• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
Im done with Melee. If i ever play it again, im playing DK and im not gonnna lcancel or wavedash. Im gonna play like everyone plays brawl. Spam smash moves.

jcaw03

Smash Rookie
I'm hopin to find some more people that play.. So whats the deal here in Nebraska? We brawl, melee, or just do whatever comes naturally?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I kinda abandoned Melee quite some time ago. Really I never got into the whole AT enough to make a real different in my overall game during Melee's timeframe. Massive comboing really never works very well for me so I don't mind having to take a different approach.

Waddle

Smash Ace
I'm hopin to find some more people that play.. So whats the deal here in Nebraska? We brawl, melee, or just do whatever comes naturally?
Some of us still play Melee. Then only a few of us are playing Brawl because it's such a bad game.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
lol yeah that quote's poop. I'm down for a tourney haha....we should have a hybrid tourney. First 2/3 is Melee. Second 2/3 is Brawl. If it's tied 1-1, it goes to Paper Rock Scissors.

Tyser is you're going to play Melee spamming smashes....DK is the last char you want lol. I'd say....Samus?

Waddle

Smash Ace
I chose DK because he's almost as bad as King Rigged if he doesnt Lcancel and stuff lol. And I woulda chosen like Fox or Marth if I wanted me some spammed smash moves.
Ill add you Joker, Imma poop. And this is Tyser incase you nubs didnt know.

Uli

Smash Champion
since most of us are on spring break next week, we should tttotally kreep games and wut not

and joker ill add yoouu!!

Tsucasa13

Smash Rookie
Please add me. I've added these people, the ones that I could find brawl codes for on this thread.

Dragon7507
Uli
CaptainLove911
E P I C
jcaw03
Mike Falco lover
Waddle
DraginHikari
Joker490Frozen
KyloWinter
NOVA1106
kamikaze falco
Schism
Echo
tsukihimeblood
Big Burn
AttackstorM
BOLT08
only1Z
llcoolbrotha

Thanks

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I've added these people who still need to resigster me so you know XD

Tsucasa13
Dragon7507
CaptainLove911
KyloWinter
NOVA1106
Schism
Echo
tsukihimeblood
Big Burn

Waddle

Smash Ace
Nah mang, Samus is the worst character Melee has to offer. She should be garbage tier.
Anyways, me n Matt got some gewd games yesterday :). Good luck at the Creighton tourny fhegs.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
I dunno, I know, as of now, its not that friendly to being tourney worthy, but I think its far from horrible. Its smash, it would be tough to make this game horrible. I have faith though, that it will get better, as far as skill dependency to win a match. And if anything, its still fun the way it is. I had my bro in law over last night, and we played for a few hours. He is far from technical, but it was still a blast. And even toward the end we turned on smash balls, star rods, and sticky bombs, and threw in 2 lvl 9 cpu's, and just had fun. So, all I can say, is that no matter what the game offers for competitive tournaments and the like, it will still be fun. And if you don't think so, then just go back and play melee.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I dunno, I know, as of now, its not that friendly to being tourney worthy, but I think its far from horrible. Its smash, it would be tough to make this game horrible. I have faith though, that it will get better, as far as skill dependency to win a match. And if anything, its still fun the way it is. I had my bro in law over last night, and we played for a few hours. He is far from technical, but it was still a blast. And even toward the end we turned on smash balls, star rods, and sticky bombs, and threw in 2 lvl 9 cpu's, and just had fun. So, all I can say, is that no matter what the game offers for competitive tournaments and the like, it will still be fun. And if you don't think so, then just go back and play melee.
Meh, overall I'm just a little grumpy right now as far as dealing with alot on this forum,simply because that's all I've seen things about here and elsewhere lately. I understand the state of Brawl in the competitive nature, and not having been extremely deep into Melee for a majority of the time it's metagame existed I guess I don't completely get it.

But I find it more obinixous then anything for someone to blantly rip at a game because it doesn't suit their personal perspective of what they think a game should be. I've seen awful lot of posts around lately that just say: Brawl Sucks or doesn't suck because it blah blah blah, subjects debating that are becoming as common as the Casual vs. Competitive debates which were just as obinixous.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Meh, overall I'm just a little grumpy right now as far as dealing with alot on this forum,simply because that's all I've seen things about here and elsewhere lately. I understand the state of Brawl in the competitive nature, and not having been extremely deep into Melee for a majority of the time it's metagame existed I guess I don't completely get it.

But I find it more obinixous then anything for someone to blantly rip at a game because it doesn't suit their personal perspective of what they think a game should be. I've seen awful lot of posts around lately that just say: Brawl Sucks or doesn't suck because it blah blah blah, subjects debating that are becoming as common as the Casual vs. Competitive debates which were just as obinixous.
Well, I was trying to agree with you :psycho:. I play melee competitively. Not as much as before I was married, but with a day or so of practicing again, could be back to a competitive level. My point is though, I still like brawl. I do have hopes that the AT's will be found, but no matter what I will play brawl and have fun, because thats the point of a game.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well, I was trying to agree with you :psycho:. I play melee competitively. Not as much as before I was married, but with a day or so of practicing again, could be back to a competitive level. My point is though, I still like brawl. I do have hopes that the AT's will be found, but no matter what I will play brawl and have fun, because thats the point of a game.
Hehe I suppose the quoting was more unnecessary since my post didn't really relate to the post you made anyway that's what I get for posting when I'm in a fowl mood XD

Waddle

Smash Ace
1) Wifi is horrible and shouldnt be played.
2) Brawl is more fun on FFA with friends.
3) The real test of skill in Brawl is 'when to use your FS'.
4) I got 2nd at the Creighton Tourny :_).

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
1) Wifi is horrible and shouldnt be played.
2) Brawl is more fun on FFA with friends.
3) The real test of skill in Brawl is 'when to use your FS'.
4) I got 2nd at the Creighton Tourny :_).
I find I disagree with your first three points. But to each his own I guess.

Waddle

Smash Ace
I do because they're awesome. But seriously, Brawl is more fun with them on :_). And Im gonna poop on people at this FFC :_).

EDIT: I hope you newbs know who this is btw because you fail if you dont.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
could it be a tysa?

yo me and bolt can't come because we hate this game.

btw lucas could be the best in the game.

he has the best over all smashes in the game, gotta figure out my man mah dudes.

Top Bottom