• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Fixed. That's his name in Brawl.
Sure, it's his brawl name, mainly because the Pikmin are really the main focus of the games, and Olimar is the "Laucher of Pikmin" but, seeing as how he himself was the focus of our worship and speculation for many months, I think to us he should just be Captain Olimar or Olimar, not that I dislike the Pikmin, I love those little guys.

Although, CB, you never did play either Pikmin game did you? So you wouldnt really know how the game went along, so it's fine.

But you really should play them, for they both are awesome. awesome.....

Florida

イーグランツ
I find it odd that I joined 3 months after you yet I have double your postcount and am still not a "special" member (Smash Debater/Director/Awesome).
...Spamming up your post count won't get you to any of those. Besides, the only "rank" worth bragging about here is a writer's pen/title.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised how well Olimar has fared on the Character poll: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141091&page=40

1) Sonic: 132
2) Ike: 125
3) Lucario: 112
4) Wolf: 110
5) Pit: 107
6) PIKMIN & OLIMAR!!!: 103
7) Pokemon Trainer: 95
8) Marth: 81
9) King Dedede: 78
10) Link: 75

Not bad at all. But seeing as how he appears to be one of the harder characters to master, I wonder how those numbers will change after Brawl is actually released...
That was the poll on February 13th. Here's an update:

1) Ike - 181 (6.27%)
2) Sonic - 181 (6.27%)
3) Pit - 158 (5.47%)
4) Lucario - 142 (4.92%)
5) Pikmin & Olimar - 140 (4.85%)
6) Wolf - 140 (4.85%)
7) Pokemon Trainer - 120 (4.15%)
8) Marth - 119 (4.12%)
9) Snake - 112 (3.88% )
10) King Dedede - 106 (3.67%)

I know that this poll is hardly scientific (and the results will go screwy the moment Brawl is available for the masses) but its still pretty interesting. As people see more gameplay videos, Olimar continues to increase in popularity and is now tied for 5th will the most popular Space Animal. However, he's still got nothing on Sonic and Ike who are tied for 1st while Pit has soared (figuratively) into people's hearts to overtake Lucario.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Colenstein, your challenge has been accepted. The name of the game is fisticuffs, no touching of the hair or face.
Yes, of course. Now then...... FIGHT!

*Throws trident* Your move Mr. R

Edit: Lawl. Perfect post for 666:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom