too good to be true it probably is XD

D

Deleted member

Not only that but I also 1) Drew all of those characters cause I thought they were gonna get in 2) Dressed up as Geno for a Halloween party cause of it and 3) Started playing Banjo-Kazooie cause of it. Ended up Kinda salty about the grinch leak being fake for awhile but at least it taught me to take Leaks with Heavy amounts of Caution cause if something sounds too good to be true it probably is XD
The Grinch leak being fake was one of the worst moments in the history of Smash speculation imo.

I'm taking leaks with as much salt as I put on my rice, quite a bit.

D

Deleted member

The Grinch leak being fake was one of the worst moments in the history of Smash speculation imo.

I'm taking leaks with as much salt as I put on my rice, Quite a bit.
Yep, So many fanbases got their hopes only for their hopes to be dashed. At least Inceniroar is a fun character and Banjo still has a chance as DLC. from now on and for the next Smash I'm gonna take leaks with so much salt it would rival the ocean in amount of Salt.

D

Deleted member

Yep, So many fanbases got their hopes only for their hopes to be dashed. At least Inceniroar is a fun character and Banjo still has a chance as DLC. from now on and for the next Smash I'm gonna take leaks with so much salt it would rival the ocean in amount of Salt.
Geno still has a chance at DLC too :D

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Dressed up as Geno for a Halloween party cause of it
I did the exact same thing (well, I only made the hat, because I have no artistic talent whatsoever), for the exact same reason.

D

Deleted member

I did the exact same thing (well, I only made the hat, because I have no artistic talent whatsoever), for the exact same reason.
I need to do this one time

He does have a chance, albeit a small chance it's still a chance non the less!
I still have hope!! And, if not wave 1, we could get him into (hopefully) a wave 2 with Operation Starfall, if it works! :)

D

Deleted member

lol, looks like a lot of people did things to celebrate the leak. Massive F.

I still have hope!! And, if not wave 1, we could get him into (hopefully) a wave 2 with Operation Starfall, if it works! :)
Indeed! it may not happen in wave one but if our Operatiom reach square's ears I have no doubt Sakurai would try and make Geno a misc DLC if they choose to approve!

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Just fyi, if you are around people that aren't into nerd stuff like I was (I was at work), be prepared for them to constantly ask if you're a bug, as they will mistake Geno's hair for antenna.

D

Deleted member

lol, looks like a lot of people did things to celebrate the leak. Massive F.

Indeed! it may not happen in wave one but if our Operatiom reach square's ears I have no doubt Sakurai would try and make Geno a misc DLC if they choose to approve!
Yes! Don't lose hope! If he doesn't get into wave 1, I didn't think his chances for a wave 2 would be good, but with OS, I am confident he will make, if not wave 1

Just fyi, if you are around people that aren't into nerd stuff like I was (I was at work), be prepared for them to constantly ask if you're a bug, as they will mistake Geno's hair for antenna.
How does Geno look like a bug and how does his hair look like an antenna!???

D

Deleted member

I don't think our donation is gonna be read. if It was they likely would've read it already, oh well at least the donation goes to a good place.

D

Deleted member

I don't think our donation is gonna be read. if It was they likely would've read it already, oh well at least the donation goes to a good place.
That's alright. We still donated, and that is what matters!

D

Deleted member

That's alright. We still donated, and that is what matters!
That's true it goes to a good charity and that's pretty cool, Would've been nice to raise more attention to our Operation but at least it gives us more time to think out our next steps past the Petition.

D

Deleted member

That's true it goes to a good charity and that's pretty cool, Would've been nice to raise more attention to our Operation but at least it gives us more time to think out our next steps past the Petition.
Yes.

Also, Smithy fight time. Awesome music. And all these jumps.

He beat him!

I'm sad we won't be able to see the credits. I look forward to the Culex fight though!

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Ok I have a question you know how Geno is a star controlling a doll? Well what if in the future they make a bad guy that controls a doll that is the Geno dolls villain? Let me explain. So what Im getting at is what if Geno (the doll) has his own story with different characters and one of thoses characters could be some kind of villain, if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah! it was very informative and entertaining watching this guy totally dominate the speedrun, his luck was incredible too.
Exactly. He cheesed it, and the jumps and the manipulation and luck....especially luck....it was amazing

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Holy crap that run was GODLIKE!

Also, SMRPG fans raised a crap ton of money. Good stuff guys. What is our next goal?

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
Was SMRPG actually a trending hashtag? If so we shouldn't have many problems with that. Our events were perfectly timed correctly so Operation Starfall appeared when you searched it.

We will only improve from here, the way I see it. If a Club Penguin raid can become mainstream, so can our demands lol. We just need enough people, and if this keeps up we will have enough people.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Sp, from what I hear, last night's run was pretty crazy. No Operation Starfall shutout's though, so that is kinda sad. But hey, I think all of this proved that there is still an audience for these characters.

Also, when should the goal's be updated again Ovaltine Ovaltine ? Considering how we have had two news articles written about us that are already technically out of date when it comes to info, updating it before that happens again would be a good idea.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Maybe now spreading OS more on social media. We should check with Ovaltine Ovaltine Ovaltine Ovaltine though
Sp, from what I hear, last night's run was pretty crazy. No Operation Starfall shutout's though, so that is kinda sad. But hey, I think all of this proved that there is still an audience for these characters.

Also, when should the goal's be updated again Ovaltine Ovaltine ? Considering how we have had two news articles written about us that are already technically out of date when it comes to info, updating it before that happens again would be a good idea.
I'll update those right now. Very good point there. I posted a possible revision yesterday that no one seemed to have qualms to, so I'll apply that immediately. As for our next goal, social media presence is definitely important. We already have a Twitter, but runners for a sub reddit and Facebook would be great. Pikacraft64 Pikacraft64 is also working on a site as we speak.

The donating last night was great, guys! Remember, even if OS was never cited on-stream, we donated to a good cause. Like I said, it was win-win. Your help was incredible.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Been away for a bit so catching up.

So if Mallow and Geno got into a Mario 2/USA style platformer how would they platform differently?

Mallow I see basically being similar to toad’s current versions with his low jump stat. But somewhere closer Luigi’s shaky physics to show he’s cloudlike (floaty) and clumsy.

Geno... I got no idea how he’d work.
Mallow could easily work like this - he can have a short jump, then do a second jump that separates himself like he does in SMRPG when casting a spell. Wherever his upper half lands, he poofs to there.

Geno could work via rockets out of his legs. He's semi slow, but instead of jumping he just rocket propels himself in a direction the player is pointing him and can keep picking up moment as long as he times his next "jump" just as he lands.

D

Deleted member

Going to play more Super Mario RPG.

The run yesterday was beautiful too

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Wow, it’s been a bit since I’ve been back in here. That SMRPG run at AGDQ was amazing! I donated in hopes of them reading my message about Operation Starfall, but it seems they didn’t read it. Ah well, it’s for charity anyways.

But woah, we got featured by news outlets! This is great guys! Not to mention SMRPG was trending on twitter, right? If that’s the case then our project would’ve been even more widespread during that time.

This is awesome guys, we’re doing great!

JuryRigging

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been as active as usual. Thanks for linking me @Zack E.

I enjoy the idea of an SMRPG revival, and I think it's something not outside the realm of possibility since Alphadream are still making M&L games. they also seem to be fresh out of new ideas so bringing this to their attention might help with that

On a somewhat related note, I was playing a romhack of Ocarina of Time only to find that the Lost Woods music was replaced with Beware the Forest Mushrooms, but in OoT's style! Link: https://soundcloud.com/sauraen/pbt-mushroom-woods

I thought it was really cool. The romhack is called Nimpize Adventure for anyone wondering, made by Ostrealava02. It's got a very different progression system and lot of nice surprises for those that have played regular OoT before, so I definitely recommend giving it a try. Warning, though, it's considerably harder than the original game and even Master Quest, and some of the puzzles are really esoteric so patience is required.

D

Deleted member

"Where....is....EVERYONE?"

Here. Everyone is here.

"YOU FOOLS!!"

Xigger

Smash Lord
So I haven't been reading every single post here, I have to ask: What is Operation Starfall currently doing? Are we still in a planning or advertising phase, or is there something going on?

D

Deleted member

Idk if this sounds weird but have you guys considered a large-scale art project? Typically big collab projects between a bunch of artists gets a lot of attention. I was thinking y'all could do like an SMRPG Zine or, and I know this sounds weird, but tarot cards/trading cards. Tarot/trading cards are easy to manage projects while still showing off each artists talent, though they are a bit more expensive to produce then a zine.

D

Deleted member

So I haven't been reading every single post here, I have to ask: What is Operation Starfall currently doing? Are we still in a planning or advertising phase, or is there something going on?
Ovaltine Ovaltine made this the new 2nd goal:

GOAL 2! Bring Geno and Mallow into Nintendo's mainstream again! This means featuring them in main Mario games (even if only as main RPG characters and not the 3D platformers), spinoffs (think Strikers, Party, Kart, Tennis, etc.), and even beyond! (For beyond, think of further Squeenix and Nintendo crossovers, as well as other, general Nintendo crossovers, none the least of which would be more representation in Smash Bros.!)

Top Bottom