• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Yoshi Ditto Tournament!!!

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
So far I've only faced bigman, lol. But I've got some matches arranged with people this weekend, and tonight I might be able to get a match in.

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
meta dude, burnstock, and bwett have YET to register my brawl code. Do i please when you get a chance also im up for challenges.

Mmac i want my rematches D:

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Hey can anyone record some of the matches and upload them please? I missed the deadline for entering but I still want to see what's going on ^_^

Chaco

Never Logs In
Mmac it seems like people come back for another piece of you...we should be able to finish up tomorrow. What times will you be on?

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's on BigMan! jk But i gotta finish him---err up with him. Oh BigMan could you tell I needed to work on anything besides not SDing by accident?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay...I might be able to play soon or we can wait until tomorrow.

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
Chaco if youre on we should dance :D ill write your code down
write mine as well and we can probably do this tonight

bigman40

Smash Master
It's on BigMan! jk But i gotta finish him---err up with him. Oh BigMan could you tell I needed to work on anything besides not SDing by accident?
You can make your approach different every once in a while. It became painfully obvious that a dash atk and Bair (kiwikomix does this a little too) were going to come. You have more options than just those. Empty SHs for mindgames, SH Nair, Eggs to grab, dash grab, Dair, and some who are still learning DR, you have the melee style- rush in, DR back and counter.

Idk what to say about ppl who use tap jump, but I guess you recover high for your reasons.

DownB spam is not something that should be incorporated, at ALL. I see too many players do this, and it's easy to punish the lag after Yoshi lands. It's fine if it's used sparingly to get someone off guard (which catches me off guard sometimes), but after doing it about twice in the air, you're going to get punished easily. Keep DownB on the ground and as a surprise atk. When it's not used many times, you have a good kill move at your disposal, and it can screw over shield grabbers.

That's pretty much my thoughts. As you can see, it's to other people that I've played as well. I know that alot of people want to improve their Yoshi game. So, it's not bad to at least ask what to change in their game here.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Gah Mmac, I led the whole dang time and you beat me at the end. Excellent matches. =D

EDIT: Yeah, I understand that BigMan.

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
Dark leviath89 I just got you too im on now if anyone is looking for some trouble /gg
bigman 40 im geting you too.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Dark leviath89 I just got you too im on now if anyone is looking for some trouble /gg
I'mma need your code.

EDIT: And I have to say MMac, those matches are to close for comfort. We're really evenly matched. =D

Chaco

Never Logs In
Good Games Chaco. I really gotta look out for those Ground DownB's <_<
lol. Yeah, they kill. Pun intended. What gets me is that were soo close to end it like that.

Carouselambra

Smash Rookie
just a thought...

based on the results of this tourney, would it be possible to create a ladder? especially since not all yoshi mainers had a chance to play it would be more accurate and up to date.

agree, disagree?

Carouselambra

Smash Rookie
this is a good point. in that case we could just do a top 20 or something, and you have to enter/challenge in the bottom 5 if unranked.

D

Deleted member

I can play today so aim me if u wanna play =) Im a bit rusty after 2 weeks

D

Deleted member

Im playin a friend, can u go on aim and ill tell u when?

D

Deleted member

Actually ill play a lil later. GGs kiwi. 1-0 im on a roll xD

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh you don't want to play me now. Oh well I was bored.

Top Bottom