• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

olimars at genesis

asob4

Smash Champion
rich got 3rd in his pool weroup got first in his.
rich beat ken neth first round next is leepuff
dunno bout wer

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
I dont want mk banned because he's not as good to be banned, and i get to counter pick him.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority

No! Then we'll get *****ed at for being tier whores and get even more crap from playing olimar in general...

Also all the mk scr00bs will play olimar... and that'll suck

~Fino
Olimar is already S tier material as I found out playing him, it's just not widely accepted that Olimar ****s your **** up.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman

No! Then we'll get *****ed at for being tier whores and get even more crap from playing olimar in general...

Also all the mk scr00bs will play olimar... and that'll suck

~Fino
lol true :/
the scary part is there were 4 olis (including me) at the last tourny i went to O_O
and the ironic thing is i used to play MK >_>

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
*2 days late* i didn't go to genesis money johnz :s
i should be at herb 2 though and the huge mass toruny thats in august

Noa.

Smash Master
So, the Olimars who went to Genesis. Tell us how you did.

Who did you beat? Who did you lost to? What did you learn? Did you meet your expectations? Anything amazing happened, smash related or not?

Give us some details.

RichBrown

Smash Master
This was such a fun tournament. I choked hardcore against Zex, it was 3rd game, he was on his last stock at 0%, I was on my 2nd stock at 40%, but I couldn't pull it off. I'm so bad at the Marth matchup. I pulled out some serious clutch matches tho. Wish I coulda placed a wee bit higher, I was soooo close.

Weruop is a cool dude, we played Olimar dittos, it was awesome ^_^

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
MK WILL be banned, just because how good he air camps, and you can't ban air camping, MK is just a beast in the air, and now he shall be banned. When he does and every starts switching to Oli, we should have a thread to all the true Oli mains.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
With Ally beating M2K at this being more thanone huge tourney with money on the line, it seems that the pro ban are losing their main arfument, that MK is either too hard to be/ can't be beaten.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
dotcom, just because ally beats m2k doesn't mean m2k isn't completely broken. you can't base a whole thing off of 2 specific people, which is why it is a general consensus. as they say, 1 person doesn't make the tier list =]

Dotcom

Smash Lord
dotcom, just because ally beats m2k doesn't mean m2k isn't completely broken. you can't base a whole thing off of 2 specific people, which is why it is a general consensus. as they say, 1 person doesn't make the tier list =]
1. I think you meant MK isn't completely broke. lol, I do the same thing all the time beleive me.

2. That's very true but the fact that people are beating M2K with Snake, and Wario, and even Ness, and because M2K was and for a large part was, and is looked at as the god of the MK meta - game. It deflates a large part of the pro - MK ban as much as I hate to say it. I've talked to alot of people in the back room about it and these things really do hurt the arguments coming from our side.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I thought this thread was about Olimar players at Genesis; not whether or not Meta Knight will be banned. More to the point folks, I'm looking for a good main character (not Olimar, even though this is the Olimar Boards. I just happen to like you guys most and trust your opinions more than the other boards.), any suggestions? I perfer a defensive character thats good at picking and poking at people.

How did RichBrown & Weruop place?

Fino

Smash Master
I thought this thread was about Olimar players at Genesis; not whether or not Meta Knight will be banned. More to the point folks, I'm looking for a good main character (not Olimar, even though this is the Olimar Boards. I just happen to like you guys most and trust your opinions more than the other boards.), any suggestions? I perfer a defensive character thats good at picking and poking at people.

Main Sonic or Toon Link or Wario

~Fino

asob4

Smash Champion
rich got 17th and weroup got 33rd pretty sure.
they both did well for 294 people entering!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I find it comical that the anti-ban side of the Meta debate usually has no idea why intelligent pro-ban advocates think he should be banned even when it has been explained several times on many different occasions. This is also sort of pathetic/sad considering the pro-ban side is in the minority of the people in the SBR, who are apparently the only people "qualified" to give an opinion and vote on such a thing. (which is completely absurd)

That wasn't aimed at anyone, btw.

*sigh*

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
More to the point folks, I'm looking for a good main character (not Olimar, even though this is the Olimar Boards. I just happen to like you guys most and trust your opinions more than the other boards.), any suggestions? I perfer a defensive character thats good at picking and poking at people.
Meta Knight.

If not him... do you care if it's a good or bad character?

Good: Wario, ZSS, Squirtle.
Medium: Toon Link.
Bad: Lucas, Ivysaur.

Lucas is fun. His dtilt lock is sooo easy to set up.

I've been using Wario more lately. My Wario is almost good enough to be my doubles char.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Meta Knight.

If not him... do you care if it's a good or bad character?

Good: Wario, ZSS, Squirtle.
Medium: Toon Link.
Bad: Lucas, Ivysaur.

Lucas is fun. His dtilt lock is sooo easy to set up.

I've been using Wario more lately. My Wario is almost good enough to be my doubles char.
I've been using him a lot, too. I've come to a choice of Falco, King Dedede, or Wario. Have you ever been the one camping with Falco? Oh my god, it's the most fun I've had playing Brawl in a LOOOONG time. I just shoot lasers and phantasm away. xD

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion

this may sound weird... but maybe marth

Weruop

Smash Ace
hey guys
the main olimars here were
Weruop
Richbrown
Sleeh
KBM
and aros4sora

i met all of them ^^
i took first in my pool winning all of my sets and only losing one match ( some amazing ROB from puerto rico ) i had Bladewise f0cus(get jv3stocked lol <3) and that ROB main to worry about in my pool
then in bracket i 2-0'd some suprisingly good marth from Florida named Chaz. then I had to play Edrees's stupid peach lol. it went 1-2 >.<
then in losers bracket i 2-0'd choice, the wolf, 2-0'd Kos-Mos, another top peach main, and then went 1-2 with ultimaterazer. i really wish there were good snake mains in the northwest to practice against lol. ah well . it was really fun though. Rich, u and I need to talk about beating snake mains cuz ultimaterazer took both of us out and that matchup should be in our favor >.< lol

also, there was some black guy from Alabama at the tournament. i cant remember his name, but he came up to me after i finished my pool asking for advice and stuff. he doesnt have internet :/ and appparently he really wants to get better as Olimar

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
There are no black guys in Alabama that would use Oli. Did he want help against him? >:]

Did those matches with Razer happen to get recorded? Yours or Richbrown's?

Weruop

Smash Ace
hey, ultimaterazer is reaaaally good. heve even beat richbrown
i have NO good snake practice offline and online the last amazing snake i played was ally back in like january lol. i just need to learn that matchup and next time the set is mine -evil face- lol

Top Bottom