• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

THuGz

Smash Lord
I spent a lot of time last night trying to convince nick that all combo based fighters are bad. Hateful post to come soon :3

Nicole

Smash Champion
tyser is right about brawl, the hitboxes and hurtboxes seem extremely inconsistent (and tripping). it has some serious flaws in its design, however, it is still really fun and thus is a good game in that regard.

mk9 actually seems quite solid, though the only other game (besides brawl) i play competitively is pokemon, so my opinion is probably pretty skewed. mk seems rather technical, or at least my character's combos seem to be.

who all do you guys play? and there should definitely be an mk9 side event at that tourney!

resTy

Smash Champion
I think you tried to argue this at Perkins that one time also and we proceeded to tell you you were wrong. Now Smash, that's a bad game. I play Melee and Brawl. They're both bad. Real bad. Random combos (or lack there of) all day!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I spent a lot of time last night trying to convince nick that all combo based fighters are bad. Hateful post to come soon :3
Coming now!

Thugz, seriously, you have no clue what you are talking about. When I bull****, I do it based on me actually having played the Genesis/PS1/PS2 variation of the fighting game that I spent 90+ hours playing and why the new version of the game sucks due to the new systems not being able to handle fast games while maintaining the same look and feel of stagnant animations.
I don't have much of an opinion of BlazBlue because I didn't spend hours on Guilty Gear so I have no hate on it for being inferior.
When you do it, you're ignorant and haven't played the game. When you were talking about computer games you seemed knowledgeable from experience, but console fighting games you should speak when spoken to.

Mortal Kombat 9 is easily the best fighter to come out since melee imo. and that isnt' me trolling, even platform fighters are fighters, ala Powerstone series. If that doesn't count, Tekken Tag in 2000. That's 11 years. Mortal Kombat 9 is easily the best Mortal Kombat to come out, probably ever. I'm not a big fan of the series even though I'm decent/good at them, SNES UMK3 being the previous best imo.

tyser is right about brawl, the hitboxes and hurtboxes seem extremely inconsistent (and tripping). it has some serious flaws in its design, however, it is still really fun and thus is a good game in that regard.

mk9 actually seems quite solid, though the only other game (besides brawl) i play competitively is pokemon, so my opinion is probably pretty skewed. mk seems rather technical, or at least my character's combos seem to be.

who all do you guys play? and there should definitely be an mk9 side event at that tourney!
MK9 Tornado VS MKBrawl Tornado, which one wins?

Also, I don't play. But my cat plays Scorpion and Noob probably. She hasn't really spent a lot of time studying combos so she's pretty scrubby, but the fact she's a cat and PRed already is pretty decent. Both of those characters have decent mind games, though Ermac has really good ones too.

Nick plays Ermac and Striker from what I've seen. His rolling grab thing is annoying.
Mike plays Jade.
Mike plays Whoever he feels like.
Cue plays as Kratos.

I don't like lying to myself so I keep it straight. It's just coincidence that everything sucks.

I dunno, I hate all new fighters but Brawl and I played a lot of melee.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
As ubercasual as 2001-04 can get! I even quit playing with items junior year of high school, 1v1's were my 1st semester of college. Then I got told I couldn't participate in the dorm competition, as I've told you before :( Quit Melee, started drinking and partying and sleeping with random girls every night. It was quite the spin of misfortune.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to take a guess and say that you posted a giant, hate-filled post of anger. Then you edited it to be snarky/sarcastic.

But did you actually listen to what people have said here? Doubt it. And it's funny, because if you actually want to be friends with us, reacting with anger/snark/whatever-emotion-that-doesn't-actually-involve-listening-and-implementing is NOT the way to do it.

9.2/10. Would read again.

Echo

Smash Champion
Once I get a little more time on the game, people are gonna get CAGED. I love the game though so I'm sure I'll play a little of everyone. Jade is definetely a top pick.

:phone:

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Once I get a little more time on the game, people are gonna get CAGED. I love the game though so I'm sure I'll play a little of everyone. Jade is definetely a top pick.

:phone:
Stop it.

Dude, Jade's little EX armor thing is too good. It literally counters everything. I think she'll be pretty high up.

Raiden's EX teleport is my favorite thing ever.

Also - I'm pretty sure I'm getting people together for MK tonight. Hit me up~

Echo

Smash Champion
Stop it.

Dude, Jade's little EX armor thing is too good. It literally counters everything. I think she'll be pretty high up.

Raiden's EX teleport is my favorite thing ever.
Stop what... I never said Jade was bad, I just wanna play Cage. lol Her super armor is one of the best moves in the game, easy.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Stop what... I never said Jade was bad, I just wanna play Cage. lol Her super armor is one of the best moves in the game, easy.
No, stop using Caged as a verb. His moves all look awkward to me >>

One of us should really learn Shang, he's so OP.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
As ubercasual as 2001-04 can get! I even quit playing with items junior year of high school, 1v1's were my 1st semester of college. Then I got told I couldn't participate in the dorm competition, as I've told you before :( Quit Melee, started drinking and partying and sleeping with random girls every night. It was quite the spin of misfortune.
LOLLLLL

Omg those chicks musta been so impressed by your uber Megaman Skills. bet you got sooo much *** with that. good sh*t bro. You're my hero, seriously I bet everyone looks up to you now. You're so coooool.

God I'm jealous. Did I mention that you're cool?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Yeah Nick is good. Has a good grasp on the game with good patience. At least in comparison to the rest of us.

With psn down its hard to get in the play time for this game, and marvel.

Who wants to go to Ev 52?

Echo

Smash Champion
ggs. Event 52 is gonna be tough for me to go to now. Even if I do end up with a chance to go I would have to come back on Saturday night, so idk... I'll find out.

btw I got some PRs going in the first post if you haven't seen them yet, and I started with the most important game of them all. anyway I will get around to more PRs in the near future.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
They are doing MK9 exhibition matches right now in the team spooky stream right now if you guys are interested then later they will do 5v5 MK9 if possible.

Edit: Now they are doing teams.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
They are doing MK9 exhibition matches right now in the team spooky stream right now if you guys are interested then later they will do 5v5 MK9 if possible.

Edit: Now they are doing teams.
Did anyone see that babality on the stream? Humiliating. I love this game.

Top Bottom