• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
It seems like Groudon and Kyogre are getting megas. Hopefully the other two starters too. I hope you can buy the other two stones that you didn't choose like in X and Y. It seems like I'm gonna end up beating the game and collecting the exclusive mega stones just to restart the game and collect the same stones just to trade it for the opposite game stones. It seems that the mega eon duo will appear in these games (and they also seem to be version exclusive if they are).

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I won't say it's safe to say we'll get new mega evos until they are officially announced. Exceptions are Latiasite and Latiosite because they are found in X and Y's data. I won't consider anything as official or real until Nintendo, the Pokemon Company, or serebii.net (or some other reliable, legit source) confirms it.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
E3 + My birthday next month = Pure Awesomeness. I'm totally hyped for ORAS, I just can't wait until they're released. I take immense pride in the fact that I was born in June (the 14th or Flag Day, to be more precise). So many epic things usually come out of it. <3

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile are my wishes for this game

Mega Exploud

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Well, I hope these leave a better impression on me then Emerald did.

I always found Gen 3 to be pretty weak, but I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully they follow X and Y's lead and bring in a lot of pokemon from the other gens, I don't want to run into countless Wingull everywhere again. I also hope the new music is more memorable than what gen 3 had.

There's a lot of room for improvement with gen 3, but the remakes for gens 1 and 2 were great, so I'm expecting good things.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Apparently it has been confirmed Groudon and Kyogre have a form change...I think Kyogre is OP enough without a form change. Maybe the orbs will be holdable items that let them change forms...or there is some other method. I don't think mega evolution because their changes aren't that much different.

I will probably pick Swampert on Alpha Sapphire because I picked him in Sapphire. Not sure about Omega Ruby yet because I picked Sceptile in Emerald but never got Ruby. Blaziken seems like an obvious choice to have the starters correspond with the colors of the versions, but I could just as easily transfer a Speed Boost Torchic from X or Y...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They're not sequels, guys, they're remakes.

I'm too lazy to find where this was said but they've already commented that they're "full-remakes" of the games.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad that they are finally making Gen III remakes! I'm pretty excited to see this game at E3.
I am also hoping that we will see more Mega Evolutions. I bet that there are some Mega Evolutions that we don't even know about in X and Y (some Pokemon like Metagross surprisingly don't have one).

finalark

SNORLAX
Pokemon Ruby is one of my favorite games of all time, so I'm really pumped for this. Hoping for more at E3 this year.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I don't think mega evolution because their changes aren't that much different.
IMO they look different enough to be a mega. Especially when we have mega venusaur to look at. ALthough, I can see it being the held items that are used. Looking at the art for the Pokemon, it could just be a new look to make the games look cooler.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
IMO they look different enough to be a mega. Especially when we have mega venusaur to look at. ALthough, I can see it being the held items that are used. Looking at the art for the Pokemon, it could just be a new look to make the games look cooler.
According to Serebii.net: "The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes"

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I wouldn't be surprised at all if all we got was the Lati@s Mega Stones.

My only hope is a Mega-Metagross with levitate. Metagross is among my favorite designs and I think we're likely to see Mega forms for all the pseudo legendaries at some point.
As awesome as that sounds, I just want Metagross to get the one ability that actually makes sense. It baffles me how it got Light Metal before it got Iron Fist (or even Levitate, since the whole idea was "psychic = floaty"). No other Pokemon with it gets Meteor Mash (Comet Punch in Japanese), so I figured there would eventually be an event one (or an ability change like Scolipede getting Speed Boost). Bullet Punch, Hammer Arm, Power-Up Punch/elemental filler (assuming Move Tutors/the Battle Frontier do indeed return), and if you're really feeling like overkill, Focus Punch.

I wouldn't hold your hopes for a Grass/Dragon Sceptile. While no doubt it makes a little more sense than Electric/Dragon Mega Amph, all of the starter megas thus far have only reinforced their existing identity, not drastically changed it. Sceptile exist as a Reluctant Samurai.
I'd argue Charizard becoming a full-fledged physically-oriented Dragon was more of a stretch than Sceptile being one.

I think a Protean Sceptile is where I would place my money, though due to a weak movepool, pretty much the only advantage Sceptile would have would be picked for would be its Sword Dance set. That set however works best as a surprise, and if that's its only outstanding feature then the set loses its advantage of potentially getting a free turn to setup.
Protean wouldn't do much for either physical or special sets. I'd say Unburden would be sweet if it were still possible (Mega Evolve/"use up" the stone for an automatic full power Acrobatics). Short of becoming a generic Sunny Beamer with either Chlorophyll or Solar Power, the best bet would be a new unique ability. Something that makes it stand a chance against Speed Boost Blaziken, preferably.

I'm notably stumped in what to do with Swampert. There's certainly precedent for tanky Mega pokemon, as we've seen from Mega-Venasaur, so this could potentially work out really well, but I just can't think of any blowout ideas. At his height he was one of my favorite pokemon to play, so I'd love to see him enter back into the realm of playablity. Sadly where he could be buffed the most (HP due to slack off) we know that mega evolutions do not touch. Water Absorb would be nice but not exactly killer. Lightning Rod would be good for doubles certainly, but if I'm being selfish I want him useful for formats I'm interested in.
Sap Sipper/Multiscale or bust.

As for the legendaries, I would find Hydration Kyogre absolutely hilarious. The ideal situation for Kyogre was always to sweep a team with a proper setup prior, and though that's more difficult to do now, imaging the hillarity for Hydration on a pokemon who also causes Rain on entrance is absolutely hilarious to me. It's honestly probably not even that good as the boost to its water attacks provided by damp is what so often let it sweep several pokemon, I can't help but laugh at the potential.
You'd be hard-pressed to find a use for a Mega considering Damp Rock would be better for longevity/team support, while the classic 'Specs/Scarf/LO would probably outdo whatever minor buffs its Special Attack/Speed gets... unless it got Swift Swim. Honestly, I'd love to see something like Mega Mewtwo X, and see it become physically oriented, while Mega Groudon becomes a Special Tank. They wouldn't be very good, but it'd be hilarious seeing them try the "others'" niche.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Seeing as how it hasn't been posted here, I suppose I should bring it to everyone's attention:

It looks as though that this weekend, we will be receiving our first viewing of Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire through the Japanese show "Pokémon Get☆TV" (airing on Sunday, May 11th at 7:30 AM, Japan time). What is to be actually presented, I haven't any idea, but I'm certain that whatever there is will be passed along through some captured screenshots and recordings. With E3 right around the corner, I wouldn't have high expectations or anything, but it'll be pleasant enough for us to see how the game appears and whatever.

Edit: Here's a small list of a few equivalent time-zones:
  • Japan : Sunday @ 7.30AM
  • Europe : Sunday @ 12.30AM (11:30PM on Sunday for UK)
  • US East : Saturday @ 6.30PM
  • US West : Saturday @ 3.30PM

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert should be added to this game, it's pretty much the perfect time to do so. We already have Mega Blaziken, who could get the Charizard/Mewtwo treatment, but I kind of doubt that. I'd also like to see Mega Metagross and Mega Torkoal too.

Outside of Mega Pokemon, I want some move tutors. It'll fun to run Thunder Punch on a bunch of Fire-Types. Also a more in depth character customization. X and Y wasn't bad for a first try, so I can only hope that Game Freak will keep improving.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Gentlemen,

I must say that this confirmation in recent days has got me back into Pokemon. I'm hoping that we can get Mega Swampert in the game, and as usual I'd end up choosing May.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert should be added to this game, it's pretty much the perfect time to do so. We already have Mega Blaziken, who could get the Charizard/Mewtwo treatment, but I kind of doubt that. I'd also like to see Mega Metagross and Mega Torkoal too.

Outside of Mega Pokemon, I want some move tutors. It'll fun to run Thunder Punch on a bunch of Fire-Types. Also a more in depth character customization. X and Y wasn't bad for a first try, so I can only hope that Game Freak will keep improving.
I don't think Blaziken is at the same level of popularity of Charizard and Mewtwo.

Last edited:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The broadcast was yeterday and only showed off Groudon's and Ky's standard models and ability animation. Crocro just pointed out how different their normals versions look from the versions seen at the cover art, hinting at megas or form to be revealed at a later date. They stated to have hard info on the game next month.

D

Deleted member

Aren't we supposed to be getting news in a couple hours?
It happened just yesterday. The Pokemon channel on YouTube posted this yesterday:
I expect that they will show more off at E3, but the cutscene looks nice at least!

Last edited by a moderator:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I hope the rain to sun ratio is evened out. It isn't much of a problem, but it kinda bugged me that when both of them come to life, there was a ton of rain and not enough sun.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I hope the rain to sun ratio is evened out. It isn't much of a problem, but it kinda bugged me that when both of them come to life, there was a ton of rain and not enough sun.
Well it doesn't look like you have much to worry about- Groudon looks like he summons the sun now...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
You don't already own the master race console? What's wrong with you?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Can't believe I'm just finding this thread. XD

I'm wondering how they came up with the titles though. It seems like it would make more sense to have Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire, but maybe I'm missing something.
I believe it has to do with life's origins from the sea. Alpha being first, since Kyogre is a sea dweller, then Groudon being last, since he reshaped the land after the Pokeworld swelled with oceans.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Update: Mega forms of each starter, both Legendaries, and surprisingly Dandice have all been revealed. According to Serebii, all retain their usual types except for Sceptile who gains Dragon type like many here had hoped.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
lol, mega Swampert looks weird IMO. Where did you get the pictures from? If these are legit, I am definitely going for mega Sceptile and I'm gonna waste all pokemiles on rare candies to evolve it right away

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mega Diancie was definitely unexpected ($5 says it'll appear in the upcoming movie), hopefully this means more Mega Gen 6 Pokemon. Am liking Mega Sceptile and Swampert.

Am really only disliking all the new character redesigns bar Steven.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Interesting that we have our first black pokemon player character. Hoping the girl outfit means we can wear two layers of shorts.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Mega Sceptile is awesome looking! I was already planning on picking him, but now I am really excited to be picking him. Mega Swampert clearly spends time in the gym.
Those "Mega" Forms of Groudon and Kyogre also seem to be something closer to Giratina's Origin forme. It doesn't have the mega stone symbol in the picture for them.
Also I keep hearing complaints about the trainers clothes and I kinda agree with alot of them, then I remember X and Y lets you customize your trainer. Hopefully that carries over to these games.
Also why does Steven have a fire pokemon? I love Charizard and Steven is cool, but he is a steel trainer. Give him Mega Aggron. Or Mega Metagross.. yes... make that happen.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Mega Sceptile is definitely one of the better looking Megas... Looks like I'm going with Treecko this time.
Mega Swampert doesn't look all that bad either.
Mega Blazekin is still "meh."
Mega Diancie is random, but whatever.
Glad I was right about the box art Groudon/Kyogre being Mega forms.
The new May redesign looks incredibly stupid... Talk about a downgrade.
I like how Team Aqua are all black people now. lol

That's all I got.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Not a fan of the ability on mega sceptile. I don't like mega swamperts design, but the ability can be useful i guess.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Sorry, I just had to... :awesome:

Anyways, I'm kind of disappointed in the trainer designs, not with the clothes, but with them, in general. Like May's designed seems awkward to me and I just can't explain why, though.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
So, more news eh? Excellent. Wont be long before we actually get to play the games ourselves.

Anyways, I'm kind of disappointed in the trainer designs, not with the clothes, but with them, in general. Like May's designed seems awkward to me and I just can't explain why, though.
You're not the only one. I liked the old designs better. The male trainer looks waaaay too cartoony? for my tastes.

I swear. If these games don't have contests I will rage.

Top Bottom