• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ONE STOCK! The Ultimate Survival Tournament! OUT OF CHEESE ERROR! REDO FROM START!

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
@ Ugg, again, and anyone else who may bring up the same subject:

I have to say, while I want as many participants as I can get, I'll have to restrict random as a selection. Either not have it at all, or whoever random gives you in the first round is who you use for the entire tourney. It's nothing personal, just I'm naturally very suspicious and there is no outright way of proving a player chose random online, and I do prefer the idea of having a single character the whole way for this tourney, making your single selection more important. If you were already intending on doing this, great, and sorry for wasting your time by posting this.
I just hope this doesn't cause you to lose interest, as I would love to have the last person to run this format in my version.

EDIT: Added this ruling in the basic rules of the OP.

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
Trying to get this noticed again... We were doing so well. If the people who simply failed to rearrange their entries to fit the rules actually do so, it would be almost full.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Again, you have to pick just one character. You can have either Marth or Falco, but have to keep that one the whole way.

You're already in, but I think I have to alter your Brawl name. Also, you initially signed up as ZSS. Do you want to switch to Yoshi?
Fixed. I apologize.

Sovrcat

Smash Cadet
sounds AWESOME

brawl wifi matches = SOV

user name on here is Sovrcat
main is going to be meta knight

FC is 1848-3593-6917

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
Okay. Arora's dropping out has been recorded, and Sovrcat took the slot (#11) in the sign-ups, saving a lot of trouble in moving everyone up one spot.

And the 999 idea is funny, but sadly the handicap peaks at 300, so a sudden death tourney is the best I could do.

Still need only three more.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'll join lol
Might as well help fill this up.

DTP/.__./3995-8553-8766/:peach:

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
Congratulations, Breakline, you got the last spot! I'll be working on the brackets and details of standings today, so it should be up by the end of the day!

And just as a reminder, when the matches start, BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR DAMAGE AT THE END OF THE MATCH WHEN YOU POST RESULTS! Also any recovery you want to use. I know this is all in the OP, but I just want to make sure everyone knows.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
What if we forget what damage we were at? D=

Also, am I able to switch characters?
If I am then I'd like to try Wario this time around :)

:warioc:

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
What if we forget what damage we were at? D=

Also, am I able to switch characters?
If I am then I'd like to try Wario this time around :)

:warioc:
Unfortunately, you'll have to do your best to remember and post it as soon as possible. You can ask if your opponent remembers, if it comes to it.

Also, you can change characters anytime BEFORE THE TOURNEY STARTS! If you want to go Wario, I'll allow it, but you'll have to keep him the whole way.

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
You mean what move we used to help ourselves when we get knocked off the cliff?
I assume you're referring to my talking about recoveries. In which case, I'm referring to a rule of this tourney that, being a carryover damage tourney, you can recover some of your damage after each round, but you have to state it when you post the results of your match. That's why there is also a "Recovery: 50" now next to every entry in the standings post. For more detail, look in the "twist" section in the OP.

If this isn't what you're talking about, please elaborate your last post.

EDIT to avoid double-posting: Characters have been changed as I have been informed. Any other changes must be made before the tourney starts! And remember: You have to keep the same character the whole tourney!

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah it was pretty brutal :p

I posed more of a challenge in some friendlies afterwards, had to get into my groove.

:034:

DarkAura

Smash Lord
Hero of Banthum, whenever your ready.. preferably a weekend if not then ill try for a weekday

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Sovrcat, rspond to my PM D:<
I know you're online! Don't try and avoid meh!

:mad:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
okay, sorry but I have to drop out. I don't have brawl anymore lol. Or a Wii. xD

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
I hope I don't have to fill the spot at moment's notice, given how long it took to get enough people to even start the tourney...

But, while a little disappointing, things like this can't be helped. And unless the loss was intentional, I hope you get Brawl and a Wii again soon so as you can play in other tournies in the future. If it was intentional, the I say "Why?! Why would you do that?!"

DarkestLink

Smash Rookie
Hey jumpman9793 I added you, I go as DLink. Set up a time for us to brawl k? Keep in mind that I live in the west coast and cant be on until 4 on weekdays because of school, and weekends are unpredictable (though I am usually free during this time)

Top Bottom