• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Secks.

Smash Ace
Lesnar beat an old man. After the Nog vs. Mir fight, the winner is going to fight against Lesnar. If Lesnar wins that fight then Ill have a little more respect for Lesnar, but as of now, he's just a big man who has no real MMA talent IMHO. Way too one dimensional. You can give him months and months but I dont see his ground game excelling at all; the dude is way to big for an effective ground game. If he fights any BJJ fighter consider him a dead man.
I agree. Btw I don't think Couture was hardly gassed after the first round if anyone looked like they were getting dominated it was Lesnar he was the one breathing hard. I only saw Lesnar trade hits with Couture and a few phantoms on Lesnar. lol I still think that match up was absurd if we wana see **** like that put Lesnar vs Kimbo or some **** thats something I'd wana watch with no real substance.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Randomly? It's thanksgiving break come Thursday night for me. And I'm trying to get a ride from ISU to Jokers saturday, if I don't I might just try to get a ride back thursday night and find a ride back up to des moines saturday.

But I will only be back for about a week, gotta visit my uncles i guess.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Lesnar took couture's hits like they weren't even a big deal.

face it, whoever fights him in a year is done games.

tyser i know you disagree with me and i disagree with you secks.

when the tiem comes and i know more i might agree with you, but as of right now agree to disagree.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
well jbm, my plans may have changed. folks want dinner on saturday. id still be able to come down there just not with you folks on friday.
what time is it gonna start around?

BOLT08

Smash Lord
so does that mean their is an open spot now in ur car jbm? I might end up trying to get back to town earlier..
Also tyser or smeesh u want to team for joker's?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I have fought several people when i was smaller, granted it was awhile ago, but i'm much bigger and stronger. Stronger than most people, ALot of people so i'm sure you wouldn't understand why my POV is the way it is.

K smeesh i better see you there at jokers, it starts at 12 i think.

Tyser

Smash Champion
I dont understand why you being big and everything means that you think Lesnar is a better fighter than the greats of MMA though :S. That logic confuses me.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Ok, Tyser, i bet you can't even bench what you weigh, i almost bench double my weight, + i'm 40-60 lbs heavier than you. thats like the fight kinda between fighters against brock lesnar. even if you had that mma fighting and **** if we got into it it'd be really hard for you to beat me, because i outpower you by so much and i out weigh you.

That is what MMA fighters have to face when going against brock lesnar. sure, the best are probably used to it, but he is a genetic maniac who has been on steroids once before in WWE (i'm claiming). If this doesn't get you to understand where i'm coming from about it then idk what will and i give up.

Tyser

Smash Champion
This coming from a dude who didnt know who Fedor was until 2 days ago... sigh... But anyways, I can careless about my physical strength and everything also. That is irrelavent in this conversation. Your justification has nothing to do with MMA. Youre just saying what a typical newb to MMA would say. "That dude is big, hes gonna automatically win because he's big ONLY. No skill, he's just big." That logic makes no sense when you talk to an MMA pro. Do you understand how many different fighting styles there are on this planet besides just pounding someone's face in mindlessly? Some one dimensional fighter will never be great because their weaknesses are insanely obvious. You have no idea man.

EDIT: I dunno why youre comparing me to you also. Be more realistic. Im a good 50-60 lbs less than you are and we are not in the same weight class. Lesnar and Couture are in the same weight class. Your analogy made absolutely no sense.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Look, i am asking you to stop because i've asked you to stop before when i told you agree to disagree..

i disagree with you and that is all. don't try and change my mind, i'm not trying to change yours. i am doing what you've asked of me and that is to explain myself as to where i am coming from.

LOL also i just got actually into UFC 2 days ago so thats my excuse for not knowing who fedor was, he is a beast though.

Tyser

Smash Champion
But, you retaliated to my analogy post that was pretty harmless. I just retaliated right back. That's how this started up again. But yeah dude, this is just a harmless argument. I just seem a little hostile when I talk about things that Im too good at is all.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
You also stated it last night.

Why would you need to put it on the boards?

To be honest i found it insulting tyser. I consider you one of my friends. Show some respect i respect your POV, you on the other hand aren't because your not seeing mine.

What is this N word?

Tyser

Smash Champion
Like Ive said in the past, I can be an asshole a lot of the time. When I feel strongly about something, the wrong shit comes out of my mouth (or my fingers typing). I meant no offense or nothing really. Im an Internet Bully is all :p ♥ JBM.

Secks.

Smash Ace
Well all I'm going to say is that I agree with what Tyser says. I generally know what it takes to be a wrestler I used to lift with them... and I know the kind of **** it takes to be a strong man I nerd the **** out of Worlds Strongest Man ask Mo. And I have also been into MMA for the better half of the last 3-4 years and into Worlds Strongest Man for longer. What Tyser says is pretty relevant. I don't know the convo you have had with Tyser JBM. But as far as I know he has very valid points. Thats my opinion you can choose to accept or deny it. This should be enough on that topic, lets just squash it. Btw Lesnar isn't the only person to attempt into MMA from being very good at his sport. You can go look up Butter Bing and the one Wrestler dude that beat the Russian Wrestler to get the gold Medal couple of years back. The Russian dude didn't get a single point scored on him for like years. I forget the name of the guy but both tried MMA and weren't successful.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Dont forget about Bob Sapp! LMFAO! Although he was a football player :S but still.

Watch this. It's hilarious. Proof that a big fighter can be taken down with relative ease.

I wanna watch Lesnar vs. Sapp now. LMFAO!

BOLT08

Smash Lord
tyser, i am not paying for ur entry fee. Either pay to have fun or pay to win.

Or I'll literally hang you by ur intestines. <3

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
lol Ben wtf are you being serious that you think Couture won the first round? Go to Sherdog.com, premier MMA news site, all 3 of their writers scored the first round for Lesnar :-P

Top Bottom