• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OmniOstrich's Impromptu Smashfest 5/9 Raleigh NC

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Your friendly neighborhood Ostrich is hosting a smashfest this weekend :D

TIME:
2pm-12am, you must be gone by midnight

I have a 4story house, and the 4th floor has lots of space.

I live in the southern suburbs of Raleigh in a town called Holly Springs Mapquest ||Google Maps ||Yahoo Maps

Southern Pines is 1hr 10min according to mapquest, UNC is about 40min away, Raleigh is 20-30min depending on if its downtown or closer to wake forest.
I have a heated pool in my backyard and anyone who wants to is welcome to swim, I just ask that you respect our property and don't do anything stupid with the pool toys.

With regards to food:
Relatively close, within a 5-10min drive.

There is a wal-mart shopping center with mcdonald's, fat philly's, subway, andy's and an oriental buffet and a little further down the road there is wendy's, quizno's, a mexican resturaunt, papa john's and a chinese place.

WE WILL NEED SETUPS
My wii is dysfunctional atm, I have two TVs that will be available, but thats it. Please, please bring setups.

Jon?

Smash Champion
If I bring my wavebird, can we have a set up near the pool so I can play while in the water?

Jon?

Smash Champion
Man, we have at least 15 people coming! Might as well host a tourny!

Hey Ben, since your Wii can't play brawl, you think you have melee set up on it?

Duo55

Smash Ace
I'll try to come, but I ducked out on my lady last weekend to smash, so I'ma see what she wants to do first before I say yes.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
jesus christ

4 story house and heated pool?!
The basement isn't finished off, its just cinderblock walls and its only one very small room filled with food storage and the shop equipment/tools. When we bought it there was a walk-up attic and my dad+grandpa+uncle finished it off, except the drywall which we hired out for really cheap.

haha wow. melee??
yeah melee?
If someone brings setups thats fine by me, I'm not gonna turn away any smashers :)

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Man, we have at least 15 people coming! Might as well host a tourny!

Hey Ben, since your Wii can't play brawl, you think you have melee set up on it?
I would need a memory card with everything unlocked, I think flamingo stole mine >_>

If there are 13+ people or 10teams(no pun intended) for any event, AND there are at least 4hr to run it, then I will host a tournament, otherwise its not worth it.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I would need a memory card with everything unlocked, I think flamingo stole mine >_>

If there are 13+ people or 10teams(no pun intended) for any event, AND there are at least 4hr to run it, then I will host a tournament, otherwise its not worth it.
Well, I can bring 1.5-2.5 teams. If SP comes, that's like another 2 or 3 teams. If KEith comes, chances are he'll bring some of his friends so that's like 2 more teams. Alex needs a partner and I need a partner(team?), Bill may come and alot of other CH people.

**** it let's just run a Melee doubles and Brawl doubles tourney and charge 20 bucks per team. It'll be awesome and we'll probably be done in time. :D

Sweet... Melee?

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Well, I can bring 1.5-2.5 teams, If SP comes, that's like another 2 or 3 teams. If KEith comes, chances are he'll bring some of his friends so that's like 2 more teams. Alex needs a partner and I need a partner(team?), Bill may come and alot of other CH people.

**** it let's just run a Melee doubles and Brawl doubles tourney and charge 20 bucks per team. It'll be awesome and we'll probably be done in time. :D

Sweet... Melee?
Im definitely not making entry fees higher than $5 a person on such short notice, but like i said if enough people are interested I will setup a bracket.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
hey omni i dont know if this situation is similar to yours........
my wii has been running fine but making a loud humming noise for about a year
it started giving me unable to read disc errors about 3 months ago starting with my melee disk
then it started giving me error codes for my brawl disk (the only 2 games i play)
today it gave me an error code while playing brawl
when i put brawl back in my wii doesnt even try to read the disk anymore, ie the disk will not spin
the good news is that i called nintendo and even though my warranty had expired(i registered it online) they said if i sent it in they would replace the disk drive for free and give me another 1 year warranty

edit:i would be unable to come to this, although im not sure about the rest of sp they will probably make their mind up sat morning when they wake up to that WOOT WOOT supposed to be up cooking breakfasat or somthing

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
hey omni i dont know if this situation is similar to yours........
my wii has been running fine but making a loud humming noise for about a year
it started giving me unable to read disc errors about 3 months ago starting with my melee disk
then it started giving me error codes for my brawl disk (the only 2 games i play)
today it gave me an error code while playing brawl
when i put brawl back in my wii doesnt even try to read the disk anymore, ie the disk will not spin
the good news is that i called nintendo and even though my warranty had expired(i registered it online) they said if i sent it in they would replace the disk drive for free and give me another 1 year warranty

edit:i would be unable to come to this, although im not sure about the rest of sp they will probably make their mind up sat morning when they wake up to that WOOT WOOT supposed to be up cooking breakfasat or somthing
My wii plays everything except brawl. One day i put brawl in and the disc didnt spin and i was like huh, re-inserted and it worked fun. Everyday since then its gotten worse and worse, last time it worked i probably re-inserted +50 times before it ran, now it won't go at all, i spent like an hour trying.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
I can bring a Wii and Brawl, but not a TV.

Unless KSK decides to come on short notice, I don't have a Brawl partner for the possible tournament. Any offers?

Jon?

Smash Champion
Whenever, just wanted to know what time to leave for your house. Didn't realize your house was so nearby, it's like 5 mins away.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I want to go. Don't know if I can though. I'm kinda grounded. If it were up to me I'd definitely be there.

Edit: that's only in the mo'nin

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
We will also be able to bring Melee, if we unlock everything on our memory card file by then.

Anyway, we're definitely coming to this. Jon, just swing by our place sometime around 1:50 and we'll give you a ride.

Jon?

Smash Champion
We will also be able to bring Melee, if we unlock everything on our memory card file by then.

Anyway, we're definitely coming to this. Jon, just swing by our place sometime around 1:50 and we'll give you a ride.
Cool stuff. I can check my gamecube memory cards to see if any of them have melee data on them.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero

can me and a friend tag with yall?

Top Bottom