• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I had a ton of fun at JBM's little gathering of the melee faithful. Hopefully we can get another one of these together before the end of the summer.

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
I would host one but here are the problems.
I only have 1 setup with 8 seats. It's a condo in the old market to space for more setups is limited. Also, parking can be a *****.

Uli

Smash Champion
dood, lets play at the old market, set up and MM people, we could make soooo much money :D

Tyser

Smash Champion
Im gonna start trying to nerd Brawl because HugS is playing Brawl :-). Also, summer school is only a month long, WTFux?!?!

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
おっくせんまん!

This is torture! I want my PSP back Echo! I know its revenge for your pillow we accidentally took.:laugh:

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i hate sheik vs falcon, seriously the ***** can just throw moves and its done games.

thats why i play fox, he is the best char in the game

Echo

Smash Champion
Melee will never die.

also yeah Melee was too good last weekend we need to set something up soon... if we're expecting the same turnout I'm sure Ian's place will work... but hopefully we can start a movement or something. OBAMA STYLE BABY

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
that was ****ing funny *** hell son. ohh and I ****ing hate brawl dude like i never wanna play that game again. like people dont get buck over ther little ****ty *** combos in brawl not like in melee. I miss that **** for thoses of you who witnessed this greatness first hand at FC 3 you should agree with me. Like brawl its just not a fun game. It just does'nt move me like melee did. I will admit teams in brawl is pretty fun for some odd reason but singles is just dried out boring bull**** lets see who can land the last hit when we both at 150% plus in a ****ing 5 min match is crazy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tw9FBiDCx0U&feature=related

cue

Smash Journeyman
that man two spots above me is just sad about what when down at the last tournie :(

Tyser

Smash Champion
Everyone knows this already man. Brawl sux. It's been done games for a millenium falcon. But Im still gonna play it because HugS plays it :-D.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
People just dont like Brawl because now u have to work for ur kills and cant have cheap kills like Marth in Melee for example forward grab in to a tip then ledge hog around 15% or Fox's shine around the same damage, u can also combo in Brawl people just need to learn how the game actually works

Big Burn

Smash Lord
brawl is garbage... i am not even going to supplement that statement with anything to back it up because its seems unnecessary at this point. anybody with any credibility in the smash scene knows the truth. i played brawl for a while trying to hold on to any lingering hope that it might be a good competetive game, alas it is just not meant to be.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
lol work for a kill? You don't think it was hard work for Ken to learn how to combo like that? You think M2K can 0-death Falco with Fox by accident? You got it completely turned around...in Melee you had to work really hard to get that good that's why it got where it got....the best players were rewarded.

Btw if you think all you gotta do to win in Melee is forward throw fsmash and edgehog with Marth or shine kill with Fox (lmao...) go ahead and go to any Melee tourney and see if it works. My money says it won't....

cue

Smash Journeyman
i'm going to be consistent so hows that random? :)

its true brawl doesnt really need you to have good excution but i mean thats where mind games come in as you smashers like to say.... you guys should really stop crying and caring what others think so much for real

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
brawl is a bad game, if people were just not ****ing lazy to learn tech skill in melee then people would realize how great of a game it is.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
brawl is a bad game, if people were just not ****ing lazy to learn tech skill in melee then people would realize how great of a game it is.
Or maybe people aren't lazy. They just don't want to spend time learning a game where there are only tournaments for it once in a blue moon. Also wall teching brawl > melee wall teching.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
brawl sux dude it just actual factuals of it. I saw darkrain almost lose to some random 9 year old in brawl there is no excuse for that. brawl is just not a fun game everthing that was loved about melee no longer exists.

Top Bottom