• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
It's a lil off-topic but does any1 know where to get a brawl countdown wallpaper. I think
Olimar will get revealed on Fri. HOPEFULLY.

Florida

イーグランツ
Anyone is welcome to use this sig I made for the pikmin club: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/moooooooooo/piksig2.png

And about Olimar's character update... I don't think Sakurai will be revealing any more characters until the release. I dunno but theres just something about what he said on Friday that makes me think that.
Ooh, very nice man.
I'll definitely be sigging this one :)

I might as well just make this the official Pikmen signature actually =P
Thanks for the help! Though, a userbar is still on its way :p

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I'm scared because their isn't a lot of Olimar supporters who actually post. There were several times I had to bump this thread to the top. Maybe Olimar isn't all that popular then we are crediting him for. I still support him, but do we have any supporters who thouroughly support?

Quite the contrary Yigguth, Sakurai's not caring about hidden chracters being hidden suggest that he will reveal them more often not caring if they are on the starting roster or is they are unlockables.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I think there are alot of Olimar supporters, but since most people believe he' a shoe-in he doesn't get talked about that often. He had a surge of attention after DeDeDe was revealed because alot of people figured Olimar would be the next newcomer to be announced. But since it's been a little over a month and no word of the little guy we're left with nothing to talk about since we've basically torn apart everything when it comes to speculation.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
kewel! oh my god! the 15th is in 3 days! holy shiz! i hope olimar is shown on it! SO PUMPED!!!

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
And about Olimar's character update... I don't think Sakurai will be revealing any more characters until the release. I dunno but theres just something about what he said on Friday that makes me think that.
Whosaywhatnow? I just read that and I don't see any hints at anything. Care to clarify?

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
that was my initial thought also, but i am hoping i am wrong, maybe i am pessimistic...

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
lol, me too (obviously XD) hopefully we will get an update that wont go into game modes!

what time do they update in your timezone? idk when mine does, all i know is, i wake up, and there it is! XD

IllidR

Smash Champion
If for some odd reason Sakurai decides to give us a good update (AKA Olimar), I think it would be on Friday rather than Thursday and then shown in the Coro Coro magazine.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Olimar for Brawl!

On a side note, Coro Coro inside info released friday or saturday?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's coming out on Saturday, the 15th. Still not sure if it'll give the whole roster, starting roster, or all the characters we've already seen.
Weve waited long enough! We want the whole roster! (or at least I do... and Olimar and K. Rool better be on it...)

Mr. Game and Pichu

Smash Journeyman
I'll join. I will say though, please say Red, Blue, Yellow, etc. and not Reddy, Bluey. etc. Also, your B Moves are.. let's say not good. I could do some better one.

B - Whistle (anyone caught in radius is damaged lightly)

B> - Ultra Bitter Spray (petrifies someone for 2 seconds)

B^ - Geyser (Geyser appears and shoots olimar upwards [like spnic's upB])

Bv - Pikmin Pluck (Plucks pikmin. too lazy to do ratios of pikmin appearing)

Your FS could be better, but yeah. I have mine sonewhere.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'll join. I will say though, please say Red, Blue, Yellow, etc. and not Reddy, Bluey. etc. Also, your B Moves are.. let's say not good. I could do some better one.

B - Whistle (anyone caught in radius is damaged lightly)

B> - Ultra Bitter Spray (petrifies someone for 2 seconds)

B^ - Geyser (Geyser appears and shoots olimar upwards [like spnic's upB])

Bv - Pikmin Pluck (Plucks pikmin. too lazy to do ratios of pikmin appearing)

Your FS could be better, but yeah. I have mine sonewhere.

Yeah, as complicated as they might seem, I did prefer the moveset posted by the OP.

(And whats wrong with reddy, bluey, whitey? I think it makes them sound more fun myself)

Also, I prefer Olimar-Kirby be able to throw pikmin rather than whistle.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
the issue with that is, kirby only gets the b move, so the only thing kirby could do was pluck pikmin, that is again why i suggested b to be whistel which petrifies like confuson and down be to pluck, sides to throw, and up is the only issue.

IllidR

Smash Champion
the issue with that is, kirby only gets the b move, so the only thing kirby could do was pluck pikmin, that is again why i suggested b to be whistel which petrifies like confuson and down be to pluck, sides to throw, and up is the only issue.
We still don't know if Kirby is going to work the same way as in previous games, Sakurai hasn't given an exact show of what he'll be like. So for all we know Kirby could take on all of the person he absorbs moves or just one, not necessarily their neutral-B but assigned to their B.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i am positive he will only get the absorbee's b move, i bet a plate of cookies. lol

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I wish Olimar would just get revealed and good point Yigguth. I hoper the COROCORO update will reveal the whole roster with olimar in it. @ Mr.GameandPichu whats so wrong about being fun with Bluey, Reddy, and Yellowey.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I'll clarify on my previous statement about Sakurai not wanting to reveal any new characters. What he said last friday can be interpreted two ways, one could be that he isn't hung up about new characters so he'll just show us them all, and the other could be that he knows we'll see them all eventually (the second it hits the stores in japan) so he's not hung up about showing us them either.
(and I agree with Qbuilderz, Olimar can still maintain the same unique moveset while his pikmin throw is neutral B. That would make it easier on the designers because of the Kirby issue)

IllidR

Smash Champion
I'll clarify on my previous statement about Sakurai not wanting to reveal any new characters. What he said last friday can be interpreted two ways, one could be that he isn't hung up about new characters so he'll just show us them all, and the other could be that he knows we'll see them all eventually (the second it hits the stores in japan) so he's not hung up about showing us them either.
(and I agree with Qbuilderz, Olimar can still maintain the same unique moveset while his pikmin throw is neutral B. That would make it easier on the designers because of the Kirby issue)
Make it easier on the developers? It's a simple move reversal, that's hardly anything complicated for the designers of this game to do.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Make it easier on the developers? It's a simple move reversal, that's hardly anything complicated for the designers of this game to do.
Personally I think it's much better than having it be his whistle >_> (what kind of move is that anyway)
you also have to remember that Kirby players might get confused when they have Olimar's down B instead of his neutral, or if they have to use down B instead. Yes, it is easier on the developers. Smash Bros. controlls are supposed to be about simplicity, so any moves that are too complicated are unnecessary.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Personally I think it's much better than having it be his whistle >_> (what kind of move is that anyway)
you also have to remember that Kirby players might get confused when they have Olimar's down B instead of his neutral, or if they have to use down B instead. Yes, it is easier on the developers. Smash Bros. controlls are supposed to be about simplicity, so any moves that are too complicated are unnecessary.
I still don't see how that's complicated. Instead of Kirby obtaining Olimar's neutral B as a move he can gain his side-B instead, just to use it would still require only neutral B. Just an example.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'll clarify on my previous statement about Sakurai not wanting to reveal any new characters. What he said last friday can be interpreted two ways, one could be that he isn't hung up about new characters so he'll just show us them all
And also keep in mind that he wanted to reveal the whole roster (as seen in one of his journal entries).

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i still don't want EVERYTHING to be spoiled, i just want proof olimar is in, thats it and i will be fine!

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
And also keep in mind that he wanted to reveal the whole roster (as seen in one of his journal entries).
People can change their mind. And seeing that we haven't gotten a character in a while with the release drawing near I think it's safe to say he has. besides we don't know of he means before or after it comes out so all we can do is wait and see...

IllidR

Smash Champion
I thought Coro Coro might bode some good news for our Olimar, him being one of the most likely canidates for a character spot. But another disappointment has befallen us.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
yes, indeed, thats probably why we got a somewhat decent update on friday, even though it was all deconfirming characters...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Well, at least one of those ATs wasn't Olimar, right? It could have been a ton worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom