• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Desolate Land is apparently the only ability that'll save Primal Groudon from getting slaughtered by Water-type attacks. Unless you have a Primal Kyogre with you, or any Pokemon who has Cloud Nine or Air Lock, this basically means that Primal Groudon will only be weak against Ground-type attacks.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think Rayquaza will get a Mega Evolution instead of a Primal form only because of the text hinting at secrets to Mega Evolution.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Primal Rayquaza could have an ability that not only negates weather effects, but also negates all active weather conditions. The ability would have higher priority than Primordial Sea and Desolate Land, meaning that those abilities will never activate as long as Primal Rayquaza is present on the field.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
To be honest that's what I thought Rayquaza's ability should have always been... I'd be up for that!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Primal Rayquaza could have an ability that not only negates weather effects, but also negates all active weather conditions. The ability would have higher priority than Primordial Sea and Desolate Land, meaning that those abilities will never activate as long as Primal Rayquaza is present on the field.
Prehistoric Atmosphere/Ancient Sky?

I imagine they'll reference something about when the early atmosphere didn't have oxygen yet.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Anyone else hoping some Hoenn Pokemon get regular evolutions, instead of Mega evos?
Looking at you Zangoose and Seviper.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Pretty doubtful at this point. Of course, a Mega Zangoose and Mega Seviper would really be an interesting addition.
What makes you say that?
I mean I'm all for Mega evos, it would just be nice to see at least one new regular evolution, it's like they abandoned it, well not really but you get the gist.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
What makes you say that?
Eviolite.

Something which doesn't get Eviolite boost one gen getting it in the next is kinda problematic... however they could still have Form Changes of Branching Evoutions I guess... (still bummed that we don't have a Deugtrio evolution to paralel magnezone)

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What makes you say that?
I mean I'm all for Mega evos, it would just be nice to see at least one new regular evolution, it's like they abandoned it, well not really but you get the gist.
I mean, they've never introduced entirely new Pokemon in remakes or "third versions," so I don't think they would start doing that now. I suppose theoretically they could update X/Y to prevent compatibility issues, and could also do that to fix the Mega Evolution compatibility issues, but I'd err with a no until proven otherwise just based on precedent.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Eviolite.

Something which doesn't get Eviolite boost one gen getting it in the next is kinda problematic... however they could still have Form Changes of Branching Evoutions I guess... (still bummed that we don't have a Deugtrio evolution to paralel magnezone)
Pretty much this. Zangoose and Seviper can't use the Eviolite, so their only chance of evolving is through mega evolution.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Prehistoric Atmosphere/Ancient Sky?

I imagine they'll reference something about when the early atmosphere didn't have oxygen yet.
Your mentioning of a lack of oxygen makes me wonder if, assuming they did this, they'd go so far as to kind of give him his own pseudo-weather for as long as he's on the field. Like, maybe he just has an unavoidable 6% damage dealing thing for any Pokemon that isn't Rayquaza while he's on the field, along with completely preventing other weathers from existing.

Hi errybody.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Ancient Rayquaza ability: Voice of Reason. Reference to the Emerald versions cutscene where he came down from the heavens, yelled at the 2 dinos and left, lol.

Rain and Sun take turns activiating between turns.

Harraseda

Smash Rookie
NNID
Harraseda
What do you guys think of the new bundles?

I personally really like the translucent designs!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Alright guys, I want to tell you this in case you don't know.

GameStop employees are not allowed to refuse customers who asks for free codes on diancie. You do not have to pre-order the game in order to get them, you just ask. If they TELL you this, tell THEM that you want to speak with the Store Manager specifically.

So, in review...
  1. They are allowed to give codes away without pre-order
  2. Give you 2 codes maximum, but please don't be greedy for them.
They are NOT allowed to:
  1. Refuse the codes because you didn't pre-order the game. If the Store Managers refuse as well, it is against store policy and I highly suggest calling the higher-ups.
  2. Force you to pre-order. They will suggest that if you want to pre-order, but you can just give them a no thanks and receive the code(s), if that is what you want.

So keep this in mind. This may be a "We already know this" deal, though. I have a very strong similarity to slowpoke.
Do not blame this on the employees if they do this. The responsibility strongly belongs to the store manager and the store manager alone. Their rudeness however, is on them.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Mega Rayquaza confirmed (no Primal), everyone!
I must say that I really admire the new design. . . I think it looks great! Apparently, mega evolving Rayquaze will require a different method than normal, although it isn't confirmed as to what that method is. Also, new "Delta Stream" ability, and a new attack called "Dragon Ascent".

Ability: Delta Stream - Activates "Strong Winds"; Neutralizes Flying-type weaknesses, making them regularly effective, in addition to preventing misc. weather conditions (Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Sandstorm, and Hail will fail if used; The Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream, and Snow Warning abilities will fail to activate).

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I am wondering how Delta Stream can cope with Desolate Land and Primordial Sea. I mean, based on the information that we have, Delta Stream does not prevent Desolate Land and Primordial Sea from activating.

Edit: Never mind, I just ran into the following description...

Serebii.net said:
This ability will create a new weather called Strong Winds. This prevents other weathers being activated, and over-rides all weathers including Desolate Land and Primordial Sea. It also removes the effectiveness from moves that would be Super Effective on Flying-type Pokémon. It lasts until Mega Rayquaza exits battle.
Edit 2: I do still wonder if Cloud Nine and Air Lock can negate the effects of those new weather abilities, because I'm not hearing anything about them.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Mega Beedrill and Pidgeot partially confirmed along with mega Latios/as that we knew about already..
Beedrill has adaptability and Pidgeot has No guard they remain the same type for both pokemon..

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No Guard Hurricane/Steel Wing/Heat Wave, discuss
Useless if Mega Pidgeot's special attack isn't good. Steel Wing may seem useful, but in reality, a STABbed Brave Bird will always be stronger than a super-effective Steel Wing, even against the Ice-type and Fairy-type. And most Rock-types have too strong of a defense that they'll easily survive Steel Wing and just slaughter Pidgeot right back.

Shog

Smash Ace
I am so hyped for Beedrill. I know it is aweak ass pokemon, but it has a Special place in my heart alongside butterfree for the countless times I reseted the Pkmn Red/Blue games. Seriously if Skarmory gets a Mega Evolution I am going to flip out and Dance on the street

Poketroopa

Smash Rookie
I think it's interesting that both Beedrill and Pidgeot are pokemon who got a stat change/increase when gen 6 came out. Thinking that maybe the other pokemon who got these boosts like Poliwrath and Raichu might get megas down the road too. This would also mean that Beautifly would get a mega with Dustox not getting a mega.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
I was talking just about a week ago with someone how Mega Beedrill would be cool, but it probably wouldn't happen. . . Needless to say, I haven't any qualms in being wrong. Also, I've always loved Pidgeot, aside from his / her irrelevance. Hopefully this Mega Evo. can do something good in the base stat department.

P.S. Maybe there's a little hope for my Mega Weezing (or Steel / Dragon Mega Dragonite, just because. . . Or Mega Snorlax, Mega Lapras, etc.) now, too?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Pretty excited for mega Pidgeot. I always had that Pokemon on my team every time I played Gold version.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mega Beedrill looks extremely promising, in my opinion. It's about time we got a good poison sweeper.

Beedrill@MegaStone
Ability: Sniper - Adaptability
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack/Speed, 4 Defense
Moveset: Twineedle, Poison Jab, Swords Dance, Drill Run

This is what my Beedrill will hopefully run. Drill Run is primarily for Mega Mawile and other Steel types. Twineedle hits twice, breaking sash, and hits hard with the possible chance of poison.

As for Mega Pidgeot- spam Hurricane. :troll:

JimmyHedgehog

Smash Cadet
NNID
JimmyHedgehog
3DS FC
3497-0193-6314
Mega Pidgeot and Beedrill look awesome, especially Beedrill. Would be nice if it makes Beedrill more usable.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm really liking Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot. They look pretty cool. And Adaptibility on Beedrill sounds really good. Not sure if it'll be Lucario good though.

Of course the whole weather trio looks really freaking cool. I think Groudon got the best buffs. Water Pokemon can't do crap to him. But Rayquaza is the coolest looking.

Does anyone know if Character Customization is still in? I'm not entirely sure. But it should be. At the very least, I'd change the boy character's skin tone.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Does anyone know if Character Customization is still in? I'm not entirely sure. But it should be. At the very least, I'd change the boy character's skin tone.
I don't think it was confirmed or deconfirmed yet. It doesn't really matter much to me in this game, since secret bases are all I care about now. Well, that and the VGC 15 rules.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In case anyone doesn't know, X-Scissor is still more powerful than two Twineedle hits. Similarly, Pin Missile would have to hit 4 times to be stronger than X-Scissor. Keep this in mind for Mega Beedrill.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In case anyone doesn't know, X-Scissor is still more powerful than two Twineedle hits. Similarly, Pin Missile would have to hit 4 times to be stronger than X-Scissor. Keep this in mind for Mega Beedrill.
Well yeah, I figured that X-Scissor would still be the most optimal choice for Beedrill's Bug STAB. He's still Poison type too right? Because Poison Jab might take priority for me.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
I am so hyped for Beedrill. I know it is aweak *** pokemon, but it has a Special place in my heart alongside butterfree for the countless times I reseted the Pkmn Red/Blue games. Seriously if Skarmory gets a Mega Evolution I am going to flip out and Dance on the street
I hope skarm does NOT get a mega! It will be impossible to kill x_x

Top Bottom