• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar ISJR

gameboii

Smash Cadet
i took the liberty of making a video demonstrating the ISJR with olimars u-air, cuz i dont think anyone's done it yet.

http://gameroom.mlgpro.com/view/6XRsulpIDSqOvA.html

I will post vids demonstrating this with the fair bair and dair as well, but these are proving more difficult, at least for me. If someone want to save me the trouble, or has already done it, that would be much appreciated.:lick:

has anyone got the timing for this down well enough to implement it into their matches, i think the ISJR fair will be extremely useful, as soon as i can do it.....XP.

hope the vid helps.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not too into this as of yet. If most people learn to master this, then I guess I'll have to give it a try to stay competitive all, but it's worth the risk in battle right now.

Cerrus

Smash Cadet
Nice job getting it down, but I don't see any real applications at the moment so I'm not bothering to learn this tech.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Note: You can change the timing with fast falling, too. And also, you weren't doing the ISJR, you were just doing the SJR. ISJR is done over and over again without landing.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Can be the 55489344th jump as well. Infinite Second Jump Recovery. I don't see why it's useful though. Tried it a couple of times, didn't really go well and I just said to myself "Not useful when you use Olimar". :')

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
honestly what's the best that Olimar is going to do in the air?

N-air over and over? I mean it has decent priority but unless Olimar has an aerial as powerful and with as much priority as metaknight's B than I don't see a reason.

I'm sure this could has some huge applications for other characters but look its a pattern regardless of ff.

Aerial, jump recovery aerial, repeat. Jigglypuff has that it's called wall of pain and its still better.

Not knocking the technique, far from it. I want to see this game provide a glitch that makes the game more fun.

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
When I first saw the name of the thread in the tactical I thought all of our recovery problems were solved, but after seeing it I don't think it'll do too much for us either. I think it would help avoid getting grabbed, which is bad for us because of our grab range. If someone is getting out-grabbed then there are bigger problems for that person than being able to infinite jump. What we need is some way to infinite jump in the air, making Olimar the best character in the game.

gameboii

Smash Cadet
Note: You can change the timing with fast falling, too. And also, you weren't doing the ISJR, you were just doing the SJR. ISJR is done over and over again without landing.

yeah, i just realized i was only SJR'ing...XP, lol

the tech does seem kinda useless right now, but thats why we're here, to come up with more uses for it.:chuckle:

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
honestly what's the best that Olimar is going to do in the air?

N-air over and over? I mean it has decent priority but unless Olimar has an aerial as powerful and with as much priority as metaknight's B than I don't see a reason.

I'm sure this could has some huge applications for other characters but look its a pattern regardless of ff.

Aerial, jump recovery aerial, repeat. Jigglypuff has that it's called wall of pain and its still better.

Not knocking the technique, far from it. I want to see this game provide a glitch that makes the game more fun.
He has a point. I too, doubt that this will be particularly effective for tournament matches, but it's nice to know :laugh:

KMAY

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why they just didn't make tether recoveries go through the person edgegaurding AND latch on like veryone else's Up B....just so frustrating...aside from that rant I tried this technique and i couldn't get it to work, so therefore its useless to me lol

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
just something to show you why you shouldn't be practicing this AT-

"2. If you are hit out of it you will lose the second jump for recovery. This only really affects characters with only two regular jumps because multi jumpers gain all their jumps except for the first one with ISJR."
-ISJR thread in the tactical subforum

Top Bottom