• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

Smash Champion
wtf i thought 308 was far west... i honestly didnt know that it started over by GI... gg :(

oh and link looks like he will be top tier in brawl... charging up the UpB??!?!?! rigged.

Uli

Smash Champion
ROCK YOU LIKE A TORNADOO

DUNDUNDUN DUNDUN DUNDUNDUNDUN

on a snerious nottee

no one is quiting, JEEEZ more like a break b/c we dont no what to expect outa college you know :D

SOOOO whoss all AAAACreeepn this des moines tournyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Fall

Smash Ace
Echo I thought that too especially with boomerang that pulls opponent?? double you tee ef, anyway gonna have smash64 there on saturday if anyone is interested

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
Ill try to make it to the tournament. If I go, my mom and sister is prob gonna end up coming along too because they wanna go shopping. Ill also ask Matt if he wants to go, totally forgot about him. Also, whose samus is sloopin in that video on MTKD's profile?

Uli

Smash Champion
me and slik are going with tyser to this des moines tourny, therefore everyone else should go

so like is your mom and sis coming in the same car tyswer?

Echo

Smash Champion
Ben, you may just want to go with Uli and Slik and them, I dont know if I'm gonna be able to go to Des Moines anymore... alot of moving stuff goin on man :(

i'll find out in the next couple days for sure though.

macaroni pizza

Smash Journeyman
its all good
i survived a day in chicago without any clue of what i waz gonna do or how to get home spending only $200

and i survived being left at the venue 2 nights in a row.
thanks caitlin for that one.

Secks.

Smash Ace
Ah, well I'm still contemplating about going too. I'm not exactly sure if my funds will be able to support a tourny after all the **** I've had to buy for UNL. So I'll know for sure about going in a couple of days.

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah i hear ya... we may just have to say nah to this one huh =( oh well theres always next time.

edit - looks like they actually confirmed diddy kong in brawl today... guess its not surprising

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Currently doing a Qualia study and I'm bored out of my ****ing mind gotta do 2 8 day stays and like 4 returns. But I'm gettin 6k for it though so its kinda cool I guess. Whats up with the rest of you fools though

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
They test new medicine and **** on people and pay them alot for it. It's mostly like really poor people and college kids that do it. It's actually slightly dangerous, a couple people in Britain died last year doing one but odds are Leon will survive :-P

Sounds like Megan got crusted.

And college? I thought you guys were in HS?

Echo

Smash Champion
personally i liked drephens the best... and i laughed too hard at trails for no reason

JiggsIsMyHero

Smash Cadet
Hey there, Omaha smash-folk. I'm a die-hard smasher from Upstat NY (Rochester) who just relocated to Lincoln. Anyone mind filling me in on the dates/times of local or Omaha tournies? I'm willing to travel for my addiction!

Edit: Oh yeah, and jiggs is not in fact my hero... I actually can't stand jiggs, but I made this ****ed name when I was still a scrub... so meh. :)

JiggsIsMyHero

Smash Cadet
Very cool. How experienced are you guys? I've been to a handful of national tournies around (Cat3, Pound2 and a couple big regional tournies). Never placed in any of the big ones, but I consider myself a relatively skilled player. Nearly beat Doll in Peach dittos, play routinely and competitively with Pikapika (a Rochester smasher who has placed in the teens and better at a bunch of big tournies). So, in short, I'm not the best, but rather good. How do I match up?

Echo

Smash Champion
well, J.I.M.H... (for lack of anything else to call you lol), get hold of me on AIM tomororw or friday or somethin if you want, my s/n is ssbxecho. I think theres gonna be another tourney in announced in Omaha in a couple weeks or so, i'm not sure, but if you're interested at all in traveling, we go to other tournies in other states all the time. Rochester has some pretty good players around, doesnt it? It'd be cool to get to play someone from NY since we've never really gotten a chance cuz of the distance.

Like Secks said, he's going to be in lincoln and he has been gettin pretty big in the smash scene, which is really good we definetely need more people that show interest like that. I'm pretty sure they run alot of things around there at the university there but i dont know exactly how many people get into it. Other than that, everyone is pretty much goin on in Omaha, which is like a little less than an hour from Lincoln.

but yeah like i said i can talk to you on AIM about any upcoming get-togethers or anything if you like, alot of them are just random, but sometimes we actually do plan ahead lol

macaroni pizza

Smash Journeyman
ill be in lincoln
and i didct get crusted by chicago.
i got a ticket that waz a little less then 800 for 160

chicago waz fun.
im probably getttin a job from mlg now
so orlando is the next event and they will pay for hotel, plane, food, and 300 is the starting pay to watch video games all weekend.
plus its at disney world

Secks.

Smash Ace
Yeah, what Echo said. I'll be in Lincoln tomorrow. So if you want, we could probably try to arrange some smashing Fri or Sat. Doesn't look like I'll be going to Des Moines so I'll be wanting to smash either way. Hey Echo If it looks like you can't go to Des Moinse come down to Lincoln so we can smash it up with J.I.M.H. If you have the chance. I'm going to talk to Kirk too to see about tournies and crap. So yeah just keep in touch within the next couple of days.

Whoa that sounds like an awesome job. I want it. Hope to see ya up in Lincoln in the next few days Megan.

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
Bienvenido a Nebraska Jiggs... La esperanza para verle en parte del tournies próximo (Ninguno Atm yo pienso :S.).. En otra nota, Ive fue crusting en aplasta los últimos días y las dudas de havin de Im acerca del tourny ahora a causa de la corteza. El capellán del m todavía necesidad de doesnt que mí ir al tourny también tan Enfermo tiene que hacer un trato o somethin.

Echo

Smash Champion
Hey Echo If it looks like you can't go to Des Moinse come down to Lincoln so we can smash it up with J.I.M.H. If you have the chance.
This doesnt sound like a bad idea at all, seeing as I'm pretty sure I can't go to the des moines thing. What day did you have in mind?

JiggsIsMyHero

Smash Cadet
Hehehe. Some of the best Spanglish I've heard in a long while.

As for smash this weekend, I think it's probably necessary. A tourney would be great b/c I need money :p, but smashfests are just as good. I have a rather spacious apartment if we need a venue and a decent 27" tv front and center in the living room (Used to have a 3-tv setup that I might have to bring back if smashfests with more than a couple people are going to go down). Lemme throw down some info so you guys can reach me:

SN: dopetastic
email: ablazier@gmail.com
cell # (who puts their cell number on a forum page?): 716.417.6232

Oh, and my sig is Spara (easier than JIMH, eh?) and my real name is Tony.

Secks.

Smash Ace
We can talk to Kirk about getting people ect. and if Tony has a place I can bring a setup ect. Sometime this weekend. I mean I'm moving in today so I should be settled in by tomorrow. And if you can't we can always schedule next week or something.

Tyser, that was classic..... lol. I mean I'm fluent, but I didn't really know wtf you were trying to get acrossed. So your crusting out of Des Moines cause you might be sick? Anyway, if you are you should come down this weekend if we do plan on having this smash fest here in Lincoln. Bring Uli and the gang. xD

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
Hehehe. Some of the best Spanglish I've heard in a long while.
I used hax... Used a translater.... IM A FONY A BIG FAT FONY!!!!

edit: I think that translator was massively ******** so yeah (Ive used it to hax in school before and it failed me).. But I might not be able to go to the tourny because my padre said he doesnt want me to waste my time on a video game but Ill try and work smoething out.. If I go then Slik and Uli are comin so yeah :D

Echo

Smash Champion
A tourney would be great b/c I need money :p, but smashfests are just as good.
I look forward to meeting you, Tony, but that honestly did make me laugh out loud. ;]

oh and some of us cant fire up games friday and saturday because we have to work like normal humans lol... i'm interested in the lincoln thing though... either sat/sun night should work for me.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
any of you guys going to iowa western or know anyone who plays smash who is? Or, since IW is really close to Omaha.. when is the next smash action going down.. probably after Des Moines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom