• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Once you've gone Koopa, you'll never go back

Wombat-Slayer

Smash Cadet
I find that the more I play Bowser, the less I can do well with others. This wasn't the case with other mains, and more and more I see my ability to win increase as I use Bowser (odd right, he being so poor a character?) but my versatility decrease.

I use to main Snake, MK, and Samus, but not just Bowser. Any other Bowser mains feel the same?

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely, he doesn't play like anyone else. I'm total crap with anyone but Bowser.

Not that that's bad, who needs anything but an angry spiky dragon turtle villain.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is my best character. I have the most fun with him and he's the only character I want to be great with.

I don't care for tiers or what character wins tourney's I just want to play my Bowser. :D

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My path is slightly different. I love Bowser, and I enjoy playing as him. When I kept on losing to projectile spammers and other noobish players, I felt like a failuare. I had to pick up on Pit quickly to knock off the projectile spammers with reflectors. I really hate you Pikachu, Fox and Falco... I mean it.
However, I still got Bowser, which will throw anyone off. You dont see many players use both Pit and Bowser. I just cant stop using Bowser. I first saw him when I was 6, and I still love him, and his personality. He is just a very fun char to use, with the Bowsercide of course, and I could never drop him. Bowser's just too good to let down. Plus it's fun to beat ppl with a low tier char.

Wombat-Slayer

Smash Cadet
My path is slightly different. I love Bowser, and I enjoy playing as him. When I kept on losing to projectile spammers and other noobish players, I felt like a failuare. I had to pick up on Pit quickly to knock off the projectile spammers with reflectors. I really hate you Pikachu, Fox and Falco... I mean it.
However, I still got Bowser, which will throw anyone off. You dont see many players use both Pit and Bowser. I just cant stop using Bowser. I first saw him when I was 6, and I still love him, and his personality. He is just a very fun char to use, with the Bowsercide of course, and I could never drop him. Bowser's just too good to let down. Plus it's fun to beat ppl with a low tier char.
My room mate is a Pit projectile spamming jerk. So after all this time of our playing together, projectile spamming doesn't affect me. With projectiles, short hopping, jumping, and fair are your best friends. Even a short hop-Dair will work great. Just never give them distance :]. Always play offensively

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I deal with projectile spammers all the time and I'll keep dealing with them. Once you know Bowser and the tactics most players use with certain characters (suck as Pit) you force yourself to get around it.

Its all apart of being good with your character. When I brawl a Pit I get my perfect shielding ready because I know I'm going to be using it. I just make sure I fake out my opponent by doing moves that I don't intend to hit so that I can put him in a spot that I can use a move I know will hit.

Once you've played one Pit you've played them all (imo) Only difference is they're some that are tougher then others due to them not being foolish enough to fall for certain tricks or they're just better at spamming arrows.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
True.
Bowser just like....makes you happy when you play as him.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
I recently decided to pick up Bowser as my main. I mained him in melee and I think he's even better in brawl.

Bowser is just so fun to play as, and since not many people play him it is funny to bring out Bowser against someone who has never played one before.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I can't play any other character other then Bowser!

I was thinking of picking up Wolf but then it'll be kinda pointless making Bowser my main main (since Wolf is a better character)

Plus I'm bad *** with Bowser so why bother ;)

Shade487z

Smash Cadet
Woohoo! My first smashboards post ever!

Anyways, Bowser's my new main and I've never been better with anyone, but I still use Wolf when the need arrives.

But I see your point...unless I practice with them a whole lot, I can't use another character except Bowser without sucking big time.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Bowser is main since melee and it's always fun playing as him. He is the coolest character in brawl (no..it's not snake)!

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
IMO, Bowser is really fun to play. I don't main him, but occasionally I'll pick him in friendlies because he's that fun to play. It's also really satisfying when you manage to land a F-Smash or a Bowsercide. (:

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I tend to only use Bowser for Bowsercide.
It's way too fun and you get the best reactions from people. And who doesn't love Sudden Death?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
yea I know what you mean, I used to main Kirby way back when I played SBB64, but as soon as I realized that Kirby sucked in Melee I decided to try out Bowser since he was always "underestimated" by my friends and being called "slow" and such which ultimatly made me want to master him and eventually I because so good that I almost don't play with any others, ocassionally I'll play as Sonic or Snake but that's about it.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Bah, playing Bowser is like being part of a club. A very prestigious club. A members-only club. However, I keep my practice up with other characters. Mario and Jigglypuff really helped my Bowser. The timing on my Nair is near perfect, and the spacing they taught me helped me tremendously. That said, I used to main Ness. Was a hard transfer, considering they have so little alike, but some tactics that hold true to Ness DO work with Bowser. I hardly ever miss a grab with Bowser after getting used to the distance Ness took. Not to mention, Ness reminded me that my Bair can KILL.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
i started maining bowser right when i got brawl i never had melee so hadnt played as him before and his playing style was so much fun and he was so powerful that iv mained him ever since it is really satisfying when u score an awesome KO with bowser i guess u could say bowser completes me :D

Top Bottom