• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oooo.... shiny

Maddness

Smash Rookie
I caught two shiny Solrocks.You can only find them one place so i think that increase your chances. I alos saw A shiny bagon once but killed it.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Sorry about the 4-month bump, but it is necissary!

SHINY FEEBAS FOR WIN!:) How much trading power does that give me for D/P?!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
You lucky jerk. I'd start cloning them in Emerald if I were you. I've been randomly trying to catch shinys every now and then when I'm bored, and I still haven't found another one. :mad: It's really just a time killer. I try to hatch eggs when I'm doing this too.

You can probably trade a pretty cool pokemon with that shiny Feebas, but dont expect anything too big. Action Replay and Gameshark have ruined it.

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
My Shinies:

Linoone
Linoone ( yes I have 2)
Persian
Nidorina
Exploud
Magikarp
Smeargle
Spinda

I remember about 3 years ago when was playing sapphire Wally found a shiny Ralts. I was soooo pissed.

len1

Smash Journeyman
in Emerald, know the Zigzagon you fight at the start? when marche fought it trying to get a Shiny mudkip the zigzagoon was a shiny

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
So far I've had:

Gold: Hoothoot

RSE: Dusclops, Shiftry

FRLG: Articuno, Clefable, Espeon

I'm proud of myself. But now my search is an addiction.... and I haven't had luck in sooo long.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I think I had one in GS but I don't remember. I had a pink Crobat in Ru/Sa but sadly I don't have it anymore.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
Poliwhirl and Gyarados (w00t!) in Silver
Took a long-*** time for a shiny in Sapphire, but one day I was fishing, and saw shiny Sharpedo...

Shinys like Sharpedo & Swampert where all they do is change the blue into purple irritates me...at least make it a better color which doesn't share similar color qualities as the original...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
What is a shiny pokemon, and how can you tell if they are or not?
A shiny pokemon is a pokemon that has different coloring than it normally should. Take Rayquaza for example. He's supposed to be green in the game, right?

Black.

Good luck trying to find one though. It's pretty darn hard. One out of 8000-ish wild pokemon encounters and egg hatches will result in a shiny.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
^^Not to mention you have to be pretty dedicated to resetting your game when it comes to getting legendaries. As for Lati@s, you pretty much have one chance since, they determine what its nature and colour are at the game's start.

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
Well, I THINK I saw a shining Quagsire in Silver. But I accidently killed it. :/ And it may not have even been shining. It looked Lime Green.

Otherwise, I have captured a Purple Wurmple in Emerald. I was trying to catch some filler Pokemon so that I could get my Surfing Pichu in Pokemon Box (I now have it! ^_^) and I caught it w/o even noticing, because after a while, I had the motions down so I could watch TV and catch Pokemon! Later on, I saw it, and was like " Crap, there went a dramatic moment." :/

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I had tremendous luck with shinies in Silver. I had goldeen, kadabra, tangela and vulpix.

But in Ruby and FR I haven't found anything at all... just this one time a red Heracross appeared in Safari Zone, I threw a rock and he escaped. -_-

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
why do you ask what a shiny pkmn is...shiny being the adjective and pokemon being the noun..its pretty easy to put two and two together.. =/

homsar

Smash Ace
I caught a shiny Spinda in Emerald and my sister caught a shiny meowth in Leaf Green and a Shiny Koffing (which she is now EV training) in Ruby.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm just interested to know if anyone would like some hacked shiny pokemon from 3rd gen once DP comes out. I have an AR so it wouldn't be too much trouble to get them.

Unless you guys are those people who hate hackers. :)

Lit

Smash Ace
trades

:) :) i just want to know when dp comes out in two days does anyone want to trade a darkrai for my lugia, or ho oh, or celbi i dont have hacked pokemon these are from tourneys and gamecube pokemon games... so any one want to trade it to me pm me and i will make it happen thanks :) ;) :laugh: :lick: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Top Bottom