• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
rather than stating they aren't facts how would you put it.
The entire post was your opinion.
Tysers right lol those arent facts...
its still an opinion
All of these is how I would put it.

we need to make our community bigger
We have attempted to recruit more random folk in the past and they just left. They either arent comfortable around us (which wouldnt make sense since all of us are pretty chill individuals in my opinion) or because they get wrecked beyond belief in Melee/Brawl. If you wanna be a part of the community you gotta learn how to take an *** kicking for a good 6-12 months (probably longer); its just the way of the world. Some kids just thought they could walk in and be on our level or something.

Uli

Smash Champion
We have attempted to recruit more random folk in the past and they just left. They either arent comfortable around us (which wouldnt make sense since all of us are pretty chill individuals in my opinion) or because they get wrecked beyond belief in Melee/Brawl. If you wanna be a part of the community you gotta learn how to take an *** kicking for a good 6-12 months; its just the way of the world. Some kids just thought they could walk in and be on our level or something.
yeppppppppppp

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
All of these is how I would put it.

We have attempted to recruit more random folk in the past and they just left. They either arent comfortable around us (which wouldnt make sense since all of us are pretty chill individuals in my opinion) or because they get wrecked beyond belief in Melee/Brawl. If you wanna be a part of the community you gotta learn how to take an *** kicking for a good 6-12 months (probably longer); its just the way of the world. Some kids just thought they could walk in and be on our level or something.
sound like a bunch of wusses to me or they can't stand losing to you guys. I love to have good matches even if I win or lose.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
We also need to start up big tourneys and get people from across the country to play us. There are a few guys from AIB from the Washington and California area who are willing to play us.

cue

Smash Journeyman
Yo! sorry i havent played much lately that should change soon..

on a better note i'm going to japan. my team won one of the two us spots to play in the *** world games tournie... and it wont cost me a dime!! give me love :chuckle:

Echo

Smash Champion
**** YEAH GO DAVID!!! <3
good **** man you're the king.

gamegenie.... good luck with that...

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
We also need to start up big tourneys and get people from across the country to play us. There are a few guys from AIB from the Washington and California area who are willing to play us.
Or we can just drive to big tournaments. Nebraska hosting a huge tournament would be the biggest joke the Smash world has ever witnessed not to mention a total waste of time. And if youre talking about Brawl tournaments, there is no chance in hell.

on a better note i'm going to japan. my team won one of the two us spots to play in the *** world games tournie... and it wont cost me a dime!! give me love :chuckle:
Congratz dude. Better wreck some *****es.

What game...exactly?
Guilty Gear.

Loge

Smash Cadet
Hey... i was living in champaign, IL for about the past 9 months and just moved back to Lincoln. Are the majority of you smashers up in Omaha?

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Everybody in Nebraska mains Melee. Only a hand full of us play Brawl and we dont even play it very often at all. Maybe once a month . . . . maybe.

Loge

Smash Cadet
By the time i had gotten there i didn't find the smash community until after smym was over. The next one is August 1st right?

Sadly i missed the melee train so i'm more of a brawl kid... i did get to meet the twins though and they're pretty **** good. The melee scene over there is pretty hardcore

Dekline42

Smash Ace
It's better than your Samus just cuz it's fox, playing a mid tier is just kinda gimping yourself for no reason so I say go for it

Uli

Smash Champion
we need to send the ben10donk force out there!
but he is seriously missing?
doesnt he have a GF now?
he must be super whipped or something XD

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
SPOILERS

Naruto: Shows the 3 Kages that nobody knows about so far. Tsuchikage is a little old guy who is stubborn and shit. He's accompanied by two other shinobi. Next is Mizukage which is a chick who looks similar to Tsunade except she has a different hair style. She is accompanied by two shinobi, one of which is one of the Seven Swordsmen. Then there is the Raikage who is just a hot blooded huge guy. You guys know enough about him already. Goes to Naruto and the Lightning. Naruto refuses to sell Sasuke out to them still and allows them to kick his nuts in for as long as they please instead. Goes to Danzou. An Anbu-Root member asks Danzou if he wants Anko to be killed. He says not to because it will start a ruckus and thats not what he needs right now. He wants to find Kabuto since he's the closest source to Orochimaru. He needs something from Oro to fix his right eye and right arm. End.

Bleach: Continues from the last chapter. Wonderweiss attacks Ukitake and he goes down like a rock. Stark uses sonido and ***** Shunsui by shooting him in the back saying "It's nothing personal, but Aizen wants us to speed things up." From a throne of ice, you see Halibel with an evil look on her face. Shes about to go into **** mode. You also see Barragan appear from behind the smoke and debris. Soi Fon is shocked. The fire prison holding Aizen, Tousen and Gin disappears and Aizen steps forward only to be greeted by Shinji and the other Vizards. End.

One Piece: Shiryuu joins Blackbeard's crew after he gives Blackbeard the antidote to Magellan's poison. Random newb pirates are praising Buggy. Goes to Ace who is walking up some dark steps. Ace is remembering the promise he made to Luffy. "We'll have a life with no regrets." He reaches the end of the steps and sees a "familiar place." End.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****. That was ****ing amazing.

Why are you really here?
I wanna make this land safe.
Why are you here soldier?
IM HERE BECAUSE IM BORED!
Dont you ever forget that.

That clock is gonna keep ticking until it reaches nine, nine, nine.
What happens then?
Nothing, you just suck!

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Or we can just drive to big tournaments. Nebraska hosting a huge tournament would be the biggest joke the Smash world has ever witnessed not to mention a total waste of time. And if youre talking about Brawl tournaments, there is no chance in hell.

Congratz dude. Better wreck some *****es.

Guilty Gear.
Good job Cue and if we try can hard enough we can make Nebraska players some of the best players in the country we just need dedication.

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
so i was doing yardwork today, and i came back with my shoes covered in bright green gum, maybe like STRIDE gum. thanks for chewing a ****load of gum and spitting it into my yard

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
SPOILERS

Naruto: Shows the 3 Kages that nobody knows about so far. Tsuchikage is a little old guy who is stubborn and shit. He's accompanied by two other shinobi. Next is Mizukage which is a chick who looks similar to Tsunade except she has a different hair style. She is accompanied by two shinobi, one of which is one of the Seven Swordsmen. Then there is the Raikage who is just a hot blooded huge guy. You guys know enough about him already. Goes to Naruto and the Lightning. Naruto refuses to sell Sasuke out to them still and allows them to kick his nuts in for as long as they please instead. Goes to Danzou. An Anbu-Root member asks Danzou if he wants Anko to be killed. He says not to because it will start a ruckus and thats not what he needs right now. He wants to find Kabuto since he's the closest source to Orochimaru. He needs something from Oro to fix his right eye and right arm. End.

Bleach: Continues from the last chapter. Wonderweiss attacks Ukitake and he goes down like a rock. Stark uses sonido and ***** Shunsui by shooting him in the back saying "It's nothing personal, but Aizen wants us to speed things up." From a throne of ice, you see Halibel with an evil look on her face. Shes about to go into **** mode. You also see Barragan appear from behind the smoke and debris. Soi Fon is shocked. The fire prison holding Aizen, Tousen and Gin disappears and Aizen steps forward only to be greeted by Shinji and the other Vizards. End.

One Piece: Shiryuu joins Blackbeard's crew after he gives Blackbeard the antidote to Magellan's poison. Random newb pirates are praising Buggy. Goes to Ace who is walking up some dark steps. Ace is remembering the promise he made to Luffy. "We'll have a life with no regrets." He reaches the end of the steps and sees a "familiar place." End.
So Madara's a chick?

BOLT08

Smash Lord
so i was doing yardwork today, and i came back with my shoes covered in bright green gum, maybe like STRIDE gum. thanks for chewing a ****load of gum and spitting it into my yard
Dekline is ALWAYS chewing stride gum. GET ON HIS LEVEL IAN!!111

Top Bottom