• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One and only one newcomer

Nahric

Smash Rookie
You get to pick one and only one character of your hearts desire to be in the roster of Smash Switch. Who will you pick and why?

D

Deleted member

Isaac because earthbending and Golden Sun music.

KatKit

Smash Lord
What is a man to a king? What is a king to a god? What is a god to a nonbeliever? What is a nonbeliever to a... trendsetter!

If she gets in, that's all I'll ever need. Why? Let's see:

First party character? Check. From a relatively new and successful franchise? Yep. Is the face of said franchise?
Yessir. Originally from a handheld era that was glossed over (as far as playable reps are concerned)? Indeed. She's highly unique, unexpected, and criminally underrated.

Last edited:

Nahric

Smash Rookie
What is a man to a king? What is a king to a god? What is a god to a nonbeliever? What is a nonbeliever to a... trendsetter!

If she gets in, that's all I'll ever need. Why? Let's see:

First party character? Check. From a relatively new and successful franchise? Yep. Is the face of said franchise?
Yessir. Originally from a handheld era that was glossed over (as far as playable reps are concerned)? Indeed. She's highly unique, unexpected, and criminally underrated.
Haha, alright alright, that's where I draw the line.

KatKit

Smash Lord
If Smash has taught me anything, it's to expect nearly everything (Nintendo related). She's legit. I honestly can't list ALL of those reasons for a lot of other characters I'd like to see.

If she makes it in, and she definitely has a chance, I'm going to be one of the lucky few who called it.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Just let a man have Crash Bandicoot and he can die happy.

That man is me.

D

Deleted member

I'm going with Bomberman every time. I'd buy Smash for Switch on launch date if that happened.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
For sheer personality, Zeke from Xenoblade 2. For actual fighting potential, Geno from SMRPG.

Last edited:
Feeling selfish: Viridi
Feeling generous: Ridley

Viridi is my most wanted, but im the only one who cares for her. Ridley is my third most wanted, but he has a huge fanbase.

Would probably pick Ridley just to improve the community forever. One less thing to argue about.
:061:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Viridi would be awesome, TBH. I lowkey forgot about her since I was content with Palutena, but she'd be a great new KI character.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Having a hard time picking between banjo & kazooie & crash bandicoot or a selfish FE character no one else wants (probably Felicia).

Going to go with Banjo & Kazooie though.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
If it's purely for me: Isaac, without a moment's hesitation

If it's for everyone: Ridley, because he far more than any other character deserves to have been playable by now

EDIT: Also worth saying that, prior to yesterday's trailer, I would have probably picked Inkling as the most deserving character, but thankfully for Ridley, that's not really a concern now is it?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I know the game is to choose the one I want, but the logical part of me just screams "If we get one, we already got it in the Inklings."

Personally, I would bring in the Pokemon Trainer of my dreams. Which works nothing like the one we saw in Smash Brawl.

If it's for everyone: Ridley, because he far more than any other character deserves to have been playable by now
I mean... Toad is probably above Ridley, in my eyes (not personally, just as far as most recognizable and iconic characters).

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I mean... Toad is probably above Ridley, in my eyes (not personally, just as far as most recognizable and iconic characters).
I guess my tiebreaker in the matter is perceived viability: Ridley is a through-and-through fighter, regardless of his size, while Toad just...isn't, at least not to me. Love the guy, but I'm pretty content leaving him as a Peach special.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I guess my tiebreaker in the matter is perceived viability: Ridley is a through-and-through fighter, regardless of his size, while Toad just...isn't, at least not to me. Love the guy, but I'm pretty content leaving him as a Peach special.
In Lore, sure. But as far as the actual games are concerned, we have had many times to play as Toad fighting the bad guy. Not just in karts and sports and Parties, but in Mario games, spinoff games (hello Wood!), and even his own series' now.

Going back to lore, Toad is more likely to jump into a fight than Luigi.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
If Inklings are considered already in, then Chibi-robo. He'd have a cool moveset and maybe the new attention will help him get a new game. One that isn't Zip Lash.
And if inklings aren't considered in then inklings because I love them.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Selfishly: Toad
Unselfishly: Toad. A lot of the guys I've made friends with here want him too, soooo...

It's always Toad. I haven't had this username since 2001 because I thought he was a forgettable character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Takamaru, because that is one character I wanted in Smash more than anyone else. Yes, even King K Rool.

Not to mention we still lack true Japanese swordsmanship in Smash. None of the Fire Emblem characters comes close to that.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Selfishly: Fawful.... I’ll be honest at this point I just think if they voice him it would be amazing. “I have fury” could be a taunt!

Nonselfishly: Mike Jones. Cause Startropics rules. And some may say he still is in th selfish bracket. Those of you are wrong, because increasing the potential for a Startropics 3 is the most unselfish thing I can do ever.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Selfishly: Toad
Unselfishly: Toad. A lot of the guys I've made friends with here want him too, soooo...

It's always Toad. I haven't had this username since 2001 because I thought he was a forgettable character.
Hello again! Hope Toad makes it in. He is probably the top Nintendo icon yet to make it.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This thread should be shut down, it’s been confirmed that the Inklings are newcomers. :awesome:
In all seriousness, if I could have only one it’d be Takamaru. Most retro/NES era characters would satisfy me, but Takamaru has so much gameplay potential that he pretty much eclipses everyone else. OK, not everyone else, but, like, someone else, right?

Also a BOTW-style Murasame Castle remake and fries thank you

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Wario Land Wario.

Not really a newcomer, but he'd have an entirely different moveset. So technically I can have him and an actual newcomer.

In which case, I'd put in Earthworm Jim.

Last edited:

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Do they haaave to be realistic? Because if not, I'm taking Utsuho Reiuji from Touhou every day.

If not, I'm thinking Travis Touchdown.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
K. Rool is like two games overdue and he might've been neglected for a while but it'd be really nice for DK to get a 3rd rep with so much moveset potential. Of the Nintendo villains not in Smash he's just the right combination of realistic and entertaining.

If I'm going into complete nonsense-land of characters who would never, ever get in but I would like more than any sort of sensible rep, give me Albedo Piazolla from Xenosaga or Georg Weissmann from Trails in the Sky, but neither of those are ever happening.

D

Deleted member

I'd pick Grovyle in a heartbeat.

Explorers of Sky is my favorite game of all time, and Grovyle really stuck with me. Plus he'd be unique given his grass typing, dig, and the assortment of items the game has to offer. Sadly, he has no chance.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Geno

Just let him escape from square-enix's jail already.
I want sakurai to take the key from square-enix and finally let Geno live again.
If this happens we could finally see the other SMRPG characters comes back to life again which is a wish that would finally be granted after 22 years of waiting.

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
My number 1 character I want to see is Chris Redfield from Resident Evil. He could be a powerhouse when it comes to melee attacks and have his special moves focus on explosive projectiles. Kinda like Snake, I guess!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Who else?

*points to avatar*

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Rayman is my number 1 character I want to see in smash ultimate I wont need Smash 6 Rayman will complete my roster.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Extremely selfish choice: Blastoise

More generous choice: Geno

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Personally, Impa.

But King K Rool is long overdue and extremely popular, so I’ll go with him

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Isaac from Golden Sun because that way we get an amazing potential moveset, we get some of Motoi Sakuraba's greatest music in Smash and we shine exposure on a dormant IP that needs a new game

Top Bottom