• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
A topic on the Pikmen: what now? I've received a hell of a lot of PMs ever since Pikmin & Olimar has been confirmed, asking to join the Pikmen. If the point was to just support Olimar's inclusion, should I even be accepting new members? To be safe, I bookmarked the last member to join before confirmation.

I've also received one PM, suggesting that we make an actually crew / clan out of the Pikmen. It would be nice an all...but the combo videos, might be lacking originality ;o. What do you guys think?
Well I know that I am obviously biased, but thats not really fair, is it. I have supported Olimar the entire time, I just never actually joined this thread. The reason is that I mostly post on Newgrounds in the super smash bros crew, although I have been going here more and more lately.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
New topic, folks. Which Pikmin is your favorite? I like them all, obviously, but Reds are my personal favorite. I always made sure I had a large supply of Reds on hand when playing Pikmin 1 & 2 as my main fighting force, since I'm pretty sure they are the best fighters (please tell me if I made that up...)

I gotta go with The Old Yeller.

I like them because they are pretty much the pyros of Pikmin (because of their bomb toteing nature), I also like the ears.:)

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
New topic, folks. Which Pikmin is your favorite? I like them all, obviously, but Reds are my personal favorite. I always made sure I had a large supply of Reds on hand when playing Pikmin 1 & 2 as my main fighting force, since I'm pretty sure they are the best fighters (please tell me if I made that up...)
I always used mostly reds because yes, they are the best fighters(besides purple ones), but my favorites were always the white ones. Not only are they fast enough to actually go IN FRONT of you as you walk, but you get to laugh when something eats some of your pikmin only to die from it. I also love their big red eyes.

on another note, look at this screenshot

At first you would say that he is doing a sidestep dodge, but I think he's reaching for that yellow pikmin. Thoughts?

Colenstien

Smash Ace
A topic on the Pikmen: what now? I've received a hell of a lot of PMs ever since Pikmin & Olimar has been confirmed, asking to join the Pikmen. If the point was to just support Olimar's inclusion, should I even be accepting new members? To be safe, I bookmarked the last member to join before confirmation.

I've also received one PM, suggesting that we make an actually crew / clan out of the Pikmen. It would be nice an all...but the combo videos, might be lacking originality ;o. What do you guys think?
I don't think you should let in people who have just come out of the blue since Olimar was confirmed. Also I think a crew would be a really cool thing to have. Anyone else want to add to this?

Pyr0

Smash Ace
I agree that Pikmin & Olimar (As weird as it sounds were gona have to stick with it) will be a hard or at least time consuming character to master... he just dosnt scream Easy to Use IMO.

In unrelated things... what do you guys think of my new sig?

Florida

イーグランツ
I agree that Pikmin & Olimar (As weird as it sounds were gona have to stick with it) will be a hard or at least time consuming character to master... he just dosnt scream Easy to Use IMO.

In unrelated things... what do you guys think of my new sig?
I personally think that the name "Pikmin & Olimar" is a lot cooler than "Captain Olimar". Sure, it was pointless to change the name to something so weird, even with the significance of the Pikmin; but it just grew on to me, quickly.

Anyway, I agree as well. Olimar, by the looks of things, will be a very strategic character. He won't have brute force, and he won't be very swift. Just taking the time and effort to master this guy is enough motivation to main him.

And, your signature is good-- nice line.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
@Pyr0
Olimary!

Also, now that I think about Olimar and his fighting possibilities I'm actually considering makeing DK take a bench as my main. I like the low-tier/confusing characters!

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Th morbidly obese Purple Pikmin.

Pseudo_Sam

Smash Cadet
The Purples have that weird, separated eye thing going on - it makes them look like the stereotypical "strong but stupid" guys.

Yeah, my favorite would have to be the Purples.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Speaking of history Illidr what ever happened to Valli??? He was a hradcore Olimar supporter.
We really need a criteria for joining this club I love new members, but who knows if they are Olimar worthy????
Vali? I'm not sure, I haven't seen him post anything in a while and I miss seeing him around, especially after creating that moveset for Olimar that I absolutely LOVED. I wish he'd come back some day and rejoice with us in Olimar's confirmation.

wiseguy said:
Hmm, I'm probably going to have to go with the Blue pikmin here. Not because I am utterly amazed and awe-stricken by their ability to survive in water, but simply because I am color-biased. That's right, don't judge me for saying blue is my favorite color!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Vali, please come home. :(

My suggestion would be to ask potential Pikmen to post regularly on this thread for a week first.

I'd be all for it, but that's just me.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Vali, please come home. :(

My suggestion would be to ask potential Pikmen to post regularly on this thread for a week first.

I'd be all for it, but that's just me.
It would be too many, a minimum post limit for this thread could give us an idea of which are true supporters of Olimar, or a whole lot of spam.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
my personal fav color pikmin is red. It was the first you met and the strongest in the first game. It was my first ikmin experience and still my fav. Anyways now that we know he is in there i think we should get more in depth about stuff like his fs and his stage. Like i think that his stage should be the landing site from the first stage, with little bulbins scurrying around on the ground as hazards.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
It would be too many, a minimum post limit for this thread could give us an idea of which are true supporters of Olimar, or a whole lot of spam.
Yeah, that's a good point.

Egruntz, why not just make a new list of "trial" members that anyone can join. Then, when this Olimania dies down we'll decide who the true fans are, and make them permanent members.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's a good point.

Egruntz, why not just make a new list of "trial" members that anyone can join. Then, when this Olimania dies down we'll decide who the true fans are, and make them permanent members.
That's probably the best solution as of now. Give it a week or so and the commotion will die down.

Goldens1104 said:
That is offensive on so many levels.

Well, YOU sir, are a conman!

Colenstien

Smash Ace
I agree with both IllidR and Wiseguy.

What we need is a minimum post count before you are a full member. That will probably weed out the small fries when P&O mania is over.

Also for some reason Pikmin & Olimar as his name has really grown on me like a leech on a fat guy (and that, as I have learned, is alot).

IllidR

Smash Champion
I agree with both IllidR and Wiseguy.

What we need is a minimum post count before you are a full member. That will probably weed out the small fries when P&O mania is over.

Also for some reason Pikmin & Olimar as his name has really grown on me like a leech on a fat guy (and that, as I have learned, is alot).

I don't this the name will grow on me, but I'm willing to accept it. The announcer saying Pikmin & Olimar just seems like it will be awkward. Plus, it's pretty offensive that Olimar's name is AFTER the Pikmin, Dictators should be seen first, before their people.

I'll just be calling him Olimar and tolerating Pikmin & Olimar.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I don't this the name will grow on me, but I'm willing to accept it. The announcer saying Pikmin & Olimar just seems like it will be awkward. Plus, it's pretty offensive that Olimar's name is AFTER the Pikmin, Dictators should be seen first, before their people.

I dont really see the announcer saying Pikmin and Olimar. I just cant picture it... oh well, I dont care what the announcer says, he's Olimar to me, and he's still my main.

As for the "new members" ehhh Minimum post count is fine, they cant really prove they support Olimar being in anymore, (not in the sense we used to be able to anyway, now that hes confirmed (YAY) ) Then again, if these new members who decide to jump on the band wagon abandon the "Pikmen Clan" (I'm all for that idea if we go through with it) (Also, hopefully Ive been a member long enough to put in my input on the situation :) ) then we can all enjoy mopping the floor with them with Pikmin. I look forward to this...

@Colenstein, hoping you dont mind me using the sig youre using, its just too awesome not to.

Colenstien

Smash Ace

I'll call him Olimar but calling him PO is very tantillizing.

And what if the dictator was overthrown? I think a hundred Pikmin could overtake Olimar...... in a steel cage..... at madison square garden..... this'll be big.

@G4E: Hey no problem at all, it's for anyone who likes crappy sigs!

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Epic update! Olimar is officially the deepest character in smash yet...

Only thing is...I wish Sakurai would have elaborated on this line a bit: "be aware that certain Pikmin are more likely to appear in specific types of flooring."

Florida

イーグランツ
Good to finally get word on his special moves and playstyle! For now, the front page looks like crap; but that'll be fixed sometime soon (when I'm not so tired). Odd choice for Sakurai to have the standard move be the pluck, and the whistle be the down special.

Though, now we know the SS Dolphin / Olimar's jetpack won't be his third jump. I actually imagined his up-b being the Pikmin chain tether. Now, I want his finisher :)

Great update.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
@egruntz...I actually think standard special as pluck is better. It seems much faster for one. Running around with the whistle will take some getting used to, but imagine if it were the standard? You'd have to stop every time you wanted to whistle, which would be pretty inconvenient.

Florida

イーグランツ
@egruntz...I actually think standard special as pluck is better. It seems much faster for one. Running around with the whistle will take some getting used to, but imagine if it were the standard? You'd have to stop every time you wanted to whistle, which would be pretty inconvenient.
Actually, if the whistle turned out to be the standard special, it would have made a lot more sense. Since you have to press down while holding B, you've lost the ability to run while whistling. With the Pikmin pluck, you'd be stationary either way-- so why assign the move to a command that could have been best with another?

I'm still hoping for it being a typo ;o

@Gerudo: Lol, hopefully I will be that organized.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Like everyone else, it seems unfair that he is called Pikmin and Olimar, rather than Olimar, Captain Olimar, or Olimar and Pikmin. But it is obvious that it was the Pikmin being added into Brawl, not Olimar. It could have been Louie for all Sakurai cares if the fans wouldn't have complained about it. His character profile page even says "Pikmin" and no Olimar! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom