• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On vertical spacing, bubbles & the second-most-punishing character (European Social)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I've been hearing Agon was kinda sloppy in its schedule. German tournaments seem to have scheduling issues (BiB being an exception, I don't count nightly events as poor scheduling). Why? Why do you guys rent a venue for the whole weekend and still manage to not finish before 3 AM?

- Pools of 8-10 being normal in Germany.
- Events never starting in time.
- Hosts hesitant to actually DQ people who are clearly not in time for their matches.

Those are really the main factors. The sad thing about events not starting in time is that because of this (and events finishing late) people will not get up at the designated time for a morning event because hell, if you get up you'll just end up waiting for 2 hours until something happens. Results in the TO having to gather everyone individually which costs even more time.

Why?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I did feel at the two German events I attended that the copious amount of time acted as a crutch to be able to start things late. Realistically people should not be forced to play tournament matches past 12 AM.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Let's throw some activity (aka trashtalk) around here. Death Alex is top 5 EU. Do you guys agree or you'll wait for Final Destination?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It wouldn't surprise me either. Then again, if we take Ramin, Glut, Leon, cyve and Lp as EU's top 5 Alex would still have to prove himself better than quiK, Deimos and other players around that level before. I don't think it can ever be "proven".

:059:

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
He's the best player of Spain, hasn't lost a tourney for over a year now. He mains Metaknight

Here are some of his matches from the tournament we had last weekend. Sadly Leon couldn't take his flight so we missed that match :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lunHNcemtGU vs Neath (3rd match is amazing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmY8lDpKJRU&feature=plcp vs Rydle (MK dittos, first match total destruction)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34KP1kduv7w vs Rydle (Snake) GF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8-Gke9YyGk&feature=plcp vs Me
(when we have a bit more up I'll do the video thread)

@Gheb: Results wise I think Cyve, Quik, Leon, Ramin and Gluto are the top 5 atm, I'm just really curious to see what he's capable to do vs them.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I did beat him at the last NST when I had to play him in bracket.

then again , I guess he wasn't as good as he is now

Mr-R

Smash Champion
you beating anyone doesn't really tell anything about how the other person is...
maybe it doesn't but I was replying to marcbri who said ''Results wise I think Cyve, Quik, Leon, Ramin and Gluto are the top 5 atm, I'm just really curious to see what he's capable to do vs them. ''

Susi

Smash Apprentice
Finnish smash scene on Twitter @SSBBFIN

There is a tournament starting now. Singles tomorrow. Swedish and Finnish players. Active mobile tweeting!

:phone:

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Yeah, but other regions did have social boards etc. I'm pretty sure the only thing we effectively lost over other regional boards is the competitive subforum, which IMO wasn't active enough to have its own room anymore.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
^ Pretty much, Apex gave hype to most of our community and we may get more events because of this and hopefully quite some representation at FD.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
BiB5 is almost confirmed. We only have to rent the location.

http://forum.germansmash.de/showthread.php?19908-V5-Vinal-5howdown-9-11-August-2013-4-80

This time the name will be something else, it will be VINAL 5HOWDOWN, because its most likely my last event. (At least for ~2 years)
And other than BiB3 which was a tournament-spam event, this time there will only be 3 tournaments.
An SWF thread will be there soon.

Can we haz Hype =D ?

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Looks interesting but is this 80 ppl max? reading german smashboards it might be but I don't quite understand it lulz.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Meh, we talked to the guy of the location as we wanted to book it, but its not available on that date :(

I will try to find a new date, somewhere in August / early september maybe :3

I will do my best to make it happen and not cancel it >________<"

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
If july continues being empty I'll try to host something big. Would be cool to have some OoC around. Using our good venue and what not (owners are very sorry about them failing us last minute for nst7 so they are making us special prices so venue fee would be super cheap :D )

Top Bottom