• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online chatter helps create a new world order

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
My mum was reading the newspaper today and was like come look at this.

Web talk
_______

Net words heading to the dictionary

Tweet - the act of posting on social networking site Twitter

Noob/n00b - a new person, or a "newbie"

Hashtag - a hash symbol added to a word to let twitter users search for similar tweets

Pwnd - to be owned

Buzzkill - a verb, to ruin someone's excitement, or buzz. Also a noun - one who ruins/kills buzz

Unfriend - to remove someone from a friend list on a social networking site

Cant believe these are actually being added to the dictionary =P. Now we can use them n English assignments :). Discuss.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Since when is Noob a new word?.

God**** mainstream media is ********.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
i dont understand how they can put n00b in the dictionary. D: I mean, its got numbers in the middle of it ><, how does that count as a word?

Splice

Smash Hero
Pwnd doesn't belong in the dictionary. Is that like the first example of a 'wnd' conjunction ever?

Also Tweet and Hashtag being so specific to twitter makes me angry. Have they got Cougar in the dictionary for that old woman thing lol...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
My mum was reading the newspaper today and was like come look at this.

Web talk
_______

Net words heading to the dictionary

Tweet - the act of posting on social networking site Twitter

Noob/n00b - a new person, or a "newbie"

Hashtag - a hash symbol added to a word to let twitter users search for similar tweets

Pwnd - to be owned

Buzzkill - a verb, to ruin someone's excitement, or buzz. Also a noun - one who ruins/kills buzz

Unfriend - to remove someone from a friend list on a social networking site

Cant believe these are actually being added to the dictionary =P. Now we can use them n English assignments :). Discuss.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7pCW0bd-gH0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7pCW0bd-gH0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sieg

Smash Champion
That's because you're silly and all that English that you learned back in school has been for NAUGHT.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I heard some black people saying Dettoil on the train today.

God they were ****ing annoying.

Top Bottom