• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh wow, you guys hear Kuma's new voice in the anime? I really like it, very unexpected yet fitting. It's in ep 367, by the way. Great ep.

Señor L

Smash Rookie
I hate the fact Jump trusted 4kids to do the English/Spanish Dub. It made me cry inside. Now the Funimation bought it, they might have to re-dub it all.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
All right, time for some speculation :)

Personally, I think Aokiji is biding his time to become the new supreme commander. Much like Smoker, he believes in justice but has realized most "absolute justice" isn't justice at all. It seems of the three admirals he is by far the most lenient in those regards. Akainu seems to be the opposite since he killed hundreds of innocent civilians to make sure no scholars got on board the ship leaving O'Hara and Kizaru seems to be the balance between them. Aokiji has defied Sengoku before (lying about O'Hara) yet was promoted - I bet that has something to do with Garp - despite it. I think while he is in no way a pirate, he understands that the Marines can be just as cruel and violent and needs to stay at the top to slowly cut it back.

And on another side note, Rayleigh is something else: stopping Kizaru out of no where. That old man still has quite a bit of fight in him :)

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Kizaru is a little uncomfortable fighting Rayleigh: I think that just shows how unbelievably strong that old man is (the bartender wasn't lying when she said he was 100 times as strong as all of them. And Kuma teleported Zoro away from the fight? Intriguing.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Man, Kuma isn't what he appeared to be: he openly defied an Admiral and helped the Mugiwara escape. However, I don't know how they'll get the Thousand Sunny back.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Man, Kuma isn't what he appeared to be: he openly defied an Admiral and helped the Mugiwara escape. However, I don't know how they'll get the Thousand Sunny back.
Lots of speculation in this post:

I am interested to see what happens next week. There's obviously no chance the manga ends this early, or like that. Kuma still hasn't shown his real ability though; the two times he's shown to do anything to the SH's is when they've already gotten the crap beaten out of them. I wonder what was said to Rayleigh

Kuma said he'd be endangering his position by doing this. What could he have meant? His status as a Shichibukai appears to be the most likely scenario, and Sentoumaru said anyone bounced by his paws will fly for 3 days & 3 nights [time it takes to coat the ship.] I get the feeling he got everyone away from Kizaru. Rayleigh's the only person shown so far who can fight a Logia, though I'm sure all of the top-tier OP characters can do that as well.

Perhaps Oda will go back to Law and Kid's fight with PX-whatever. I wonder how they did against the Pacifista they had to fight. The SH's barely beat one.

From what's been shown in the manga so far, losing Shichibukai status isn't very easy.
Out of the two beaten, Crocodile's the only one who's been stripped of that rank (due to the Alabasta incident)

drcossack

Smash Ace
It's up. Yay, development of Shichibukai's role:

Kizaru: What exactly are you up to, Kuma?
Kuma: We have no obligation to cooperate with the Marines save where the government is directly involved. I will not answer your question.

Guess they're somewhat loyal to the WG, not the Marines.

The spoilers had me wondering whether Kuma was as loyal to the WG as he appeared to be. I guess he is. OMG, can't wait for next week.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
My reaction to 513:

This chapter was too awesome. One of my favourites in a long while. Seriously, seeing Luffy screaming and crying at his crew to "Run away!" for the entire chapter was just crazy.

And then when Nami vanished...holy crap. "LUFFY!" "NAMI!" "HELP...me..." And they have their arms extended to eachother. Wow ;_;

Of course, that last page of Luffy absolutely breaking down was really sad as well...and those last few lines were just too good.

As for next week, I think I could say with confidence that I've never been more excited for a new chapter of One Piece. I'm 99% sure that Oda isn't going to reveal where the Straw Hats are next week. We're probably going to get some Whitebeard/Ace stuff. Which is awesome :)

As for what Kuma whispered to Raliegh...I really don't have a clue. I was kinda thinking that some very high up people were coming to where Kuma is, which is why he sent the Straw Hats away. Kuma saying "We will not be seeing one another again" is his way of saying that there's a good chance that he won't survive the coming battle.

Stupid I know, but it's just a theory...

OH GOD NEXT WEEK HURRY UP.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Chapter's up

Surprisingly, this week's chapter was better than I thought.

Another aspect of Kuma's power is revealed. I guess he's ultimately responsible for the person's destination (which gets marked by his paw print), but since they might have some say in it, he asks first. I kinda figured nobody would get sent back to the Sunny. That'd just be stupid on Kuma's part.

Best quote of the chapter is Page 18

It won't come off. It just stretches.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
New Spoiler for 517!

Apparently Boa Hancock and her sisters killed a Gorgon, thus being cursed (roundabouts) with the ability to turn people to stone with eyes they developed ont heir backs. So I guess she has a "Love" fruit and an extraneous ability. Pretty cool. Also, Luffy falls into the pool she's bathing in.

Personally, I think Luffy is a huge counter for her: he's too stupid to be seduced, which takes care of her most powerful attribute (in my opinion).

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Oh, disappointing, I thought you media metrops were actually talking about one piece bathing suits.

I should have known better.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
New chapter out. Man I Can't believe luffy
has haoushoku hak
i. I still laughed hard when hebihime looked down on him too much again.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I have a feeling that it's the key to defeating logias. We new Rayleigh has it and he damaged Kizaru, who should have let every attack go through him. I think this may be Luffy's way to get at Smoker when they meet up again.

Also, I cannot wait for him to kick Hancock's ***. That chick needs to get rifled and big time.

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
Awesome chapter, I really liked the emotion and the art seems even better than usual (To me a tleast). I am a supporter of Margaret joining Luffy's crew...So I hope that happens. :)

I really want to see how Hancock fights physically. Should be interesting.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It used the cover pages as its fillers? i think it would.
It used the Buggy cover pages as one of its fillers along with some of the Coby cover pages as well. They were a little boring in my opinion; I actually don't mind One Piece fillers as much.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
It used the Buggy cover pages as one of its fillers along with some of the Coby cover pages as well. They were a little boring in my opinion; I actually don't mind One Piece fillers as much.
yea my friend said that he didn't mind the OP fillers as well.
I didn't know they already did that cover page/filler already because im only able to read the manga. since 90% of my internet activity comes from my wii =/.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Some of the fillers are all right (especially compared to most other fillers), but I don't think they're too great: most of the powers seem like they were the table scraps of Oda's imagination.

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
Hm... I assume y'all are talking about the manga. All I knew was that one Piece was an anime. Makes sense it's a manga, though. One Piece is the only Shonnen Jump anime I actually started watching regularly. I normally shy away from animes 'cause the english kids' ones suck and they always drag things out way too long.

The only reason I even watched One Piece was because it came on Fox's Saturday morning cartoons, which was when I watched my Ninja Turtles regularly (I like Ninja Turtles, sue me). I was rather intruiged by Luffy and the whole concept of the show, so I kept staying tuned for it after the Turtles. Unfortunately, 4Kids (I hate them so much for so many reasons) stopped airing them, and I haven't seen a minute of it since. Is it still continuing, or has it ended by now?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Hm... I assume y'all are talking about the manga. All I knew was that one Piece was an anime. Makes sense it's a manga, though. One Piece is the only Shonnen Jump anime I actually started watching regularly. I normally shy away from animes 'cause the english kids' ones suck and they always drag things out way too long.

The only reason I even watched One Piece was because it came on Fox's Saturday morning cartoons, which was when I watched my Ninja Turtles regularly (I like Ninja Turtles, sue me). I was rather intruiged by Luffy and the whole concept of the show, so I kept staying tuned for it after the Turtles. Unfortunately, 4Kids (I hate them so much for so many reasons) stopped airing them, and I haven't seen a minute of it since. Is it still continuing, or has it ended by now?
it has not ended but if you do want to get back into it i suggests you start from 1 again Manga or anime.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Some of the fillers are all right (especially compared to most other fillers), but I don't think they're too great: most of the powers seem like they were the table scraps of Oda's imagination.
So very true. Couldn't have said it better myself. The filler arcs were a tad bit bland, but some of it was actually funny.

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
I actually meant the, uh, cartoon. I realize that the manga's still going. Comic books tend to last a while. I don't really have access to a wealth of mangas, so.... Mhm.

By the way, I think I should mention that my English professor is big into animes. Today, we talked about Tom Sawyer, and he mentioned that Luffy from One Piece is today's Tom Sawyer, and Zolo (that's his name, right?) is today's Huckleberry Finn.

I can see how One Piece may resemble Tom Sawyer. After all, Luffy is a carefree boy who wears a straw hat, and he shirks the civil life for a life of fun and adventure. That's probably about as far as it goes... I don't really think there's an equivalent to Huck Finn.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I actually meant the, uh, cartoon. I realize that the manga's still going. Comic books tend to last a while. I don't really have access to a wealth of mangas, so.... Mhm.
The cartoon is still going in America. It's being dubbed by Funimation.

Today, we talked about Tom Sawyer, and he mentioned that Luffy from One Piece is today's Tom Sawyer.
Sounds like quite a stretch to me, but I guess you could look at it that way.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
New spoilers are out!

I wonder what the mark ont heir back is. I think it has to be some sort of symbol from his childhood: where else could he have seen it before? And the fact that Boa shed a tear at his help leads me to believe there may be a connection between the two. I don't think they are mother/son...but if they were that would be absolutely ridiculous.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

By the way, I think I should mention that my English professor is big into animes. Today, we talked about Tom Sawyer, and he mentioned that Luffy from One Piece is today's Tom Sawyer, and Zolo (that's his name, right?) is today's Huckleberry Finn.

I can see how One Piece may resemble Tom Sawyer. After all, Luffy is a carefree boy who wears a straw hat, and he shirks the civil life for a life of fun and adventure. That's probably about as far as it goes... I don't really think there's an equivalent to Huck Finn.
mangashare.come bleach7.come online manga reading sights. i dont have the wealth for mangas myself. i only by the monthly jump which is 5$ at my gamestop and 2$ at a card store in nyc CTOWN.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
New spoilers are out!

I wonder what the mark ont heir back is. I think it has to be some sort of symbol from his childhood: where else could he have seen it before? And the fact that Boa shed a tear at his help leads me to believe there may be a connection between the two. I don't think they are mother/son...but if they were that would be absolutely ridiculous.
i would read it but i dont wanna! i like the surprise.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
New spoilers are out!

Well what I think is:

The mark on their backs is the Whitebeard pirates symbol. It would explain why Boa doesn't want to go to war with WB, and Luffy has seen the mark before. Boa shed a tear because someone did something considerate for her not because of her beauty, but out of the kindness in their heart. Boa normally just charms people into do things for her, which is why she was touched when Luffy did it out of sheer generosity.

Top Bottom