• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Only 5 Playable Stages... (explained)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2L84U

Smash Journeyman
Tell me what's wrong with Castle Siege.
Do the fire balls in the background frighten you ??
I've seen no one as dumb as falling off the ledge when the stage reappears AND having their 2nd jump all the time.

My rank was Smash Child when I posted the first message. So he should have called me kid, newb or actually child...
regardless of what he said, I just love your sig... lol

I've been looking at the responses to this thread, and all I have to say is this.

EVERYBODY IN THIS FORUM IS TWELVE.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
There are only 5 playable stages in the game: Battle Field, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, and Yoshi’s Island. The rest have some gimmick that makes them almost unplayable.

The level editor is terrible. Its so minimal you wouldn't believe it. We tried to recreate a Melee style final destination, yet we could not even form basic geometric shaped pieces to make the level. It was disappointing.

I was amazed at how many good stages there were throughout subspace, though. Its very disappointing they aren't playable in regular brawls. Hopefully someone will be able to use an action replay to make them playable.

Battle Field: ok
Final Destination: ok
Delfino Plaza: walk off side during part of it
Luigi's Mansion: platforms that can't be passed through, causes the hyrule effect on a lower scale
Mushroomy Kingdom: walk off sides
Mario Circuit: cars and walk off sides
Rumble Falls: walk off sides, spikes and one nearly KOing spike
Bridge of Eldin: walk off sides and the bombs to a lesser extent
Wind Waker Stage: catapult and bombs
Norfair: lava
Frigate Orpheon: flipping will occasionally put some players under the stage
Yoshi's Island: ok
Battleship Halberd: some bombs and the claw
Lylat Cruise: ok
Pokemon Stadium 2: gravity lowers and everything becomes floaty on the the flying stage
Mt. Dengan Spear Pillar: Lower level causes the hyrule effect, also some attacks from pokemon
Port Town: cars and wall during part of it
Castle Siege: walk off side during part of it
Warioware: its warioware...
Pikmin Stage: walk off side, some pikmin monster, ramp to the left becomes terrible when it rains
Smashville: ok
New Pork City: too large and monster that walks around sometimes
The Summit: gravity lowers during part of the stage, and theres the fish
Skyworld: hyrule effect on the platforms that are impassable, and characters will fly through passable ones when they are hit
75m: poorly made overall
Classic Mario Bros stage: walk of sides and monsters
Flat Zone 2: walk of sides, and sprites that attack
Pictochat: most drawings just interfere with the fight
Electroplackton: upper left part makes it very easy to combo people up off the stage
Shadow Moses Island: walls and walk off edges
Green Hill Zone: walk off sides
HAHAHA OH WOW

What's your point?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
...I don't think that I've read a single intelligent post in this thread.

Gymclass_Hero

Smash Cadet
The responses in this are beautiful.

And the stage builder should have some use, it can re-create or create basic fair stages.

M.K

Level 55
Except for me! I'm 14! [/childish humor]

Anyways, this thread is completely irrelevant. I don't know why it has not been closed. Only time will tell which stages are playable and which are not.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Stop flaming this guy. He speaks the truth. I have the game and you idiots will realize those ARE the only 5 stages that are playable for competitive play. All the others one have gimmicks as explained. Even the melee ones.

The stage builder is really fun and good for making FUN stages and recreating ideas. Sure you can make a flat stage, but it wouldn't have an edge thanks to the crappy parts we have. So basically those will be the only 5 stages playable for tournies and such.

Micahc

Smash Ace
There are only 5 playable stages in the game: Battle Field, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, and Yoshi’s Island. The rest have some gimmick that makes them almost unplayable.

The level editor is terrible. Its so minimal you wouldn't believe it. We tried to recreate a Melee style final destination, yet we could not even form basic geometric shaped pieces to make the level. It was disappointing.

I was amazed at how many good stages there were throughout subspace, though. Its very disappointing they aren't playable in regular brawls. Hopefully someone will be able to use an action replay to make them playable.

Battle Field: ok
Final Destination: ok
Delfino Plaza: walk off side during part of it
Delfino has been shown to move pretty fast, so it's gonna be hard to get your opponent in a position to waveshine them off the edge. Oh wait...
Luigi's Mansion: platforms that can't be passed through, causes the hyrule effect on a lower scale
When have non pass through platforms been illegal? From the vids, I haven't seen much of a Hyrule effect, but I don't have the game so I might be wrong.
Mushroomy Kingdom: walk off sides
I thought people wanted to ban this cause of the motion of it.
Mario Circuit: cars and walk off sides
Cars never made Mute City banned, and walk off sides matter much less now.
Rumble Falls: walk off sides, spikes and one nearly KOing spike
Bridge of Eldin: walk off sides and the bombs to a lesser extent
Walk off sides matter much less now, or at least until people can waveshine, which the can't. Walk off sides where BANNED because of waveshining! If that was still in Brawl, I would agree.
Wind Waker Stage: catapult and bombs
Norfair: lava
Yeah, cause Brinstar was banned! Oh wait again...
Frigate Orpheon: flipping will occasionally put some players under the stage
Yoshi's Island: ok
Battleship Halberd: some bombs and the claw
Cause they are totally impossible to dodge!
Lylat Cruise: ok
Pokemon Stadium 2: gravity lowers and everything becomes floaty on the the flying stage
Mt. Dengan Spear Pillar: Lower level causes the hyrule effect, also some attacks from pokemon
Port Town: cars and wall during part of it
I doubt the wall lasts long enough to kill people, and the cars aren't that big of a deal! Mute city wasn't banned
Castle Siege: walk off side during part of it
Just part of it, and theres no reason to ban walk of edges yet.
Warioware: its warioware...
Pikmin Stage: walk off side, some pikmin monster, ramp to the left becomes terrible when it rains
Smashville: ok
New Pork City: too large and monster that walks around sometimes
The Summit: gravity lowers during part of the stage, and theres the fish
Skyworld: hyrule effect on the platforms that are impassable, and characters will fly through passable ones when they are hit
Hitting people through the platforms is called "strategy," not over powerdness, if your at a high enough damage that you get killed through a cloud, chances are you where at a high enough damage to killed by a whole lot more.
75m: poorly made overall
Say wha?
Classic Mario Bros stage: walk of sides and monsters
Flat Zone 2: walk of sides, and sprites that attack
Pictochat: most drawings just interfere with the fight
That doesn't mean that it should be banned
Electroplackton: upper left part makes it very easy to combo people up off the stage
Shadow Moses Island: walls and walk off edges
Green Hill Zone: walk off sides
If I didn't say anything, then I don't have an opinion because I don't know that stage well enough.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
you're all mostly 13 or 14.

and dumb.

I've been looking at the responses to this thread, and all I have to say is this.

EVERYBODY IN THIS FORUM IS TWELVE.
Except for me! I'm 14! [/childish humor]

Anyways, this thread is completely irrelevant. I don't know why it has not been closed. Only time will tell which stages are playable and which are not.
****it, how come when people act stupid, people assume that said "person acting stupid" is 12-14?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Some characters, I can't specify because I am ignorant on the subject, can easily just throw, chain-throw, or carry an opponent off the stage. Is this correct?
Yeah, King DDD has an easy chain throw, but I thought you could get out of it. And I guess he's not the only one then?

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Some characters, I can't specify because I am ignorant on the subject, can easily just throw, chain-throw, or carry an opponent off the stage. Is this correct?
That sounds right.

Anyway, this thread is just another case of JUMPING THE BLOODY GUN.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Stop flaming this guy. He speaks the truth. I have the game and you idiots will realize those ARE the only 5 stages that are playable for competitive play. All the others one have gimmicks as explained. Even the melee ones.

The stage builder is really fun and good for making FUN stages and recreating ideas. Sure you can make a flat stage, but it wouldn't have an edge thanks to the crappy parts we have. So basically those will be the only 5 stages playable for tournies and such.
OK, we'll stop flaming him... AND START FLAMING YOU!!!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Man, my post is the most intelligent post in this thread, and it was just asking XIF how he was doing...

that says something about this thread

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
I hate Smashville.... it looks so ugly...
Quoted for truth.

And, this thread is dumb. Plus, bannig stages is dumb. If you can't avoid certain obstacles on some stages, then you clearly suck. :dizzy:

And gimmics are bad for every character playing. It just makes it a little bit more relying on luck. Which... makes it more fun. I would make a point on how competitive players are dumb, but I'm not gonna bother.

gamer8

Smash Lord
By "walking over edges" he means when the stage changes, like in castle siege for example, when you reach the dungeon, it's a small platform, but if you're on the far left or right of the screen, you'll end up away from the platform, and if you already used your recovery... you're dead... but who cares?

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
That's gotta be the most stuck-up, snobby tourneyfaq statement I've ever heard on these forums.
You sir, should be ashamed.
Play the game as it's meant to be played: in its entirety.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
No no no, wrong wrong wrong.
No, no, no, right right right.

I'm sick of some of the stuck-up competitive whiners who refuse to play Brawl as it is because of NO WAVEDASHING GIMMICKY STAGES LINK WAS NERF'D GAMEPLAY IS SLOW LULULUL.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
No, no, no, right right right.

I'm sick of some of the stuck-up competitive whiners who refuse to play Brawl as it is because of NO WAVEDASHING GIMMICKY STAGES LINK WAS NERF'D GAMEPLAY IS SLOW LULULUL.

It's absolutely ridiculous.
Then don't worry about it.

And where in the original post did you see that he wasn't going to play Brawl?

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Oh I see. You want 40+ stages shaped like

Sounds fun.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
walk off sides arent a problem in brawl. they were in melee because of wave shining which isnt in brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom