• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Hey mah, you guys suck mah.

EDIT: Whose Dragin? Have I met this dood b4?
Just a random person who lives in Nebraska that doens't have a competitive reputation because he didn't know competitive Smash existed till about seven months ago.

Yea all around don't mind me :laugh:

K

kmoe

First post on these forums :DD...anyway I'm just kinda looking for some people to play with since the "Play with anyone" feature always ends up being a terrible lag fest. I'm probably not very good compared to most of the people on these forums but I think i will play this game quite a bit so maybe i can change that. :D

Wii code: 4603-1133-9570-7642
Brawl code: 4983-4654-0268

Ill be looking forward to playing with some of you guys.

t0xikpink

Smash Rookie
Just a random person who lives in Nebraska that doens't have a competitive reputation because he didn't know competitive Smash existed till about seven months ago.

Yea all around don't mind me :laugh:

lol im sorry but, lol who are you? lol and when did you randomly appear in this thread?

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
A lot of people are realizing that Melee is the superior game as I predicted it would be. Feels good to be right. Like the dude Scar says in the thread...I like playin the game. It's fun to play with my friends. Especially with items on and 4 players. But as far as how competitive this game can be, can people achieve an exceptional skill level...naw mayne.

And like I also said before...it's not hard to see why this happened. Nintendo's taking this **** to the bank hardcore. They're gonna sell so many copies of this game it's not even funny. Personally, I can hate on them for it. But if I look at it objectively it's not hard at all to see why this happened. Sales is the bottom line and that's all there is to it. It's all about the paper baby.

Fall....I'm down. 5 stock, best 3/5? The better player will likely win!

Uli

Smash Champion
ness would be king in brawl if he had jump cancel and yoshy would be a lot better if he had it O.O

idk who im maining in this game D:

Waddle

Smash Ace
King Rigged (Dedede) and Spamus 4 Me. Maybe a little Olimar and Fox in the mix every now and then. And LOL at Bolt because that is very very true :_).

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well i guess the people who wants to stick with Melee is fine, the reason people don't like Brawl is because is a NEW GAME. It's not Melee 2, just because they took the time to learn all this technical stuff on Melee they don't want to spend it on Brawl. Because it hasn't been said enough.

I have heard some of them say "I know is not another Melee, I know is a different game" Well apparently they don't know, because the people i have heard after they play Brawl is "I don't like the game it doesn't play like Melee" that's just it. I have heard this from most people in the boards for one, and at the Lincoln tourney for Example. Also the game needs to be play with a different playing style u don't go and play Brawl like Melee it just doesn't work

The other thing is, Brawl just came out people(for us) it hasn't even been 2 weeks and people are already hating it

Well that's that and I'm not going to say anything else cause people are still going to compare Melee with Brawl and were going to keep going in circles.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
so im ready for a brawl tourny. whos gonna hve one?i cant do wifi right at the moment cause its not working.so a tourny would be good:)

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Actually the reason people don't like t is because they dumbed down the gameplay to make everything more noob friendly and the result is a far less competitive game. Nobody has been able to successfully argue that BRawl is more competitive and they won't be able to because the fact is the gameplay depth is crap compared to Melee.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
i agree with mo's post they made brawl just to have fun and too make money,they didnt make it to be competitively im not feeling this game that much but ill still play it just cause its kind've fun.
tripping=cheap KO :(

BOLT08

Smash Lord
yeah im gonna agree with mo on this one. And obviously it's not melee 2, but what else do we have to compare it to?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I lost interest in Melee like a year or so before Brawl came out, can't really bring myself to go back to it really. I guess if everyone goes back to Melee I guess I'll still be the one sticking out with Brawl regardless if nothing changes.

Guess not enough competitive perspective in me for the state of the game as it stands to bother me :laugh:

Top Bottom