• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On the game's voice acting...

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I think Shulk, Chrom, Robins and Lucina have the most pro VA.

Last edited:

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
I usually don't care about actors or anything since all that stuff is over-dramatized and not really news, but after hearing Fox say "LANDDD MASTERRR" I think I've learned to appreciate the actors and also after hearing Femtwo I really felt like they disrespected such a legendary and great pokemon. Also what ever happened to Sonic saying "You're too slow" or "Come on step it up!", those were some pretty ****ing cool taunts if I say so myself. R.I.P. Captain Falcon's legendary title of being fastest character 1999-2008.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
You guys do realize Fox and Falco are voiced by the same guys who voiced in Star Fox 64 3D, right?
Fox, yes. Falco, no. Just because it's the same person doesn't guarantee its quality nor really justify a reason to not dislike it. As someone who's been playing Star Fox 64 again recently, I can say his performance was much better then than now.

Last edited by a moderator:

C3CC

Smash Lord
I usually don't care about actors or anything since all that stuff is over-dramatized and not really news, but after hearing Fox say "LANDDD MASTERRR" I think I've learned to appreciate the actors and also after hearing Femtwo I really felt like they disrespected such a legendary and great pokemon. Also what ever happened to Sonic saying "You're too slow" or "Come on step it up!", those were some pretty ****ing cool taunts if I say so myself. R.I.P. Captain Falcon's legendary title of being fastest character 1999-2008.
Oh, Mewtwo's voice is another topic I'm kind of concerned about. I really hope they don't give him a female voice because I HATED that in the movie. I'd rather have them either reuse his voice clips from Melee or hire a completely new actor who makes him sound evil. Maybe Dan Green or the person who voiced him in Melee could return? Who knows. There's a completely separate thread for that in the Mewtwo sub-forum, though.

Yesterday, I was playing against Lucina. I hate her voice so much D:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
:4bowser: - Why doesn't he have his actual voice by now? There is literally no excuse, especially since Bowser Jr has his regular voice
:4dk: - See above, especially since his returns voice actor is so great and given Sm4sh's more goofy DK it'd fit perfectly
:4diddy: - I'd prefer if diddy got his regular voice but I don't really care tbh
:4falco::4fox: - Ugh, why? These two kinda make me happy wolf isn't in the game and that's really sad
:4myfriends: - It's SOOO cringey and unfitting for Sm4sh Ike, why they could rerecord ness of all people but not Ike is beyond me
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf: - They need new lines, they just do. Especially Zelda who I think sounds extremely unfitting for her character in twilight princess
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::rosalina::4wario2: - I'm very confused why these guys don't have new lines, they're mario characters for god sake, especially Rosalina who's lines are ripped from Mario Kart 7 of all places
:4marth: - He really should be speaking english by now
:4sonic: - As much as I like roger, I'm mad his clips were ripped from generations

That's about all I have to say

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Oh, Mewtwo's voice is another topic I'm kind of concerned about. I really hope they don't give him a female voice because I HATED that in the movie. I'd rather have them either reuse his voice clips from Melee or hire a completely new actor who makes him sound evil. Maybe Dan Green or the person who voiced him in Melee could return? Who knows. There's a completely separate thread for that in the Mewtwo sub-forum, though.
I will say that Femtwo doesn't have to be terrible. I didn't watch the dub of that movie but in the Japanese version her voice was kickass and they could pull a Melee and rip her voice from that version and not localize it in international versions. And they should definitely go the Femtwo route if they aren't just ripping his Melee voice

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only one that specifically bothers me outside of the obvious Fox and Falco, is Palutena. I thought Ali Hillis did her much better, and I seriously hate Palutena's in-battle VA in this game. It pretty much contributes to the whole "designed to be hentai" feeling she gives off in this game, which she didn't have in Uprising. It sounds like she is being molested with every hit and I just feel dirty when I hit her. @_@

It's disappointing that they didn't give Rosalina new clips, and Kerri Kane is my least favourite of the actresses she has, but they honestly picked Kerri Kane's best voice clips, because I don't recall any of her clips in past games sounding as good as they do in Smash. She's grown on me as a result, with a few highlights (mainly the "Mmm-hmm" for side taunt). I also love her KO cries, because they sound like literal acting on Rosalina's part, which ties into that whole "Rosalina doesn't feel pain or care about the damage she takes" post Sakurai made on Miiverse. It's like she's trying to make her opponent feel better about it. I dunno, it's funny to me.

I think Sonic sounds fine, though some of the clips they used are kinda out of place. Most of them are taken from Sonic Generations, mainly the cutscenes. "Super Sonic Style!" sticks out like a sore thumb, as it really doesn't work as a random battle quote. It only worked in Generations because of the context of the cutscene in that game. I preferred the DBZ-esque "Now I'll show you! Hrrrraaaaaah!", from Brawl.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
all i gotta say is Fox sounds like a big nerd in SSB4 lol.
"FEIERRRE!" "LENDMESSURRR!" I don't care if I overuse that, it's that bad.
Yeah, the voice acting definitely took a turn for the worse in this one. Fox sounds either 12 or 112. Falco sounds like he's half asleep. Sonic, well I've disliked Smith's voice for him since Colors. Griffith was way better. Rosalina's voice clips are all new. Except for maybe the "All right!" That one might be recycled. Though I wish they used Mercedes Rose instead of Kerri Kane. Kirby and Ness getting voice changes were just unnecessary. I don't know why Little Mac isn't voiced by Matt Hardy. Lucario was the only one who benefited from the switch. The reusing voices from Brawl was terrible, though. Everybody who didn't new voices got them, and those who did need em didn't get em! Also, is it me, or does Dark Pit sound...off? Like, more high-pitched.

LF2K

Floor Diver
The two characters I usually play as are silent, so it's not that big of a deal for me. But I do think that recycling Sonic's voice from other games was pretty lazy.

C3CC

Smash Lord
"FEIERRRE!" "LENDMESSURRR!" I don't care if I overuse that, it's that bad.
Yeah, the voice acting definitely took a turn for the worse in this one. Fox sounds either 12 or 112. Falco sounds like he's half asleep. Sonic, well I've disliked Smith's voice for him since Colors. Griffith was way better. Rosalina's voice clips are all new. Except for maybe the "All right!" That one might be recycled. Though I wish they used Mercedes Rose instead of Kerri Kane. Kirby and Ness getting voice changes were just unnecessary. I don't know why Little Mac isn't voiced by Matt Hardy. Lucario was the only one who benefited from the switch. The reusing voices from Brawl was terrible, though. Everybody who didn't new voices got them, and those who did need em didn't get em! Also, is it me, or does Dark Pit sound...off? Like, more high-pitched.
Actually, none of Rosalina's voice clips are new. They're all either reused from Mario Kart 7 or previously unused. Kerri Kane herself said she did not record new lines for this game. I totally agree with you on the Mercedes Rose part, though. She's undoubtedly the best Rosalina. Laura Faye Smith did a good job on Super Mario 3D World, but she really sucked in Mario Kart 8. I've yet to see how she did in Mario Party 10.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mercedes Rose and Laura Faye Smith are the best Rosalinas. Kerri Kane is too inconsistent. Laura was perfect in 3D World and MK8, but she's been questionably directed in MP10.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Palutena sounds like she's having an orgasm every time she is hit... Its really weird
Play Litchi in BlazBlue.

I was disappointed that a lot of characters had their voice clips recycled, but it makes sense from an efficiency point. Still, might as well offer my two cents.

:4bowser: - Why he doesn't have his voice from the Mario games is a mystery to me. I thought we got out of that "realistic" mold from Brawl.
:4falcon::4marth::4metaknight: - These three, especially the former two have aged very well. Marth and Capt. Falcon have had the same voice clips from Melee (save one for Brawl), but they still work perfectly.
:4diddy::4dk: - Using their DKCR voices would've added so much personality to them.
:4duckhunt: - The lack of a voice isn't that bad, but I wish they gave them some actual voice clips. I can understand why they didn't as there'd be animal cruelty implications. Unlike the other animals in the roster, Duck Hunt is very grounded in reality in comparison.
:4olimar::4alph:- Their actors, whoever they are, did recordings for Pikmin 3. I don't know why they didn't do anything for that.
:4greninja::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4pikachu: - Pleased with all of them, including Greninja. His makes sense once you remember he's "speaking" which his tongue out.
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:- One is a troll. The other is a drama queen. What's not to like?
:4ganondorf: - Must he always sound like he's gagging lol? His previous actor was just amazing IMO.
:4pacman: - Perfect except for one thing. They didn't put in the iconic Pacman death sound for star KO's. It's a sorely missed opportunity.
:4lucario: - It's Sean Schemmel. I'm good.
:4villager: - The lack of voice clips is understandable, but they should've at least implemented the sound effects they have with their expressions. As a minor note, sometimes a star KO against them can go unnoticed because there's no sound.
:4falco:- Brawl VA had more personality.
:4fox:- Fox sounds way too young and nasally. Some of his clips are hilarious though.
:4robinm::4robinf: - Jin and Litchi in BlazBlue. Excellent job here.
:4lucina: - Laura Bailey hits gold once more.
:4shulk: - We're all really feeling it.
:4palutena: - When I first heard her, I honestly thought it was Ali Hillis like a lot of people. Her friend, Brandy Kopp, was an excellent understudy.
:4zss: - I know the voice acting in Other M wasn't well received, but I'm disappointed they just recycled her Brawl clips when her design takes after Other M.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Actually, none of Rosalina's voice clips are new. They're all either reused from Mario Kart 7 or previously unused. Kerri Kane herself said she did not record new lines for this game. I totally agree with you on the Mercedes Rose part, though. She's undoubtedly the best Rosalina. Laura Faye Smith did a good job on Super Mario 3D World, but she really sucked in Mario Kart 8. I've yet to see how she did in Mario Party 10.
Interesting. They did a really good job making them fit. I don't like Faye Smith as Rosalina. I like the voice, the voice is nice and sexy, but I completely goes against Rosalina's character. She sounds way to cheery. Never would Rosalina go "Yaaaay!" or "Yeah!". I could see the voice working for maybe Peach, but it's completely unfitting on Rosalina. Rose sounds exactly how Rosalina should, God in a ballgown.
The only one that specifically bothers me outside of the obvious Fox and Falco, is Palutena. I thought Ali Hillis did her much better, and I seriously hate Palutena's in-battle VA in this game. It pretty much contributes to the whole "designed to be hentai" feeling she gives off in this game, which she didn't have in Uprising. It sounds like she is being molested with every hit and I just feel dirty when I hit her. @_@

It's disappointing that they didn't give Rosalina new clips, and Kerri Kane is my least favourite of the actresses she has, but they honestly picked Kerri Kane's best voice clips, because I don't recall any of her clips in past games sounding as good as they do in Smash. She's grown on me as a result, with a few highlights (mainly the "Mmm-hmm" for side taunt). I also love her KO cries, because they sound like literal acting on Rosalina's part, which ties into that whole "Rosalina doesn't feel pain or care about the damage she takes" post Sakurai made on Miiverse. It's like she's trying to make her opponent feel better about it. I dunno, it's funny to me.
Rosalina doesn't feel pain? That is badass. I always thought her KO cries sounded way to much like she was actually in pain. Compared to how smooth and chill the rest of her clips are, it's kinda 0 to 100 hearing her scream like that. At least she's not Palutena.
But let's stop kidding, we all know Jigglypuff has the best voice in the game.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Interesting. They did a really good job making them fit. I don't like Faye Smith as Rosalina. I like the voice, the voice is nice and sexy, but I completely goes against Rosalina's character. She sounds way to cheery. Never would Rosalina go "Yaaaay!" or "Yeah!". I could see the voice working for maybe Peach, but it's completely unfitting on Rosalina. Rose sounds exactly how Rosalina should, God in a ballgown.

Rosalina doesn't feel pain? That is badass. I always thought her KO cries sounded way to much like she was actually in pain. Compared to how smooth and chill the rest of her clips are, it's kinda 0 to 100 hearing her scream like that. At least she's not Palutena.
That's not necessarily Faye's fault though, it's the lines she was given and the roles rosalina was in. What else is she supposed to say when finishing a stage?

C3CC

Smash Lord
That's not necessarily Faye's fault though, it's the lines she was given and the roles rosalina was in. What else is she supposed to say when finishing a stage?
Well, Rosalina did say "Yay" and "Yeah" in Mario Kart Wii and it sounded AMAZING because, well, in that game she was voiced by Mercedes Rose. In 3D World Faye Smith sounded good, but her "Weeeee!!!" in Mario Kart 8 just drives me nuts. That's so just so unlike her. Oh well...

I'm really satisfied with Charizard's voice acting this time around. He actually sounds like a dragon, and his grunts are louder than in Brawl. The best thing is that it's the same voice actor :)

I need to hear Mewtwo's voice, God!!!!! I want to know if he's getting a new voice actor and what he'll sound like. Release him already, Nintendo! D:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Except her KO cries sound completely unenthusiastic.

--------

I seriously don't get the hate for Laura's voice in MK8. If it's her sounding too excited, that's invalid, because Mercedes Rose sounded way more excited in MKWii (as in "this sounds like sex" excited). She's pretty reserved in MK8, especially compared to everyone else in the game. Her voice clips are appropriate for a race, and her official bios even state that she has a thing for racing and high octane thrills. Her saying things like "Weeee" is not out of her character considering the context. She just cuts loose on the race track.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Except her KO cries sound completely unenthusiastic.

--------

I seriously don't get the hate for Laura's voice in MK8. If it's her sounding too excited, that's invalid, because Mercedes Rose sounded way more excited in MKWii (as in "this sounds like sex" excited). She's pretty reserved in MK8, especially compared to everyone else in the game. Her voice clips are appropriate for a race, and her official bios even state that she has a thing for racing and high octane thrills. Her saying things like "Weeee" is not out of her character considering the context. She just cuts loose on the race track.
Her KO cries are anything but unenthusiastic. Her Star KO cry, on the other hand...
Mercedes Rose was an example of how Rosalina could sound like she was having fun while still being the all-powerful god of everything. Her saying "Weeee!" is completely out of context, 1. Because Rosalina wouldn't even say "Wee", considering how sophisticated she speaks in Galaxy/2, and 2. Does that sound like the voice of someone who's mothers death is always constantly haunting her?
"Yes." "Okay." "All right." You know, things that convey her excitement while still keeping in character.
I can't help but wonder, what would Wolf sound like if he was in this game? What horrible abominations do you think they'd do to his voice?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Her KO cries are anything but unenthusiastic. Her Star KO cry, on the other hand...
Mercedes Rose was an example of how Rosalina could sound like she was having fun while still being the all-powerful god of everything. Her saying "Weeee!" is completely out of context, 1. Because Rosalina wouldn't even say "Wee", considering how sophisticated she speaks in Galaxy/2, and 2. Does that sound like the voice of someone who's mothers death is always constantly haunting her?

"Yes." "Okay." "All right." You know, things that convey her excitement while still keeping in character.
I can't help but wonder, what would Wolf sound like if he was in this game? What horrible abominations do you think they'd do to his voice?
Although this is a mario game where the characters are constantly screaming and yahooing, that'd sound rather out of place. Plus Rosalina's past isn't really relevant, just cause something traumatic happens to someone, doesn't mean they can't have moments of joy or happiness. Same with someone who is sophisticated, being intelligent doesn't mean you can't be excited

Also take his 643D voice, make it 64 times as worse and there you have Wolf's voice for smash 4. Just like Fox and Falco

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Although this is a mario game where the characters are constantly screaming and yahooing, that'd sound rather out of place

Also take his 643D voice, make it 64 times as worse and there you have Wolf's voice for smash 4. Just like Fox and Falco
Rosalina didn't scream or yahoo until Kane took over.
And I see what you did there, you clever *******. But seriously, that is terrifying.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

So, if you were racing at high speeds down a techno highway with kickass music while driving a gravity defying quadbike, you wouldn't sound the least bit excited?

Also Rosalina's past does not haunt her at every waking moment. It is a scar, but even in Galaxy, she was portrayed in a happy state on numerous occasions. The whole point of the storybook was to show how she learned to deal with her loss properly (because she initially dealt with it through pure delusion, which is destructive to one's mind and perception). By the way, it wasn't just her mother she lost, it was her father and brother too.

The whole reason Rosalina is appealing is because she has a lot of agency. She's shown to have emotions, feelings, beliefs, and mystery, just like a real person. If Rosalina was constantly mopey or quiet, she would be a one dimensional character. Just like Peach.

Peach isn't a poorly portrayed character because she is happy and cute - it's because that's ALL she ever is, and it isn't portrayed as something that benefits her. She exists solely to make the player feel good and to desire her for basic and shallow reasons (most of the time) - in anime, this is known as a "Moe" character. If Rosalina was constantly depressed and mopey on the surface, she would just be Moe fan service too, and would be no better than Peach. Giving her all of the other qualities she has is what fleshed Rosalina out and makes her endearing.

EDIT: This is how Rosalina SHOULD NOT sound. Mario Kart 8 did not make her sound like this:

Last edited:

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Fox probably has the worst voice in my opinion... It's like they grabbed a stereotypical nerd with that ungodly voice, stuck him in a fridge over night so he had the worst cold known to mankind, and told him to pinch his nose while doing his voice acting. When he does his rapid kicks (tapping A), it sounds like a nerd tugging one out. "HUUUUUUAGH!"

I don't mind Falco, but I prefer his voice from Brawl.

Kromeste

Smash Rookie
I die inside every time I here Falco speak, I mean, what happened to everyone's favorite Brooklyn-Bird?! On a brighter note, I like Robin's voice acting and all of the cheeky lines that Lucina has when against other Fire Emblem reps. "This is the Hero-King?" "And they call you the radiant hero?"

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So, if you were racing at high speeds down a techno highway with kickass music while driving a gravity defying quadbike, you wouldn't sound the least bit excited?

Also Rosalina's past does not haunt her at every waking moment. It is a scar, but even in Galaxy, she was portrayed in a happy state on numerous occasions. The whole point of the storybook was to show how she learned to deal with her loss properly (because she initially dealt with it through pure delusion, which is destructive to one's mind and perception). By the way, it wasn't just her mother she lost, it was her father and brother too.

The whole reason Rosalina is appealing is because she has a lot of agency. She's shown to have emotions, feelings, beliefs, and mystery, just like a real person. If Rosalina was constantly mopey or quiet, she would be a one dimensional character. Just like Peach.

Peach isn't a poorly portrayed character because she is happy and cute - it's because that's ALL she ever is, and it isn't portrayed as something that benefits her. She exists solely to make the player feel good and to desire her for basic and shallow reasons (most of the time) - in anime, this is known as a "Moe" character. If Rosalina was constantly depressed and mopey on the surface, she would just be Moe fan service too, and would be no better than Peach. Giving her all of the other qualities she has is what fleshed Rosalina out and makes her endearing.

EDIT: This is how Rosalina SHOULD NOT sound. Mario Kart 8 did not make her sound like this:

God, what did I just listen to? Anyway, you misunderstand me. I'm not saying "Oh my God, Rosalina showed emotion, ruined forever." I'm saying that Rosalina would be the last person you'd expect to yahoo and whatnot because of how calm and collected she is, which is her most defining trait. Faye Smith just ****s on all of that with all the hoo ha-Ing and the cheering and stuff that Rosalina wouldn't do. Like I said, I like the voice, just not as Rosalina's voice.
Nobody said Rosalina should be "mopey and quiet", I'm not asking her to imitate Cloud, (zing) but when you go from mysterious, enigmatic, and powerful to "Yaaayyy!", obviously eyebrows will be raised. Which is why I say Mercedes Rose is the best. She knows when it's time for quiet, when it's time for cheery, and when to just be in between, something Faye Smith obviously lacks.
And I know what "moe" means, I've played No More Heroes.
I die inside every time I here Falco speak, I mean, what happened to everyone's favorite Brooklyn-Bird?! On a brighter note, I like Robin's voice acting and all of the cheeky lines that Lucina has when against other Fire Emblem reps. "This is the Hero-King?" "And they call you the radiant hero?"
I feel you. I'm gonna miss "YUUU ARENT WOITH DA TROUBLE!" Whenever I win as Falco. I kinda wish Ike would say something to Lucina if he won like, "And you're the Hero-King's successor?" It's more fitting of Ike's character than Lucina since Ike has a bit of smart-ass in him. Which I love him for.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
God, what did I just listen to? Anyway, you misunderstand me. I'm not saying "Oh my God, Rosalina showed emotion, ruined forever." I'm saying that Rosalina would be the last person you'd expect to yahoo and whatnot because of how calm and collected she is, which is her most defining trait. Faye Smith just ****s on all of that with all the hoo ha-Ing and the cheering and stuff that Rosalina wouldn't do. Like I said, I like the voice, just not as Rosalina's voice.
Nobody said Rosalina should be "mopey and quiet", I'm not asking her to imitate Cloud, (zing) but when you go from mysterious, enigmatic, and powerful to "Yaaayyy!", obviously eyebrows will be raised. Which is why I say Mercedes Rose is the best. She knows when it's time for quiet, when it's time for cheery, and when to just be in between, something Faye Smith obviously lacks.
And I know what "moe" means, I've played No More Heroes.

I feel you. I'm gonna miss "YUUU ARENT WOITH DA TROUBLE!" Whenever I win as Falco. I kinda wish Ike would say something to Lucina if he won like, "And you're the Hero-King's successor?" It's more fitting of Ike's character than Lucina since Ike has a bit of smart-*** in him. Which I love him for.
In the context of riding around on anti-gravity quad bikes, yes, Rosalina saying the quips she does is perfectly acceptable. Especially since, once again, she is canonically a thrill seeker.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
In the context of riding around on anti-gravity quad bikes, yes, Rosalina saying the quips she does is perfectly acceptable. Especially since, once again, she is canonically a thrill seeker.
Yes, it is. Just not to the extent that Faye Smith takes it.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

What extent? She sounds soft, cool, and collected to me.
I was more referring to 3D World, since that's where she had the most voice clips. The major deciding factor between Faye Smith and Rose is that godly echo Rose has whenever she talks as Rosalina, something else that Faye Smith lacks. It really helps capture just how powerful Rosalina really is. Even Kerri Kane has it. Faye Smith just sounds too normal to play a character like Rosalina.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was more referring to 3D World, since that's where she had the most voice clips. The major deciding factor between Faye Smith and Rose is that godly echo Rose has whenever she talks as Rosalina, something else that Faye Smith lacks. It really helps capture just how powerful Rosalina really is. Even Kerri Kane has it. Faye Smith just sounds too normal to play a character like Rosalina.
That's not her fault though. Audio distortions =/= voice acting.

If Laura had an echo, she would sound identical to Mercedes.

C3CC

Smash Lord

Oh my God... What have they done to her...

I personally dislike all of Lucina's special quotes, especially when she defeats Marth. Like, *****, you're literally a clone of him. You're no better.

Maybe that's just because I really dislike her as a character... I don't know.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
:4ness:Ness' VA really bothered me at first, but I got used to it. I think it was just an 'ew Change? Oh **** that, man' kind of moment. I like it now.

:4sonic:I never even noticed Sonic's VA changed. Sonic is horrible, and I don't waste my time acknowledging his existence unless I must. I miss 'You're too slow.' Only redeemable part of his character.

:4shulk: do i even need to say it

:4wiifit:Lady WFT has the most annoying voice I've ever heard in a Smash game. I cannot stand it. I suppose her normal voice is OK, but the sounds she makes when she's hurt is just... Ugh.
:4wiifitm:However, Sir WFT's is oddly humorous. I guess it's a little funny hearing a grown man in a fighting game obsess over how he really wants to 'stretch those shoulders.'

:4fox::4falco:Fox and Falco... WHY? Their voices actors were legitimately VERY good. I just really am curious as to why they did it.

:4lucina: I really don't mind Lucina. But that may be just because I played her game, and I know how dang cool she is and how horrible her life is. You go, gurl. Do ya thang.

:4bowser:Bowser... Where is my Kenny James?

:4bowserjr:Bowser Jr. has straight-up the best voice acting in the game.

:4jigglypuff: 2nd place. JIGG-LEEEE

I didn't really notice anyone else's change in particular.

Oh yeah,
if :mewtwomelee: is female.............................................

:4dedede:- Would of been better with the voice from the anime Kirby right back at ya...
I would pay so much money to make that Dedede's voice.
somuch

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh my God... What have they done to her...

I personally dislike all of Lucina's special quotes, especially when she defeats Marth. Like, *****, you're literally a clone of him. You're no better.

Maybe that's just because I really dislike her as a character... I don't know.
It's trash talk.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:4ness:Ness' VA really bothered me at first, but I got used to it. I think it was just an 'ew Change? Oh **** that, man' kind of moment. I like it now.

:4sonic:I never even noticed Sonic's VA changed. Sonic is horrible, and I don't waste my time acknowledging his existence unless I must. I miss 'You're too slow.' Only redeemable part of his character.

:4shulk: do i even need to say it

:4wiifit:Lady WFT has the most annoying voice I've ever heard in a Smash game. I cannot stand it. I suppose her normal voice is OK, but the sounds she makes when she's hurt is just... Ugh.
:4wiifitm:However, Sir WFT's is oddly humorous. I guess it's a little funny hearing a grown man in a fighting game obsess over how he really wants to 'stretch those shoulders.'

:4fox::4falco:Fox and Falco... WHY? Their voices actors were legitimately VERY good. I just really am curious as to why they did it.

:4lucina: I really don't mind Lucina. But that may be just because I played her game, and I know how dang cool she is and how horrible her life is. You go, gurl. Do ya thang.

:4bowser:Bowser... Where is my Kenny James?

:4bowserjr:Bowser Jr. has straight-up the best voice acting in the game.

:4jigglypuff: 2nd place. JIGG-LEEEE

I didn't really notice anyone else's change in particular.

Oh yeah,
if :mewtwomelee: is female.............................................

I would pay so much money to make that Dedede's voice.
somuch
Who is the goddess who voices Jigglypuff? She must be praised.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I actually have no problem with boulder punching Sonic's voice. Only voice that bugs me is Fox. I cannot keep a straight face whenever I hear "Landmaster!"

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Since Fox and Falco got their 64 3D voices, it makes me wish Wolf was in even more. I want British Wolf back dammit.

All I will say about Rosalina's voice is that her star KO cry makes the Symphony of the Night death cries sound professional. It makes murdering her unsatisfying.

Top Bottom