• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Tourney Results Thread

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
not best till i top 3 at national tourny... and i pray there is footage of round 1 and two... but probably only footage of game 3 cause of my luck lmao, i think theirs footage of grand finals of teams... we beat ally and pierce 3-1 first set, then we lost in game 5 of the 2nd set :/

but, still not a huge fan of everyone watching me play lmao but this was kinda epic lol esp grand finals in teams

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i'de like to compete for top oli in nation.

Brawls Deep 3, 1st of ~15 (not sure of entrants, 10/31/09)

Beat: Bizkit (winners and grand finals), bloodcross, and Melito.

Smash in Chelmsford, 2nd of ~15 11/7/09

Beat: some randoms, bloodcross, fatal
Lost: Fatal 2 sets in grand finals ;sdlfksd;fklj

My oli has recently revamped and i seem to be unstoppable unless verse mk, so i picked up ic's this week just for mk if my oli really can't beat it. Just sucks beating fatals snake and then he goes mk and ****s on me =[ hopefully i can figure this out though, i just wish there was more mk's in my area so i could get some more practice in.

EDIT: I also went back to my other long tourney post with who i defeated and who i lost to, so you can update the OP accurately. Here is link if it makes it easier. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8758315&postcount=286

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
competing for best olimar in nation is stupid, because it seems everyone's opinions change monthly and anyone with half decent results is now a contender, the fact that there is no unanimous 1 0r 2 best olis makes the entire title useless

Noa.

Smash Master
Zori, Decent result. Hylian used GW instead of Icies? I thought he switched.

Nice job Logic. Taking a game off of Ally and nearly taking the set is really amazing.

I don't think we can name the best Oli, but I at least know that Dabuz and Logic are at the top. Wer slightly below too.

Llumys

Smash Champion
I think either Weruop or Logic are the best. Dabuz probably, but his region makes him look bad. ):

I do think IcyLight could make it up there, though.

Noa.

Smash Master
NY is one of the best states in the US. The Atlantic North is a pretty good region. Probably the best imo.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I think either Weruop or Logic are the best. Dabuz probably, but his region makes him look bad. ):

I do think IcyLight could make it up there, though.
lol, maybe xD, my region does have: anti, ADHD, atomsk, now it has ally, inui, ksizzle,, jash, snakeee, ninjalink, shadow (i know i forgot a lot of good NJ players)

and then sometime people from new england and MD/VA come, so include, meep, fatal, logic/ P~S, boss, thats just off top of my head, any other region i would have weruop's placings xD

IcyLight

Smash Lord
lol i wasn't actually serious about being labeled "best olimar in nation." we have no national tournies we all attend to even consider the idea of one of us being better than the other. Granted, we all have our top regional players, but we also have our matchup advantages. Not to mention we all play completely different. I'm sure if we faced each others players we would destroy them, because they are so used to the regions 1 olimar that when a new one is thrown at them they don't know what to expect...ESPECIALLY with how different we all play

Zori

Smash Champion
^tru faxs lets all trade regions for a month :]

but um hylian went ic vs me, first round he beat me second round a 3 stocked him on pictochat (great ic counterpick) and last match we are both 120% i get a down smash in and all i have to do is grab the ledge and gimp his nana. I literally just stand there this is the first time i ever cracked under pressure and then i get hit by popos downsmash

gg

Fino

Smash Master
GL with that, btw, the entire region knows the oli matchup, mainly because blackwaltz and andyG used to be active there :urg::laugh:
That's funny... I normally say your entire region doesn't know the oli matchup. When I watch EC olimar videos... it's like wow.... this person doesn't know the oli-MU... at all.

~Fino

IcyLight

Smash Lord
EC knows the oli matchup. remember the time fatal beat dabuz and i beat fatal all the time. HMMMM DABUZ? get *****? :p

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
hmmmm...guess i should of said NY/ NJ, also, icylight, you know the snake matchup and fatal's his playstyle, while i only have some knowledge of the snake matchup and do not know fatal's playstyle

also, i do still have legit SD johns for when i fought him

fino: have you seen any GOOD AND RECENT olimar videos from my region? because i don't include bad players as representation of NY/NJ matchup knowledge

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
md/va for harder region to play in :D Boss, meep, candy, neo... all know the MU/counter it and chu will probably beat most oli's lol

@fino.. EC knows the MU lol

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
md/va for harder region to play in :D Boss, meep, candy, neo... all know the MU/counter it and chu will probably beat most oli's lol

@fino.. EC knows the MU lol
idk, you have some good players, but atomsk, anti, ADHD, ninjalink, ALLY (yes, hes a regular in my region now), inui, and ksizzle are all harder and know the matchup as well, remember, both andyG and blackwaltz used to play here, so they all learned the matchup much more than MD/VA

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
idk, you have some good players, but atomsk, anti, ADHD, ninjalink, ALLY (yes, hes a regular in my region now), inui, and ksizzle are all harder and know the matchup as well, remember, both andyG and blackwaltz used to play here, so they all learned the matchup much more than MD/VA
name searching =]

and uhhhhhhh.......what?? LOL you havent played anyone in md/va besides PS and Boss...and PS has gotten alot better and boss knows the matchup even better....iono where your getting those to be harder then us and know the matchup better...neo knows the matchup perfectly...meep and boss know it EXTREMELY well i dont see them losing to any oli at this point....and i have never lost to PS (no offense PS lol) while he took ally to game 3 and lost to a fluke and 2 stocked him 1st game....and we all have alot of oli practice from PS...not just the 4 i talked about

and as far as harder goes....the only person there that would actually get at an md/va tourny would be ally....and thats if he doesnt fight PS and he doesnt mess up again....so please, dont make assumptions about md/va

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
<3 candy lmao

and i can't name search :( people call me P~S, PS, Pyronic Star, Pyronic_Star, Logic.... to many variations :/

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i think i found a cheap car pool to get to pound =D gogogogogogogo also, i like P~S better than logic.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
A character PR could only lead to chaos.
nono, RR...round robin. there was supposed to be one at pound 4 olimar round robin xD

also, Icy's #5 11/15/09 2nd of 24

1. 4th Best in New England (Fatal/Fear) (Snake/Metaknight)
2. IcyLight (Olimar)
3. Bizkit (Snake)
4. Bloodcross (Falco/Metaknight)
5. Patg (Zero Suit Samus/Lucario)
5. Boxy + Poky ='s Love (Peachkid) (Peach)
7. Copacetic (Toon Link)
7. Mikeray4 (Snake)
9. melito (Toon Link)
9. Watkins (Ike)
9. Hinkage (Metaknight)
9. Teevee (ROB/Wario)

Beat: Ace, Melito, Fatal
Lost: "Fatal/Fear" / split

Technically me and fatal split, but he won our friendly set so we let him take the win :p

im starting to learn the metaknight matchup a little though. and i've been messing around with tap jump on and off, because with it off i can do tether tricks a lot easier. With it on i can run away from tornado and reverse grounded up-b it, but you can't with tap jump off.

****i need clarification****

If I have tap jump ON compared to OFF does that affect the possible DI capabilities of the control stick? I can nearly consistently DI immediately out of MK's tornado when i don't use a tag (Tap jump on), but when i put my tag on i can't at all. Not even once. Is that just me being bad or does tap jump affect your control stick's di?

Zori

Smash Champion
i never had trouble di'ing with tap jump off, tap jump off is kinda recommended for olimar, but dont try to di the full thing just di a little bit and nair

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i never had trouble di'ing with tap jump off, tap jump off is kinda recommended for olimar, but dont try to di the full thing just di a little bit and nair
i have a lot of trouble nair'ing mk out of his tornado, every time i try the tornado clinks with every single hit of my nair and i just get hit after my nair is finished.

also, i was able to di out of robs dsmash and pikas dsmash with tap jump on, but not off. maybe i'm just ******** xD

Top Bottom