• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

online pet peeves

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The things I hate the most are switchers, stop ****ing switching and let me beat your ***. How can I have time to learn how they play if they keep switching? If they're better than me, which is very rare. And then people who roll like hell or just stands around waiting or shooting projectiles. A lot of cowards online, hate that. I'd rather lose than be an annoying coward playing like an *******.

And of course all sorts of lag, and when the controls don't listen. Or when I just mess up and the player thinks he's better than me. Otherwise, no problem.
I'm a switcher 'cause I play For Glory for fun. I just love messing around even if I'm in last place 10 times in a row - I think that happened yesterday.

I'm also that guy who stands around or shoots projectiles far away. One, lag is an issue, so I wait or dodge around until the lag stops or gets somewhat better. Also, I might stand around if I charged a Smash and realized nobody there and I know there's going to be end lag, so why not charge it all the way? I don't condone charging Quick Draw, Charge Beam, or other stuff like that and just waiting - I had a match where an Ike did that and it was annoying along with a Robin who spammed Thoron. Two, countering and defensive play has always been a viable strategy; sometimes it more defensive-offensive, offensive-defensive, or outright defensive in whatever game. Projectiles, well, I'm far, safe, and everyone's ignoring me, so why not pelt stuff at them and provoke them?

Anyway... Spamming. I hate spamming. I met a lot of Bowsers who did nothing, but spam Side Smashes and Bowser Bombs. It's predictable, but hard to punish when two other guys wants to kill everyone.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I'm a switcher 'cause I play For Glory for fun. I just love messing around even if I'm in last place 10 times in a row - I think that happened yesterday.

I'm also that guy who stands around or shoots projectiles far away. One, lag is an issue, so I wait or dodge around until the lag stops or gets somewhat better. Also, I might stand around if I charged a Smash and realized nobody there and I know there's going to be end lag, so why not charge it all the way? I don't condone charging Quick Draw, Charge Beam, or other stuff like that and just waiting - I had a match where an Ike did that and it was annoying along with a Robin who spammed Thoron. Two, countering and defensive play has always been a viable strategy; sometimes it more defensive-offensive, offensive-defensive, or outright defensive in whatever game. Projectiles, well, I'm far, safe, and everyone's ignoring me, so why not pelt stuff at them and provoke them?

Anyway... Spamming. I hate spamming. I met a lot of Bowsers who did nothing, but spam Side Smashes and Bowser Bombs. It's predictable, but hard to punish when two other guys wants to kill everyone.
I hope I never play you then...

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
-Lil Mac abundance in FG
-Rosalina and Sheik players being near rampant and extremely hard to handle because of the flat stages...
-LAG...LAG....oh, did I forget to mention the LAG?

supercoolmayo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-5095-7782
Played the same person 24 straight times, and i kept winning decisively dude just never quit.
Playing a really good player, and after one match they drop out. How am I supposed to get better
Is it bad that I use the lag to my advantage?
Too many players use little mac, guess they don't know about his bad recovery.
Roselina I hate her.

Kekezo

Smash Cadet
I've got a new one.

:4lucario:

I hate this character with a burning passion now. Literally every single Lucario I've ever played against so far (a lot) does nearly the exact same thing. Once they realize that they can't fight me, they start running to the side of the stage opposite me and spamming aura sphere. Usually they're at some 100+%, too. They can also spam force palm and/or counter if I don't get hit by any of their aura spheres while approaching. If by some means I can knock them off the stage, they come right back unless they die before they get the chance to do anything (which doesn't happen often because Lucario seems to not be very light). It drags out the match in the most boring, annoying, and unfun way possible, and they often end up winning because I get hit by an aura sphere or so while trying to reach them.
I wouldn't be this salty about it if it wasn't so common, but I run into at least a couple during each session I play. The worst thing is that it's incredibly effective, and if they beat me once they just start spamming Lucario and repeating the same tactics.

Last edited:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
The lag would be horrible from the US to Sweden. I would definitely be waiting around. :laugh:
We don't know that... I almost never gets lag. You should get better internet. If it lags it's not my fault, cause I got 100mbit/s.

Carluben

Smash Rookie
There are 2 characters that are the most annoying things to play against: Counter-spam Ike, and stalling Palutena. Shtick gets old quick.

Carluben

Smash Rookie
I've got a new one.

I hate this character with a burning passion now. Literally every single Lucario I've ever played against so far (a lot) does nearly the exact same thing. Once they realize that they can't fight me, they start running to the side of the stage opposite me and spamming aura sphere. Usually they're at some 100+%, too. They can also spam force palm and/or counter if I don't get hit by any of their aura spheres while approaching. If by some means I can knock them off the stage, they come right back unless they die before they get the chance to do anything (which doesn't happen often because Lucario seems to not be very light). It drags out the match in the most boring, annoying, and unfun way possible, and they often end up winning because I get hit by an aura sphere or so while trying to reach them.
I wouldn't be this salty about it if it wasn't so common, but I run into at least a couple during each session I play. The worst thing is that it's incredibly effective, and if they beat me once they just start spamming Lucario and repeating the same tactics.
It sounds like Mario's side special shuts that down hard.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
We don't know that... I almost never gets lag. You should get better internet. If it lags it's not my fault, cause I got 100mbit/s.
I live in the US where the industry wants us to use dial-up or charge extreme rates for like 2 mbit/s. Can I move to where you live? I heard Sweden is a great place to live.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I've got a new one.

I must find these players, show them what a real lucario player looks like and destroy them, I keep hearing about this kind of thing so much its becoming my next pet peeve.

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
Hmm..let's see..
People who spam projectiles
People who spam counter (basically every :4lucina: that I've encountered)
People who roll/run away/stall, especially if they're just dragging the timer
People who just spam a single attack (ex. :4darkpit:'s Electroshock)
And people who taunt literally every single time you get launched even slightly

Last edited:

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Found out another one of my pet peeves... and I decided it should be shown in video form, albeit blurry and wth Guiles Theme.

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
Sonics who charge their fsmash from the other side of the stage expecting me to just run into it
and when they finally do end up getting a kill they taunt 3 times

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I live in the US where the industry wants us to use dial-up or charge extreme rates for like 2 mbit/s. Can I move to where you live? I heard Sweden is a great place to live.
WTF? Yeah sure come on over. It is a great country in comparison but I don't love it.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
I've got a new one.

I dont get this. I hear this complaint about Lucario all the time. i rarely face lucarios, but the 2-3 i have faced played the same way i do - brute force into your face and chaotically attacking. I never spam the sphere because until i got like 100 damage it doesnt do jack anyway and its deathly obvious, and even then i usually only use it as an anti-recovery or part of a combo.
And i often forget to use counter, since i feel his counter is the weakest of them all :p

i can tell by the way my opponents react when i charge into them that they expect me to be camping. They panic. I would much rather UpB into your face than spam spheres.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
  • When one person plays only one match against me in For Glory, and decide to leave straight after. Regardless whether they win or lose, it just irks me that either they think I'm not skilled enough to fight 'em, or that they wanna find someone weaker than me to fight. I only leave after one match if the lag between us is intolerable to go through again.
  • Little Mac on FD stages. It took me a while before I realised how much of an advantage they have on a flat stage. I faced one earlier today that completely floored me, that I couldn't seem to get one second to prepare fighting back. Bah. >_>

Woods

Smash Rookie
NNID
WoodyN
3DS FC
5112-4110-2215
People who roll way to much. It should be nurfed in this game, from what i can recall in brawl isn't there like some frames where you couldn't do anything at all and be attacked?
Also little macs i have trouble defending since im used to yoshi's shield taking a bit longer to shield attacks
(sorry for my horrible English)

Woods

Smash Rookie
NNID
WoodyN
3DS FC
5112-4110-2215
  • When one person plays only one match against me in For Glory, and decide to leave straight after. Regardless whether they win or lose, it just irks me that either they think I'm not skilled enough to fight 'em, or that they wanna find someone weaker than me to fight. I only leave after one match if the lag between us is intolerable to go through again.
  • Little Mac on FD stages. It took me a while before I realised how much of an advantage they have on a flat stage. I faced one earlier today that completely floored me, that I couldn't seem to get one second to prepare fighting back. Bah. >_>
THAT. I HATE THAT SO MUCH.

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
NEW ONE.

getting cut off from a Match WHEN IM ABOUT TO WIN!!!! you'd think doesnt happen alot huh?.... 25 times
to quote something someone else earlier... online is worse than brawl. for fun and any 4 player match is unplayable 90% of the time

Found out another one of my pet peeves... and I decided it should be shown in video form, albeit blurry and wth Guiles Theme.

someone had a rough day.....

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
People who taunt if I accidentally SD. Even more irksome if I've been stomping them the entire time; I mean you literally would not have gotten me off that stage if I didn't slip up with the dodgy circle pad.

• When one person plays only one match against me in For Glory, and decide to leave straight after.
Yeah I don't really appreciate that either. I mean for all I know, they could have had a good reason to leave and I try to keep that in mind, but it still kind of bothers me slightly. If I won, maybe you should fight me again to improve or have another shot. If you won, maybe I want to fight you again to get better. Oh well, I ain't a mind reader, I don't know why he/she had to leave :)

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
i leave after 1 game if the game was laggy or you proved to me youre a cheesehead not a legitimate player (link arrow spamming, bowser suicide kills, robin keep-away games).
Also i know Robin is a projectile character. Theres a difference between camping and running away. I have had many timeout games against a Robin that didnt even try to fight me except to even the stocks if i managed to catch them. Thats not fun at all since its EIGHT MINUTES of grueling boredom chasing your butt around.
Faced a mirror match Lucario just now, but it was just way too jumpy so i left afterwords. Saddens me because thats a mirror thats actually pretty damn funny lol even with the lag we did a ton of combos at the exact same time, both missing so we just went off into the air doing our combo lol (landing and doing a downtilt away from each other somehow at the same exact time....lol)

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Everyone's finding a legion of Little Macs but me lol.

Anyway I only have one pet peeve and it's players who decide in the middle of the match to not take the fight seriously so they'll get all cocky and start using really basic and casual strategies, I've won quite a few matches against guys who had the potential to beat me just cause, I dunno they wanted to prove some kind of point.

Yuritails

Smash Cadet
My pet peeves are Little Mac users and their forward tilt, Bowser suicides, and the lag. While I barely have a problem with lag, the match becomes a power point when there is lag.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
The lag. I tried playing with a friend, and the lag was so bad it was virtually unplayable. Hopefully It'll get fixed.
From what I understand a good chunk of the lag is from peoples connection. It could be you or your friend that has a "eh" quality connection. But I won't deny that its annoying.

Last edited:

Mister the Wizard

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7432-3401
I hate Lag, newb little mac's (don't mind actual little mac mains but just people who switch to him), anyone who spams counters because this game is rife with them, and what I like to call "rollers"

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
Worst thing to happen is when the game lags in the middle of following up on the edges. Messes up my timing so much and I leave my opponent a free entry back on the stage.

That and for some reason, Gordo Toss is super glitchy when playing online, there are times the gordo will stop in midair for no reason or end up under Dedede. Don't know if this is a common problem but it's annoying, but partially hilarious.

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
I've got a new one.

Amen...

Top Bottom