• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's BDACUS "Desyncs" his Up-Smash

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'm using the term "desync" in the (apparently old) way, such that the Pikmin in Olimar's Up-Smash rises somewhere to the left or right of Olimar, instead of right above him. The video explains this better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvCd87lZ-Co

I have no idea if this is helpful or not, but I thought someone might find it intriguing.

EDIT: I am a spelling failure. Replace "Dysync" with "Desync"

Turazrok

Smash Master
Olimar's Dacus is too small imo to be a competitive staple of his repertoire. However this might change how I view this.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Interesting. I'll see what I can figure out. One question though, are the inputs for the BDACUS the same as a regular DACUS? It looks like you're just dacus'ing to me, in the video. I'm not seeing a difference, but if there is one, could you clear it up?

Geddan

Smash Ace
Interesting. I'll see what I can figure out. One question though, are the inputs for the BDACUS the same as a regular DACUS? It looks like you're just dacus'ing to me, in the video. I'm not seeing a difference, but if there is one, could you clear it up?
I think he was buffering it out of a spotdodge. Sorry if I'm wrong, I just took a quick glance of the video on my phone.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Ahhh, you're right :) Thanks Geddan.

I'll get on it Sunday when I'm free, I'll be busy all day tomorrow and Saturday.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I think he was buffering it out of a spotdodge. Sorry if I'm wrong, I just took a quick glance of the video on my phone.
Yes, this is correct. BDACUS is what it sounds like: a Buffered DACUS. The controls are as follows:

[during last 10 frames of another animation] ( Control Stick Forward + C-Stick Up > C-Stick Up ) > [end of animation] > [you should be BDACUSing here]

You can BDACUS out of any animation; Spotdodge, N-Air, D-Air, Down-B, any Throw, Grab Release... anything. You just have to learn the timing.

If you want to make sure you're getting the timing right, practice BDACUSing with Diddy, Sheik, or Wolf first. Their BDACUSs are much less forgiving (indeed, I find that Olimar's is one of the easiest to perform consistently), so if you can become consistent with those characters, you can be sure you're doing it right with Olimar.

If anyone has Olimar's hitbubble PSA, I'll use it to upload a hitbox comparison between his Hyphen Smash and his BDACUS.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Sadly we don't, none of us have messed with PSA files yet, I thought about it though. Too much on my plate though :/

Thanks for the explanation though :) Gonna look into it soon.

Noa.

Smash Master
This may make it easier to combo with yellow usmashes since you can be closer to the opponent. Only use I can think of now.

Top Bottom