• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

online pet peeves

the8thark

Smash Lord
For the most part, the lag in this game hasn't been as bad as I've been anticipating. I mean, it's nowhere near GGPO, or something, but it's serviceable.

Actually, another pet peeve is going from playing Japanese players to Western players. It seems near all of the Japanese players I've played always do a form of salute by throwing out a taunt at the beginning of the match. After 10 rounds of that action, switching back to dudes who rush in when you absent-mindedly taunt is a shock.

Thanks, regional play!
That's the Smash Bros version of bowing to your opponent before you fight them. That is a very Japanese thing to do. To respect your opponent. Western players have less respect and just rush in fast fast. But that's in all games though, most western players love to rush rush in all games.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I just dislike when me and the same person are playing and having a good time and then there's a disconnect. That and playing against anyone who seems to play robotically. You know, like they have no soul and aren't actually trying to improve or enjoy the game.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Sonics whose only form of movement is Spindash and Roll.
I blame that on ignorance. Sonic's got some great breakdancing moves in Sonic Battle, but the only Smash game to have that is Project M...the fans know of it, apparently the smash dev teams does not... and that's a shame.

ladyceleste94

Smash Rookie
(I'm new here 0w0')

-Lag

-People who spam the same moves/projectiles- i.e. Link's bombs/arrows/boomerang, Villager's rockets, Samus's neutral B, (I played against a guy today who kept spamming Pikachu's up B), Little Mac's/Lucina's counter, Wario's bike *internal screaming*

-Roll spamming

-Most Little Mac, Diddy Kong, Pikachu, and Link players.

I had a Diddy Kong player that kept spamming jetpacks and monkey flip. I put an end to his spamming bull**** as Mario.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Players who after losing to you twice will pick your character out of rage and then still lose. Sometimes spamming taunt after the lose a stock and are way behind. Then they drop. Pretty common actually so I have usually just give every person in For Glory a best 2/3 and then I drop.
Lmao that has happened to me a few times i beat this person like 10 times he kept switching characters everytime untill he ditto'd me
Wanna know what happened?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The imput lag.
:4falcon: and :4ness: spammers.
:4littlemac: scrubs (only the good ones are worth fighting).
Those who roll uncontrollably.
Projectile spammers (as a :4link: main, they're making a bad name for him).
Players who ditto me with the same character I used to whoop their asses.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon.

Captain ****ing Falcon, man.

He's the new "braindead" character. All I see this character do is dash attack, dash grab, mash jab to cover an unsafe move being shielded, and d-throw to up-air. This living meme is the kind of character 8 year olds play; he's ****ing everywhere.

I seriously wish he was still his brawl self. I'm not even kidding. This character gets away with so much **** online.

**** captain falcon.

And yeah, I'm really ****ing salty right now. Just lost to a falcon who did nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING but dash grab and throw me off stage, just so he could NOT attempt to follow up, NOT attempt to gimp me, and not attempt to KO me. Just dash grab until I die. I'm going to break my 3DS if this continues.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon.

Captain ****ing Falcon, man.

He's the new "braindead" character. All I see this character do is dash attack, dash grab, mash jab to cover an unsafe move being shielded, and d-throw to up-air. This living meme is the kind of character 8 year olds play; he's ****ing everywhere.

I seriously wish he was still his brawl self. I'm not even kidding. This character gets away with so much **** online.

**** captain falcon.

And yeah, I'm really ****ing salty right now. Just lost to a falcon who did nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING but dash grab and throw me off stage, just so he could NOT attempt to follow up, NOT attempt to gimp me, and not attempt to KO me. Just dash grab until I die. I'm going to break my 3DS if this continues.
I know what you mean..i proberly have it the worse because i main ganon so when i beat some1 they always switch to falcon...it happens like all the time no matter who it is...its like every1 just wants to do the Ganon vs Falcon matchup...it is very difficult if they are good...but i know exzactly what you are talking about....run and grab so fast...and then FSmash out of no where...he can be extremely fustrating..
Here is a match i had a while ago that was really epic though.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
When those dumb----- try to ditto you like they are that good as Kirby! I lost once, dude. This does not mean you're better than me as my main.
The bunch of DLC mains is also bothering me. Come on, there are 52 characters in this game! Show me your moves, man.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I hate fighting :4sonic: with a burning passion. I say 95% of Sonics on For Glory do nothing but spin dashes and/or spam taunts all of the time (I don't think I have ever fought a Sonic that has not mashed their taunt button to death when they KO'ed me). I usually don't have too much of a problem beating them but they can still be incredibly annoying.

Just yesterday I fought this really annoying one that literally did nothing but spin dashes. I was doing alright but during the last minute when he was about to die, he kept stalling by rolling/spin dashing to the other side of the stage. Sudden Death starts and he manages to KO me. He then changes his name to "SonicRules" or something like that as if winning a SD took skill, so I just changed my name to "LOL" and left (yes I was salty but I also didn't feel like going through 5 minutes of that again).

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
What really grinds my gears is taunting and teabagging. It's like a premature pop-off. It's not over till the screen says GAME!

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
Sudden lag spikes, but input delay, by far.

Last Stock SDs. The player pretty much pulls a Cartman and gives up. (If there's awful lag, then I wouldn't blame them.)

Pretty much every Link / Toon Link, Ness, Samus, etc. spammer. Gettin' real sick of your bait n' switch junk, ya old farts. Power Shield / Reflect / Counter / Super Armor 101... (Never a Jolt Haymaker, cause... *coughs*) It's just a practice session now.

The lack of Decent Macs. Even before the patches, I don't think anyone has played him efficiently...with the exception of a few I've seen on Youtube. Many of em are already kicked offstage or-......Ohh. *sees a shooting star*

As a Falcon main, I can agree with the earlier posts that he's getting too...overused and repetitive. Most of 'em play like scrubs with usual Dash, D-Throw and Up Air. I love Falcon montages as much as the next guy, but these dudes need a lot more moves to show than this, I mean really... Perhaps playing some F-Zero X will be a fresh can of Pepsi as I get my mind off the thought.

Top Bottom