• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Brawl Character Discussion

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
There are things called...

OoS options
Roll
And btw, you can shield and Re-Shield

:/

Wow, now take that and add in Blaster and Bair spam.
What you got?
@Lucas: Lag. No, not online lag. The lag from attacks. Wolf cannot magically shoot lazers / bair right after using a Fsmash/Dsmash before a person can jump.

@Jimmy: You're doing it hella wrong.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I hear that, but it normally sucks in lag(Online) and i can't pull OoS Aerials worth anything >_<
Which is why i'm so prone to spam.

Kupo Rose

I hear that, but it normally sucks in lag(Online)and i can't pull OoS Aerials worth anything >_<
Get better.

No really, I mean it.

If you're still gonna complain about the lag then you're wasting your time to try and even bother playing competitively if the lag sucks that bad. Find a closer person or get a better connection, or even better, join an offline tournament/smashfest.

You still gotta take into account that the other player spamming Wolf's attacks will (most likely) feel the lag too. So now that both people are lagging, what makes you think that Wolf can still turn around and Bair or jump and use his blaster before the other player reacts just by, say... Jumping? And if it's because you're playing a crappy character that have no options against it then don't blame the other person for spamming a useful move. Go counter him and pick DDD/Pikachu.

Oh and btw (iirc) DI towards Wolf when he Fsmashes, you'll take less the hits. Don't quote me on this part though.

Sorry if I sounded harsh.

Because spamming online is the way to win.

d -__-
A laggy brawl is the battle of the C sticks.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Get better.

No really, I mean it.

If you're still gonna complain about the lag then you're wasting your time to try and even bother playing competitively if the lag sucks that bad. Find a closer person or get a better connection, or even better, join an offline tournament/smashfest.

You still gotta take into account that the other player spamming Wolf's attacks will (most likely) feel the lag too. So now that both people are lagging, what makes you think that Wolf can still turn around and Bair or jump and use his blaster before the other player reacts just by, say... Jumping? And if it's because you're playing a crappy character that have no options against it then don't blame the other person for spamming a useful move. Go counter him and pick DDD/Pikachu.

Oh and btw (iirc) DI towards Wolf when he Fsmashes, you'll take less the hits. Don't quote me on this part though.

Sorry if I sounded harsh.
I don't think you get it.
I keep stating that i'm looking to quit online when i can, obviously if i have to keep complaining about lag, i'm not used to it.
Wifi for me is just something that's getting me ready to get on offline action, since i barely know people i can meet in my region at the current time.
If i really complained on lag so much, i'd be offline playing against CPUs, all day every day.
I really don't know what you mean by "Get better", when i'm about as good as i can get, and when i say lag, i mean it's potentially enough lag to throw me off my normal play style, in which i can't play normally of course.
And sorry if i didn't know Fsmash and Dsmash with Wolf were ok to spam, like, seriously .___.
So if i want to get better at beating them, what do i do, spam smashes myself?
I don't play like that anymore, and if i have to take up a routine like that again, i may not be back on here for some time.

I'm not mad, i'm just annoyed at people that think they know what is happening, i guess i'm just not used to anything that goes on over wifi, and no, i don't just mean lag.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Offline>Online
This guy gets my game plan.

Edit: Kupo, i swear you're hating me for the lag johns in almost every game, so instead i'll only comment on the lag if my opponent does, fair?
Again, I'm just not used to connections of online, since i used to spend all of my time offline.

Kupo Rose

I don't think you get it.
I keep stating that i'm looking to quit online when i can, obviously if i have to keep complaining about lag, i'm not used to it.
Wifi for me is just something that's getting me ready to get on offline action, since i barely know people i can meet in my region at the current time.
If i really complained on lag so much, i'd be offline playing against CPUs, all day every day.
^^^^^^^^
This.
Wolf's Fsmash and Dsmash are already whack, and that's what i see used every time against 95% of the Wolves i play, save for on (Looks at Sumer)
Broken range Fsmash.
Spammable, Powerful Dsmash.
Nuff2say.

I hope you don't mean MK is awesome over Wifi, PLEASE tell me you mean something less exaggerant.
I shield it, and i RARELY am able to shieldgrab it, especially Dsmash.
Fsmash is longest ranged in the game so get @ mah.:088:
Wow, now take that and add in Blaster and Bair spam.
What you got?
I hear that, but it normally sucks in lag(Online) and i can't pull OoS Aerials worth anything >_<
I was reading them^^^, I never saw anything that said "I'm quitting wifi when I can" (unless it was like pages ago).

And hey, you made a thread about it, got all those +1's at Hoshi's I'm frowning on wifi boohoo thread aaannndd posting here talking about how Zelda and Wolf are such wifi abusers. I can only assume that you complain about lag a lot.

I really don't know what you mean by "Get better", when i'm about as good as i can get, and when i say lag, i mean it's potentially enough lag to throw me off my normal play style, in which i can't play normally of course.
You're not. Are you telling me you can now always successfully predict what your opponent is gonna do next? There is still room for improvement (yes, even on wifi) from what I've seen in your replays.

If you're trying to get better online, you see if you can be good at predicting your opponents. Don't bother trying to practice spacing online since that's what screws you up.

And sorry if i didn't know Fsmash and Dsmash with Wolf were ok to spam, like, seriously .___.
Super Smash Bros. Play to win.

So if i want to get better at beating them, what do i do, spam smashes myself?[/COLOR][/B]
No, without me copy/pasting what I said earlier. You get better by knowing/predicting what they're gonna do next and punish him for it. If you can't cause it's too laggy then get the hell out of that there and play a more non-laggier person.

I'm not mad, i'm just annoyed at people that think they know what is happening, i guess i'm just not used to anything that goes on over wifi, and no, i don't just mean lag.
Didn't understand this part :/

Edit: Kupo, i swear you're hating me for the lag johns in almost every game, so instead i'll only comment on the lag if my opponent does, fair?
Again, I'm just not used to connections of online, since i used to spend all of my time offline.
I'm not. I was like that towards Dinah too when he used to complain about lag/wifi.
Now it's Aibou :/

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm too bored to re-quote everything, so my answers are in Bold Yellow

I was reading them^^^, I never saw anything that said "I'm quitting wifi when I can" (unless it was like pages ago).

And hey, you made a thread about it, got all those +1's at Hoshi's I'm frowning on wifi boohoo thread aaannndd posting here talking about how Zelda and Wolf are such wifi abusers. I can only assume that you complain about lag a lot.
Yes, back then when i first started online, i created a thread for it because i wan't very used to online lag(Read the title, tell me i wasn't newb)

You're not. Are you telling me you can now always successfully predict what your opponent is gonna do next? There is still room for improvement (yes, even on wifi) from what I've seen in your replays.

If you're trying to get better online, you see if you can be good at predicting your opponents. Don't bother trying to practice spacing online since that's what screws you up.
Yes i am as good as i will ever get, i'm not saying that i can predict everything, i'm just saying i will never get any better as to being the best something in my region.
Nonetheless, i don't expect to get any better by this whole chat.

Super Smash Bros. Play to win.

Truthat.

No, without me copy/pasting what I said earlier. You get better by knowing/predicting what they're gonna do next and punish him for it. If you can't cause it's too laggy then get the hell out of that there and play a more non-laggier person.
This i understand, but again, i tend to drop out of a lag filled match and be called a quitter.
Rings a bell to some of the people i normally lose against.

Didn't understand this part :/
I can see why lol.

I'm not. I was like that towards Dinah too when he used to complain about lag/wifi.
Now it's Aibou :/

I don't complain about lag in every match, as i only play for fun, and i only come out that there was lag when i win from the lag, or gain some benefit.
Heck, i john for the people i play, even when i win.
If i lose, no worry, it's on me, and i don't think that them complaining when they lose is very suffice:ohwell:

Kupo Rose

I'm too bored to re-quote everything, so my answers are in Bold Yellow

Yes, back then when i first started online, i created a thread for it because i wan't very used to online lag(Read the title, tell me i wasn't newb)
What about now? (serious question)

Yes i am as good as i will ever get, i'm not saying that i can predict everything, i'm just saying i will never get any better as to being the best something in my region.
Nonetheless, i don't expect to get any better by this whole chat.
You keep making me repeat myself. No you're not. You can improve. Keep practicing. Do what I told you earlier.

I'm gonna use Dinah as an example (lol sorry Dinah). He thought he reached his peak, but then he went to an offline tournament (h0b0) and did really well against some (notable) players. Now he's practicing and improving much much more.

And this whole chat was started 'cause I was bored saw some really odd posts about Wolf.

I don't complain about lag in every match, as i only play for fun,
Good to know.

and i only come out that there was lag when i win from the lag, or gain some benefit.
What?

Heck, i john for the people i play, even when i win. If i lose, no worry, it's on me, and i don't think that them complaining when they lose is very suffice
@first part, how nice of you.

@last part (blue): What?

Don't really know why you bothered with some of the quotes here :/ since I started going on about how to overcome Wolf and overcome that lag.

And respond by VM/PM. I don't want +1's.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So today, i used Wolf.
I USED WOLF -_____-
I did basically nothing but Lasers from afar, Fsmash, Dsmash, and occasional Bairs and gimps.
With those alone, i won every match.
What does this say?
Wolf is good over wifi?

@Kupo:Kyouwiniguess.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Really sorry about that yesterday Kofu:urg:
But Jimmy gets where i'm getting.
If i apply what i see other Wolf players do in a real match and win from that, it basically proves my point.:ohwell:
Again, sorry about yesterday, i just had to prove something.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
That sort of spam is hard to deal with online, but the fact that even when I managed to approach I would fall for the EXACT SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN shows how much I need to improve.

I'm not really mad though, if it's working then it's working (even if it is Wi-fi).

And I did beat it once, even if it was sort of a fail win, with Pokémon Trainer.
Who I don't use all that much. :p

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
lolyup, use Squirtle Utilt lock on Wolf though, that's where PT ***** in the MU :p
But you can see how easy it is fall for the same thing over and over again is hard to avoid over wifi.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
No, it's the smashes that annoy me most and that I wasn't able to get around them.
Which I should have by about the 5th match.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hey!
Someone else gets it!
Go back about 2 pages on Wolf's Smash attacks, and join the club ^.^

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
All ya gotta do is F-smash and D-smash and your good to go as (wifi) Wolf >__>
You can add in a bair here and there OH! and a few blasters!
Congrats! You've mastered Wolf!
Have a nice day! :D

/sarcasm

People need to learn how to side-b cancel....

Aibou

Smash Master
It's a shame what wifi does to Wolf though, because he's actually incredibly fun to play imo. But wifi makes him a spammy mofo (cry2)

BSP

Smash Legend
C spyker, where exactly does shielding Wolf's Dsmash get you? You're right about the blaster and fsmash, but for Bair and Dsmash, unless you are mario, Marth, or anyone with a great OOS option, shielding won't do you much.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Correction: Kirby is top Queer :bee:
Outbests MK.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Weegee isn't gay, he's just a wannabe Pansie.
One day he's using Dash-Attack to rack then BAM, SHORIYOKEN:luigi2:

milistisia2

Smash Apprentice
i didn't read this entire thread... but i personally dont think any characters are unbalanced online. my only thought would be diddy kong with his bananas but i dont think that is even significant

BSP

Smash Legend
OK...but it doesn't really do much to help you stop the spam either. I guess not taking damage is a pro too though.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What Jimmy said.
Too true, i hate it because i get it a lot >_>

Top Bottom