• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Rob you argue this all the time.

Your just mad that David and I have better taste in games with the world than you. Super Metroid is and will always be number 1 on best snes game of all time.

Off the top of my head

Super Metroid
LTTP
Super Mario World OHHELLNOTHISGAMESUCCCKKKKSSSSSS
Super Mario collection
Mega Man x and x2

Best SNES games imo
Fixed it for you. For real though, Mario World is ****.

Also you all left out Mario Kart. SNES version da bessss.

... if you start trolling after I was trolling we are gonna end up in an infinite troll loop and that's when people get hurt

be more careful with your posts
Okay let's look at what Rob said:

I bet the band that inspired that post was made my a corporate machine and also had like 3 good songs and are a giant hype machine.
Holy **** that's not trolling at all, it's the truth!

resTy

Smash Champion
My favorite in town is Gold Mountain, which is just a little bit north of 156th and Maple. It's right next to Tanner's. It's a Chinese place with a pretty nice variety of things to eat. You can get dim sum, traditional Chinese cuisine, American Chinese cuisine, and/or Viet soups such as pho. The place is pretty small so if you go at a busy hour, you might have to wait a second to be seated.

This place is by far the best in my opinion, but there is also Saigon (west of 120th and Center near Nobbies) and Kimson (north of 78th and Dodge pretty close to Old Chicago) who are okay but they're inconsistent when it comes to the quality of their dishes. Some days, they'll be godlike and others you'll wish you just made your own noodles at home.

Hope that helps a little.

Uli

Smash Champion
My favorite in town is Gold Mountain, which is just a little bit north of 156th and Maple. It's right next to Tanner's. It's a Chinese place with a pretty nice variety of things to eat. You can get dim sum, traditional Chinese cuisine, American Chinese cuisine, and/or Viet soups such as pho. The place is pretty small so if you go at a busy hour, you might have to wait a second to be seated.

This place is by far the best in my opinion, but there is also Saigon (west of 120th and Center near Nobbies) and Kimson (north of 78th and Dodge pretty close to Old Chicago) who are okay but they're inconsistent when it comes to the quality of their dishes. Some days, they'll be godlike and others you'll wish you just made your own noodles at home.

Hope that helps a little.
thi s

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
I took JBM and some other gamers to Gold Mountain once.

Also, I heard Vietnamese Asian Restaurant on 72nd just south of Dodge is pretty good.

resTy

Smash Champion
I've only been to that particular Vietnamese Restaurant twice in my entire life. It wasn't that great. The owner bragged to my dad about how they had the best egg rolls in the Midwest and we were disappointed with the result. Their pho was sub-par; comparable to Saigon and Kimson on their bad days. Perhaps we went on a bad day though. They might have gotten better in the last 5-6 years I guess. I might even have to hit that place up again now :S

resTy

Smash Champion
Gold Mountain's pho is different than most pho in my opinion because theirs is very sweet in comparison to, let's say, Pho888 in Des Moines and the pho I eat in Minnesota. Honestly, it depends on your taste. If you like a sweet pho, you'll enjoy Gold Mountain; if you don't, maybe you won't. Only way to find out is to try it out. The quality of ingredients in their pho is pretty legit either way though.

As for bubble tea... I normally get mine at The Tea Smith which is right next door to Kimson. White folks make it instead of Asians, which sounds whack at first, but they do a pretty good job. I like this place because they have unique flavors during certain seasons as well as a standard list of flavors that are there year around. You also get a choice of "Bubble Milk," which is the sort of beverage you're used to seeing when you get a bubble tea; shake-like. Or "Bubble Tea," which is a transparent liquid rather than a shake-like beverage. Both come with a choice between coconut shavings, jelly shavings, or Boba (tapioca balls). The bubble tea here is approx. $4.04 which is slightly higher than other places in town.

Other places you can get a bubble tea are Saigon, Kimson, and in Westroads Mall (there's a fastfood sushi vendor that also makes bubble tea; unsure if they still exist though). They sell pretty standard bubble tea that you're used to seeing and sell the same flavors you're used to encountering. I would assume these guys sell their tea at around ~$3.50

Uli

Smash Champion
Yulai I hold you responsible to accommodate this since I don't think Greg is planning on coming to dans. You should, though, we have X and X2 and X4 all hooked up.
no x3 :(

also vietnamese resturant near 84th and giles has bubble tea. its just like any other place imo

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well, I own X3, dan doesn't, and X3 isn't very good

This is the official Nebraska Tier List for Mega Man.

Air man theme Tier
Mega Man 9 (3 points)
Mega Man X2 (7 points)

Tornado Man Theme Tier
Mega Man 3 (12 points)
Mega Man X (14 points)
Mega Man 2 (15 points, Echo Tie breaker)
Mega Man 10 (15 points)

Wind Man Theme Tier
Mega Man (22 points, Rob Tie Breaker)
Mega Man 5 (22 points)
Mega Man 4 (24 Points)
Mega Man X4 (28 Points)

Tengu Man Theme Tier
Mega Man 6 (32 points)
Mega Man X3 (36 Points)
Mega Man X5 (39 Points* Expected score)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hey Greg when I see you again if I see you again, you should bring your yugioh trades and help me out with finding a few cards?

Edit: All of this talk is making me hungry for Chinese/Vietnanese food.

resTy

Smash Champion
I wanna eat some Viet too, but I only go in groups of three or more. That and I have to know the other two people on an intimate level or else it's gay.

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
Yeah, Tea Smith is pretty good for bubble tea. Their honeydew melon bubble tea is rocking. Also, I once made my own bubble tea at Japanese camp.

resTy

Smash Champion
"If X were here, he would have tried to talk things out first. Unfortunately for you, X isn't here."

It could mean anything. Maybe X wasn't in that particular battle so he said it. Capcom has been trolling people constantly since before MvC3 came out, teasing with random speculation and crap. I wouldn't count X out because of something Zero of all characters said.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
They will have to make a better game for me to actually play as Mega Man in that game. However, my team would probably be Mega Man (X), Zero and then idk, whoever the most broken tank in the game is. Wolverine in the old version.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
"If X were here, he would have tried to talk things out first. Unfortunately for you, X isn't here."

It could mean anything. Maybe X wasn't in that particular battle so he said it. Capcom has been trolling people constantly since before MvC3 came out, teasing with random speculation and crap. I wouldn't count X out because of something Zero of all characters said.
Mega Man =/= X, so that doesn't even matter.

Not to mention that that sounds like something Zero would say, and win quotes are meaningless because they pick random **** a character might say.

I'm still waiting on Mega Man 11/X5 :(

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
My final opinion about the Melee tier list.

Fox
Falco
Puff
Sheik
Marth
Peach
Falcon
Ice Climbers
Dr. Mario
Samus
Ganon
Mario