• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Tourney Results Thread

Llumys

Smash Champion
Having tap jump on is a bad idea as Olimar. You want to be able to tether without jumping.

You can still pivot up smash, up smash out of shield, up special out of shield, etc. with tap jump off.

Also, I always use the buttons to jump. Jumping with the stick just seems unorthodox and unnecessary.

Fino

Smash Master
Brawl Doubles:

1: 44%:snake::ganondorf:
2: Team Real Team:warioc::gw:
3: Little boys with items and toys:toonlink::olimar:
4: Why So Serious?:snake
5: Operation HotMaker
5: Gu Gods
7: Sea police with Degrees
7: I Make Good Sammiches
9: Knight
9: Joah
9: Neorago
9: Proficient
13: Thugz
13: Dead Celebreties
13: Dumbledii
13: NGamer3K + Vader
17: Sexy Sailor

Brawl Singles:

1: Joker:snake:
2: MJG:toonlink:
3: Razor:metaknight:
4: Fino
5: Nappy
5: Kit
7: Cook
7: Nicole
9: JLO
9: Blank
9: Andy
9: Smeesh
13: Zash
13: Greg Dang
13: CBK
13: Cue
17: Zyklon
17: -BC-
17: Echo
17: Schism
17: Goku
17: TysaH
17: K
17: Ptato
25: BIZ
25: Breezy
25: NGamer3K
25: Trent
25: Kudou-Kun
25: P
25: Jordan
25: D.Vog
33: PoJo
33: Mysterious Silver
33: Red
33: BNANA
33: Neon
33: Casey
33: BDJoe
33: Vader
33: DCOY
33: CTX
33: APLSD
33: Twink
33: Hogoshe
33: Pcity
33: Afrayail
33: Fruto
49: Mook
49: Enima
49: Con_N
49: BCRF
49: JBM
49: Queen
49: McSuess
49: Nell
49: Mike
Nothing I'm incredibly proud of, but I guess I'll post it. I still suck at this game :p
I used ICs once in round one against a marth player whom I two stocked the previous game. 21% suuuuucks.... but still not as bad as that 4% 3-stock ._. lol
Someday I'll get that JV 4 with ICs in tournament ^^;

~Fino

IcyLight

Smash Lord
lol i know how to DI/SDI/QCDI all that nonsense. it just works nearly every time when i leave tap jump on, i guess it was just coincidence. i have no problems using my tether with tap jump on cause i played melee, can even tilt shield against tornado without jumping. guess depends on the player :p good stuff fino

Llumys

Smash Champion
I doubt you can quickly tether without jumping. I played Melee as well, but due to to buffering, tap jump on has become a nuisance to me. Tilting my shield with tap jump off is simple enough, but there's a lot of situations where it's bothersome.

I guarantee you can't do this with tap jump on. :p

Tether
Tether drop
Tether
Tether drop
Tether
Tether drop
Jump

Anyway, good job, Fino. Who knocked you out? Also, Snake and Ganon as a team sounds awesome.

Noa.

Smash Master
IcyLight, have you played an Icies main whose name is X Factor? He moved near you recently from Florida.

I have tap jump on. SH uair is faster and easier to do with tap jump on than off, and with the matchups I play often, it's useful.

Llumys, Fear does that trick all the time and I every time I try it it doesn't work. Now I know why. I don't know if Fearless has tap jump off though.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
yeah llumys i was able to do that thing you said, not consistently but about 50-50

yes, draconoa, i have played xfactor in a bunch of friendlies. he originally was 2 stocking me because i have NEVER fought a good ic's before in my life, but after a few matches we were alternating 2 stock *****. they were friendlies though, so i'm waiting for him to enter his first NE tourney before i judge him.

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah, X factor's pretty good. Nothing amazing but definitely a decent player. Tell me how he does in his first tourney over there.

Fino

Smash Master
Anyway, good job, Fino. Who knocked you out? Also, Snake and Ganon as a team sounds awesome.
Lost to team real team twice in doubles
Lost to razor twice in singles

I had a 2-stock 2-0 streak up until I played nappy, the set was pretty intense, I two stocked him the first game, the second game came REALLY REALLY REALLY close, third game was a bit closer than I would've liked but I ended up winning.
I pulled a sheild break combo on a marth in tournament, which was cool. I threw him right where the laser on halberd was about to shoot, he shielded the laser, and I apparently poked with smashes at just the right increments that he couldn't get out. His shield broken on the last hit of the laser, and he landed on the platform, to which I jump up with a purple pikmin usmash (fully charged). It was pretty cool, but all luck =/
Dunno how ganon snake team won, team real team apparently couldn't beat them. lol. In losers finals we were on match 4, the score 2-1 infavor of us, on delfino island, and the power went out mid-match -_-'' I lost it after that. MJ was playing strong the whole time... I just messed up stock after stock.

~Fino

MJG

Smash Hero
Teams was still fun...70/20/10 is a ******** split.

As for the Di thing..I change my "R" Button to Jump since I shield with my "L" button anyways...that way, I can still DI out of hits if need be.

Tap Jump messes me up too much >_>

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
1. Seibrik (MK)
2. HRNUT (Snake/Falco/D3)
3. CO18 (Dedede)
4. GDX? (Diddy)
5. 2nLio (Toon Link)
5. Ryo (Ike)
7. Masky (Wario)
7. Fearless (Olimar)
9. MK18 (Wario/MK)
9. Mampam (Snake/MK/D3)
9. Radix (Snake/MK/D3)

lost to mampam (sd, later 3-1'd him in a mm)
lost to 2nlio

HERDURRR TL downsmash 0% gimp

but yeah, finally beat hungrybox in a legit tourney set which im happy about

Llumys

Smash Champion
Good job.

Anyway, could someone name me an Olimar that can consistently beat the best Meta Knight in his region?

owait

Fino, why the HELL would you bring a Meta to Delfino?! xD

Fino

Smash Master
Good job.

Anyway, could someone name me an Olimar that can consistently beat the best Meta Knight in his region?

owait

Fino, why the HELL would you bring a Meta to Delfino?! xD
It usually works ._. moar purples @.@
I wasn't thinking straight I guess.... I dunno
I'm bad at this game - how many times do I have to tell you lol.

~Fino

Noa.

Smash Master
1. Seibrik (MK)
2. HRNUT (Snake/Falco/D3)
3. CO18 (Dedede)
4. GDX? (Diddy)
5. 2nLio (Toon Link)
5. Ryo (Ike)
7. Masky (Wario)
7. Fearless (Olimar)
9. MK18 (Wario/MK)
9. Mampam (Snake/MK/D3)
9. Radix (Snake/MK/D3)

lost to mampam (sd, later 3-1'd him in a mm)
lost to 2nlio

HERDURRR TL downsmash 0% gimp

but yeah, finally beat hungrybox in a legit tourney set which im happy about
Was there anyone else you that you beat that was significant?

Good job against hbox. Did ya learn the DDD matchup?

It sucks not being consistent.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

Smart people know to ban halberd against olimar (or at least people who have played me more than one time or have watched me played know to ban that).

10duhyoufuckingmoronIwould'vepickedthatifIcoulds
lets seeee...YI>FD>Lylat>PS1>frigate>all other possible stages

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i enjoy fighting meta on delfino and frigate, frigate isn't that bad if you stay away from right side on the 1st phase, and even then it's not terrible if you have any idea on how to play there xD

10comingfromsomeonewhocpsrcasoli

Tin Man

Smash Hero
rainbow cruise has a low ceiling you can take advantage of, I should try CPing RC as oli and see if it works for me. phase 2 is gonna be so hard for me. No edges sux :(

Noa.

Smash Master
So I finally updated the OP.

To everyone who posts their results in the format that I asked for in the OP, I love you. o_o *coughonlyhiltandpyronicstarcough*

There's a lot of information that's missing from the OP in terms of dates, names of tournies, and who an Oli beat and lost. If you would go through and look through for anything that's missing from your section and post the missing info in here, I'd be thankful.

The OP is starting to get full. In a week or two I'll remove all the results and start with a fresh plate. All the old results will be removed to a blog in User Blogs.

Coco, I must say your results are pretty impressive. Good job.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
phaze 3
11/14/09
17 out of 49 people
beat: kovu, srsc@, shuz
lost:UTD Zac, chuck

My best placing yet with olimar XD

Top Bottom