• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
To be fair Mega-Charizard X flies in his animations and doesn't have levitate...

He looks more offensive to me, so I'm still hopeful for Download!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Initial page translations are saying Tough Claws, nothing confirmed though (too blurry to be sure)

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Damn, that's lame! I guess it makes sense from his new design, but still...

What a waste!

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Tough Claws would definitely make him a force to be reckoned with

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
True, I'm not saying it's a waste of his stats, just a waste of the concept. They have a quad-core CPU pokémon, and give it Tough Claws...

A bulkier Metagross hitting with the power of a Choice Band would be awesome to actually use, and he'd even avoid Sticky Web first switch in, but it's just less interesting than Download... at least to me.

Still, I foresee a lot of Agility sweepers assuming he gets a big enough attack boost.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just a thought on Mega Metagross's base stats...

HP: 80
Attack: 185
Defense: 160
SP ATK: 95
SP DEF: 120
Speed: 60
Total: 700

If its ability truly is Tough Claws, then Bullet Punch is definitely going to hurt.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope he can get Iron Head through a Move Tutor this time around. That'd be a great move for Metagross, especially if he ever gets Tough Claws. Though Tough Claws being used with Bullet Punch would work well too.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
The only Ability I can see it having is Levitate, really.

It would cut down on its weaknesses that it gained with no benefit in 6th gen.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Just a thought on Mega Metagross's base stats...

HP: 80
Attack: 185
Defense: 160
SP ATK: 95
SP DEF: 120
Speed: 60

If its ability truly is Tough Claws, then Bullet Punch is definitely going to hurt.
You REALLY don't wanna cripple his speed more. If anything, it needs to be pushed up to 80 or 90.

90 would be great because with an unboosted Jolly set you can outspeed Excadrill, and with an Adamant set, Agiligross outspeeds the whole game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You REALLY don't wanna cripple his speed more. If anything, it needs to be pushed up to 80 or 90.

90 would be great because with an unboosted Jolly set you can outspeed Excadrill, and with an Adamant set, Agiligross outspeeds the whole game.
The game is basically a bulkier Metagross, though even with base 160 defense and base 120 special defense, it'll still pretty much fall to the stronger Fire-types who have the Sunny Day boost; Mega Charizard Y is a huge example of that. And remember, Bullet Punch would make up for the speed drop, especially if Tough Claws is involved.

And since I had its base attack set at 185, the speed stat has to take a slight drop to keep Mega Metagross from being too broken; remember Mega Heracross.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I don't think he'll get a speed drop, but I also don't expect a boost; I think he'll already be really powerful so boosting speed could just make him a bit too easy-mode, especially if he has Tough Claws as else-wise the counter-play would probably not be very fun.

Either way we could all be surprised.

In other news: Dat GBA Pokédex yo!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The game is basically a bulkier Metagross, though even with base 160 defense and base 120 special defense, it'll still pretty much fall to the stronger Fire-types who have the Sunny Day boost; Mega Charizard Y is a huge example of that. And remember, Bullet Punch would make up for the speed drop, especially if Tough Claws is involved.

And since I had its base attack set at 185, the speed stat has to take a slight drop to keep Mega Metagross from being too broken; remember Mega Heracross.
Mega Heracross has perfect coverage from 120 power moves, 2 of ehich get STAB. One of which is a top 5 attacking type.

Both of metagross' STABs are bottom 5, has arguably worse defensive typing after the steel nerf, and not to mention Mega Hera is in the bottom half of the megas to begin with.

M-gross would perish in UU with that spread, basicslly.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I don't want Metagross to be named Scizor. He needs to have a different purpose from Bullet Punch.

Please don't let it be his only purpose.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Tough Claws does power up Thunder Punch and Ice Punch, so perhaps Mega Metagross with Tough Claws could mess up stuff like Gyarados and Garchomp, especially if its defenses become high enough for it to survive a STABbed Earthquake.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
So he'll kind of be like Mega Aerodactyl but with punches instead of fangs, lol.

Albiet bulkier, his stabs aren't necessarily good either making it even more like Megadactyl.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So he'll kind of be like Mega Aerodactyl but with punches instead of fangs, lol.

Albiet bulkier, his stabs aren't necessarily good either making it even more like Megadactyl.
At least Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt get the Tough Claws boost, so even resisted hits are bound to remove more than half of the target's HP if its defenses aren't high enough.

Of course, we still don't know if Tough Claws really is Mega Metagross's ability, so we'll just have to take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
he apparently gets a huge boost in speed and a boost in all other stats, so maybe something like

80/155/150/105/110/100

he's going to be stupid, zard x hits ****ing hard with base 130 and tough claws, regular metagross has base 135 so it's giong to go up and then add tough claws. base 100 is really freaking good for speed and meteor mash is a base 180 steel move that can boost attack. he gets all the coverage he needs in ice punch/thunder punch/EQ and he has a base 80 priority move in bullet punch

i see in no way (with a huge increase of speed) that he'll be anything lower than OU, maybe even uber

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
With Metagross's New mega, I'm tempted to run one and name it Star Platinum., because when I see it the only thing I can picture is it throwing bullet punches like pic related.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
With the vague stat changes revealed im looking for the same stat spread as m4f did but with SpD and Spe swapped

Its not going to be Uber on the basis that it still hits way weaker than zard x since move base power >>>>>> attacking stat, and that Rotom, Skarmory, Hippowdon, Quagsire.... Every decent physical wall in the game stops it dead. It'll put strong pressure on offensive teams but thats about it.

The more fun possibility is what mega diancie could possibly be

50/150/100/150/100/150 HYPE

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So if all of Mega Metagross's stats are boosted, the boosts for its offenses and defenses may not be as big as I previously thought with the speed stat getting the biggest boost.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
With the vague stat changes revealed im looking for the same stat spread as m4f did but with SpD and Spe swapped

Its not going to be Uber on the basis that it still hits way weaker than zard x since move base power >>>>>> attacking stat, and that Rotom, Skarmory, Hippowdon, Quagsire.... Every decent physical wall in the game stops it dead. It'll put strong pressure on offensive teams but thats about it.

The more fun possibility is what mega diancie could possibly be

50/150/100/150/100/150 HYPE
they're going to troll us with 50/130/120/130/120/150 stats probably

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Although I'm not as hyped for Pokemon ORAS the same way I was with HGSS, listening to these tracks really has me excited to hear how the music will play out. I'll drop some fanmade arrangements of some of the battle themes. This guy is good!

Pokemon Trainer BATTLE RSE

Wild Pokemon Battle RSE

Wild Pokemon Battle RSE (X&Y style)

Gym Leader Battle RSE

Gym Leader Battle RSE (different person made this; X&Y style)

Elite 4 Battle RSE

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Mega Salamence looks ********. Mega Lopbunny is meh. and I absolutely love Mega Altaria it's sporting rather fine pirate hat.

here are the images of them via Serebii

Last edited:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The bunny may not be the most exciting Pokemon to get a Mega-evolution, but a Normal/Fighting pokemon with Scrappy is nothing to scoff at.

Altaria gets Dragon/Fairy and Pixelate which turns Normal moves into Fairy moves. Unlike Gardevoir she can actually make use of it since she has Hyper Voice, though since Altaria has mixed stats its currently unknown if she'll lean towards special attack. Its certainly an interesting type combination as it doesn't cover any of their weaknesses aside from Dragon but 7 resistances and an immunity to very common attack types is still really good.

It seems you can now earn new moves for your Pokemon via contest (or maybe just pikachu) and costumes. Meteor Mash, Electric Terrain, Draining Kiss,Icicle Crash and Flying Press are all available to Pikachu, though its currently not clear if this is for contest only.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Icicle Crash Pikachu is power.

Altaria has 3 weaknesses, 2 of which are not incredibly common. Ice, Poison, Steel.

And I've been hoping for Salamence all my life. The design and even everything about it isn't what I had in mind, but I still love it. Aerialate Dragon Dance Return? It's done. If it gets a buff to its defense it can hopefully live any Ice Shard at full.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I'm hoping Mega Altaria gets a significant to both its attacking stats.
Maybe a mixed attacker with Fire Blast/Return/Outrage/Dragon Dance.
If they decide to go the more defensive route with it, it always has Cotton Guard I guess. +3 defense is pretty good. Could maybe make up for that bad steel weakness since most steel-type attacks are physical anyway.

And Salamence finally gets to effectively use it's flying-type for attacking! It's like a dream...

Shog

Smash Ace
Accept Mega Salamence as your god and saviour now, it is like what Ridley dreams what it should be. It Ability is good on it that, without any stat boosts, after one Dragon Dance you One-Hit-Knock-Out Gliscor! That means what ever attack boosts it gets, even Frustration or Return is possible!

Mega Metagross alone destroys stall by itself because it can run Grass Knot which also Onehitknockout Swampert and Quagsire because of Tough Claws.

Also, that Crossaint Picture is amazing and shows how the body structure of Salalmence looks like a dragon footprint.

Furthermore I like the sleek design. The normal Salamence looks bulky, this form looks like a flying killer machine. Hyes

Also Lopunny is hot I guess and one of my favs mons of the Gen 3, Altaria, looks amazing.
Seriously I don't know what could make this more awesome, except maybe Mega-Camerupt. If that happens...holy ****

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Normal-type moves become Flying-type moves.
Aerilate スカイスキン
Sky Skin

Yes be amazed how GF gave it that ability. Which means DoubleEdge and Return spam :)

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Altaria has 3 weaknesses, 2 of which are not incredibly common. Ice, Poison, Steel.
Mega Altaria actually has "four" weaknesses. Fairy-type attacks deal neutral damage to the Fairy-type, so the Dragon/Fairy-type takes super effective damage from Fairy-type attacks.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Mega Altaria actually has "four" weaknesses. Fairy-type attacks deal neutral damage to the Fairy-type, so the Dragon/Fairy-type takes super effective damage from Fairy-type attacks.
How can I forget. And just yesterday I was in a Azumarill vs. Azumarill battle lol.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I haven't been playing Pokemon too much, but these recent reveals reeled me in. I'm currently working on Buneary for Mega Lopunny. I'm going on a bound here and thinking it'll have an Attack/Speed boost, so I'm making both Adamant and Jolly. Might run Jump Kick, Fake Out, Ice Punch, and Bounce/Fire Punch. I'm also planning to do Swablu and get it Hyper Voice for Mega Altaria's Pixilate. I'm really hoping they crank up that special attack. If so, I'm running Dragon Pulse, Hyper Voice, Fire Blast, and Protect/Heal Bell.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I was thinking of running Cotton Guard, Flamethrower, Hyper Voice, and Roost for Altaria

Original | Hoping for
HP 75 | -
Atk 70 | 90 (because of access to DD)
Def 90 | 100
Sp. Atk 70 | 110
Sp. def 105 | 115
Spd 80 | 100
490 | 590

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Does Sal learn ESpeed? If so... Jesus. It's possible it might even learn ESpeed in the new game. It already has access to Brave Bird(Aerialate Double Edge) + it's boosted by the ability.

Unaware Quagsire and Max Def Max HP Bold Clefable are 2HKO'd by NORMAL Salamence if it had Aerialate. As a joke someone calc'd Giga Impact on Hippowdon with normal Sal and it did 85% damage.

At +1 an Aerialate ESpeed will be terrifying.

At most it still seems that MixMence will be the best option here. I'm thinking...

-ESpeed/Double Edge/Return
-Fire Blast/Draco Meteor/Hydro Pump(less likely Hydro Pump. Sal OHKO's Gliscor)
-Dragon Dance
-EQ/Outrage/Dragon Claw

Not sure how useful Dragon stab will be for Sal's physical. At this point it looks uber material. It also looks like Mega Aggron might see some use.

Mega Altaria?

SpDef nature Max Spdef max HP.

Roost
Cotton Guard
Fire Blast
Moon Blast/Hyper Voice/Draco Meteor

As a defensive option. 90% Altaria's I've ever faced, which is like 4, ran defensive sets.

For an offensive set...

I'd like to calc things for more accurate EV spreads but for now I'll just go Modest max max.

Fire Blast is a must. Both its stabs can't hurt Steel types.
Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
Hyper Voice/Moon Blast
Hidden Power Ground or even Solar Beam

Last move slots are a little questionable. HP Ground hits Heatran. With Sun Support Solar Beam can hit some potential switch ins like many Water Types or even Mega Swampert. If it doesn't prove useful I might just give it Roost.

I don't really have any comment on Lopunny. Apparently it learns High Jump Kick. To me it seems it'll be limited to maybe at most 2 different sets. Ghost types can't switch in freely anymore so that's cool.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Base stat thoughts...

Mega Altaria
HP: 75
Attack: 100
Defense: 90
SP ATK: 100
SP DEF: 125
Speed: 100
Total: 590

Mega Lopunny
HP: 65
Attack: 126
Defense: 84
SP ATK: 54
SP DEF: 106
Speed: 145
Total: 580

Mega Salamence
HP: 95
Attack: 165
Defense: 90
SP ATK: 130
SP DEF: 90
Speed: 130

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't really have any comment on Lopunny. Apparently it learns High Jump Kick. To me it seems it'll be limited to maybe at most 2 different sets. Ghost types can't switch in freely anymore so that's cool.
Lopunny sadly does not learn High Jump Kick. However it does learn Jump Kick, which at 100 BP + new STAB isn't anything to laugh at. Especially with Scrappy.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/428.shtml

This is Lopunny's current move list, if anyone wishes to dwell deeper into it's potential.

I'd like to point out that it learns Cosmic Power and can obtain Drain Punch (Hopefully it's a move tutor attack in ORAS). I could see a cute gimmick in Mirror Coat, Drain Punch, Cosmic Power, and encore. :laugh:

Top Bottom