• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
your so biased its unbelieveable. Lesnar is way strong, great striking, good enough to put couture down in one hit in the head. ALSO, Lesnar is SOOOO fast for 285 and he's uber strong. PLUS his hand is bigger than alot of peoples head's.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
What's wrong with Lesnar beating Couture? He's huge, strong, and a very good athlete. Fedor would indeed dominate Lesnar at this point though, he's just not technical enough to stand a chance. At the rate he's improving though, he could be good enough to challenge Fedor in a year or so. lol and Lesnar's striking is far from great. He has no hand speed...

Huskers pooped!

Tyser

Smash Champion
I understand that Lesnar is super strong, but you need more than brute strength to win in MMA. Yeah he hit Couture with ONE good punch but that doesnt make his striking "great." Also, do realize he fought an old geezer who hasnt fought in over a year. Lesnar is pretty fast for 285 Ill admit, but that still means he's gonna be too slow for a super fast guy at 230 (Fedor). But seriously, if Fedor and him fought, Fedor would either beat him with strikes to embarrass Lesnar or he'd just play it safe and make Lesnar tap out. I cant believe youre doubting Fedor right now. (-) Respekt.

Also,

lol and Lesnar's striking is far from great. He has no hand speed...
This.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
It could help that i don't understand how great fedor is because i don't really know who he is, but Lesnar is HUGE, strong and so fast for his weight. all i have to say is if he gets him down on the ground and starts doing hammer fist, its OVER.

No one stands a chance.

Tyser

Smash Champion
all i have to say is if he gets him down on the ground and starts doing hammer fist, its OVER.

No one stands a chance.
That's what Mark Coleman thought. He got arm barred shitless . . . twice.
Power =/= Win.

It could help that i don't understand how great fedor is because i don't really know who he is.
You shouldnt type in this thread anymore.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Tyser, i'm about 40-50 lbs heavier than you, and my strength level is elite for my body weight. if we did, well you should know the outcome.

Come do O.F.C with me.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Okay, I just watched the Lesnar/Couture fight and I am not impressed at all. Lesnar's right hand can be seen 10 country miles away. His ground game was basically him laying on top of Randy for a good 3 straight minutes and getting gassed for no reason. Lesnar has such little stamina its crazy. The dude is strong but Randy seemed to not have a big problem with that. Plus Couture seemed scared the entire time they fought. If Couture had fought like when he fought Silvia he woulda shit on Lesnar hands down (johns). When Noguiera and Lesnar fight, expect Lesnar to get beaten easy as hell. I will at least. I hate Brock Lesnar.

*waits for Arlovski vs. Fedor now

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Why do you hate lesnar? Randy couldn't control him so he was getting overpowered most of the time. So what if he got pushed against the fence Lesnar did that on purpose to regain stamina.

I'm telling you guys, Time = Leaner, Better cardio Lesnar.

if they want to take this dude down they better do it quick.

Tyser

Smash Champion
No, just no. There is a reason why big men arent that great in MMA. They cant last 3 rounds tops without being completely juiced.

cue

Smash Journeyman
hey i have Tuesday-Wednesday off this week. lookiin to play smash so hit me up. either smash

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Lesnar has crazy size and his athleticism is great (NCAA champion) so he has the talent to become the top heavyweight. He is just too raw right now to realistically challenge a legend like Fedor. Yes, Couture is a legend too but he is undoubtedly on the decline of his career. When Lesnar is more seasoned with more training and fights, he will be a monster. He dominated Couture the entire fight.

I think Nog would probably sub him if they fought right now but who knows how much better Lesnar will be by the time they meet? Remember, he has only four fights right now.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
****IT JBM. I'm going to have my bag and laundry with it! Kick someone out, just leave Ian on the side of the road.

Secks.

Smash Ace
I agree with Tyser, JBM I already told you that Lesnar is not impressive what so ever. Its almost insulting they gave him a title shot already. Couture had the match won easily but he got rocked with that knee and then got hit hard by one punch. The most impressive game I've seen on Lesnar is his hammer punches which required Couture to be pretty much defenseless. I have a good feeling whoever fights him next will **** on Lesnars heart. Hes going to be a mediocre fighter. Hes got potential but he has to do so much more to get to that point. He was in terrible shape for a title shot look how gassed he gets. Hes also lacking a striking game by far. Comparable to most heavy weights hes slow, his take downs are fast but thats about it. Anyone smart enough to contend for the belt will know how to defend on the ground anyway. Lesnar would just gas out trying to ground and pound anyone. IMO I think the match up was all publicity. They should have really given someone who deserves the belt a shot.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
lol Couture was getting owned the whole time. Lesnar easily won the first round then he crushed him in the second round, what more do you want?

Tyser

Smash Champion
Lesnar beat an old man. After the Nog vs. Mir fight, the winner is going to fight against Lesnar. If Lesnar wins that fight then Ill have a little more respect for Lesnar, but as of now, he's just a big man who has no real MMA talent IMHO. Way too one dimensional. You can give him months and months but I dont see his ground game excelling at all; the dude is way to big for an effective ground game. If he fights any BJJ fighter consider him a dead man.

Top Bottom