• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Frame Data - 3.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
This is amazing
I wish every character had such an in-depth guide for frame data and such like this
Even though no one is nearly as complicated as Olimar...
Thank you based Aerodrome

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
2, What program can I use to see frames on my own version of project m?
You can use the Frame Advance part of Dolphin I believe!

So basically. After I've reorded the Pikmin with 3 Pikmin, the 4th Pikmin already knows I've done this and follows along? So that way if I have R/W/P and I already whistled and I plucked Yellow would it go from

R/W/P/Y to W/P/R/Y

or would it it make Yellow cut in line and go Y/W/P/R

Every time I think I have this damn whistle system figured out it finds a way to confuse me all over again.
Think of it this way:

Every whistle you do is assigned a colour. At the beginning of a match it starts at Red. If you whistle it goes to the next colour which is Yellow. If you don't have any Yellows then it skips yellow and moves onto Blue.

---

So that way if I have R/W/P and I already whistled and I plucked Yellow would it go from

R/W/P/Y to W/P/R/Y

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Depends on the colour of your whistle. If you Red-Whistle with 3 pikmin and you DONT have the yellow then it'll be R/W/P. If you then pluck the Yellow then your pikmin look like: R/W/P/Y BUT YOU SKIPPED your yellow whistle because at that time YOU HAD NO YELLOWS

so your next whistle would be White, making it W/P/Y/R, then P/Y/R/W THEN R/Y/W/P then Y/W/P/R

Does this make more sense? Note how the Red Pikmin skips the line plz

I wish every character had such an in-depth guide for frame data and such like this
Soon(TM)

Last edited:

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Oh my god yes :D I'm thinking about picking up Olimar, and this is extremely helpful. One question I have is how do the terrain IDs match up with the actual stages? "Alien Goop" and "Creature" terrain in particular are baffling

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oh my god yes :D I'm thinking about picking up Olimar, and this is extremely helpful. One question I have is how do the terrain IDs match up with the actual stages? "Alien Goop" and "Creature" terrain in particular are baffling
Alien Goop is the platforms on Brinstar and Creature is the bulborb from Distant Planet, lol.

Most stages use 1/1/1/0.65/0.65 and 1/1/1/1/0.75

Occasionally you'll see water pop up too (the tiny stream on the grass transformation is Water and so is the windmill part, you'll pick blues from that terrain 40% of the time)

B.W.

Smash Champion
I don't suggest taking this info into account when CPing stages too much. The layout for stages is way more important than the Pikmin you get.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Alien Goop is the platforms on Brinstar and Creature is the bulborb from Distant Planet, lol.

Most stages use 1/1/1/0.65/0.65 and 1/1/1/1/0.75

Occasionally you'll see water pop up too (the tiny stream on the grass transformation is Water and so is the windmill part, you'll pick blues from that terrain 40% of the time)
Thanks. I think I might try to compile a list of what terrains are found on each stage.

I don't suggest taking this info into account when CPing stages too much. The layout for stages is way more important than the Pikmin you get.
I don't plan on CPing based on it, but it helps formulate a game strategy. I want to fundamentally understand Olimar and his Pikmin, and there's a lot to know. I've already begun to use consider attacks based on whichever Pikmin I pull up, and it's greatly helping. Having a better idea of which Pikmin might come up can make those decisions easier.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Do you know how to get that information?
Not a clue. I was planning on searching for the info online or just brute forcing my way through the probabilities by plucking hundreds of Pikmin. I have yet to discover any ways to enter debug mode or something of the like for Project M

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Not a clue. I was planning on searching for the info online or just brute forcing my way through the probabilities by plucking hundreds of Pikmin. I have yet to discover any ways to enter debug mode or something of the like for Project M
this is not a good idea :3

I'll see what I can find out.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm going to have to overhaul the OP. I've started already by moving standard terms to... terms.

I've removed Techniques and it will be removed from all of my frame data threads and replaced with sticker/moveset attributes.

I need to put block advantages here, until I think of a way to put them neatly into the OP, since I just realised that block advantage will be different. f-smash alone will have 45 DIFFERENT block advantage values.

so...

Jab 1 -8
Jab 2 -9
Utilt -14
Ftilt -22
Dtilt -19

Edit:

Some data has been put into the OP. I'll have more time to maybe even finish a lot of it tomorrow.

I will cross post from the Ike boards.

I want someone good at Olimar to write this up to add into the introduction of this thread; a short but sweet overview of a character in this format:

CHARACTER STATS

Difficulty:

Style:

Defensive power:

Offensive power:

Approach strength:

Combo ability:

Key techniques:

Doubles partner options:
For example, difficulty would be how hard the character is to use, easy/intermediate/hard/very hard. Defensive power would probably mention weight, counters (ike's down b for example), intangibility etc. Approach strength would probably say something about how few characters have an answer to a well spaced fair. idk I'm throwing things out there (plus i copied this from the ike boards, hence counter lolololol). For reference: http://iplaywinner.com/roll-tvc/

I'm not sold on key techniques or doubles partner options yet, but see what happens.

Last edited:

Soniv

Smash Cadet
I'm not really what I would consider good at Olimar, but if someone wants to pick that up and needs input, I'd be willing to throw in my $.02

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ Soniv Soniv - Yeah idk anyone good at olimar either, but if we can't find the people's champion then we can all pitch in to write something nice up imo.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Maybe I can come up with something, but probably not until this cruel joke is over.

Soniv

Smash Cadet
Aero (or anyone else), do you know if there's a timer before aerial Pikmin pluck gives you vertical movement again? I could be mistaken, but I feel like sometimes it doesn't if I get on stage and get knocked right back off again.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
it probably works like a double jump where you don't get vertical distance again until you land.

Edit: I misread. ROB's recovery works like that in Brawl but I don't think Olimar has anything like that.

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
Aerial Pluck requires you to hit the stage before it gives you any vertical height again.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
What're the grab ranges for purple Pikmin? Noticed you didn't include it, was curious, and wanted to give you a heads-up if you didn't know it was missing.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer bowser data when
I need to know so I have an estimate for the ROB data :c
I've checked some of it out myself in dolphin frame advance but the only stuff that doesn't require some ridiculous set-up to find is stuff like, time until first hitbox, and total duration of moves... plus damage I guess which anyone can find anyways. Everything else requires me to test in really weird ways that aren't accurate or convenient, your PSA/BB info is much better for all that...

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
What're the grab ranges for purple Pikmin? Noticed you didn't include it, was curious, and wanted to give you a heads-up if you didn't know it was missing.
0.6 -- Same as Brawl.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer bowser data when
I need to know so I have an estimate for the ROB data :c
I've checked some of it out myself in dolphin frame advance but the only stuff that doesn't require some ridiculous set-up to find is stuff like, time until first hitbox, and total duration of moves... plus damage I guess which anyone can find anyways. Everything else requires me to test in really weird ways that aren't accurate or convenient, your PSA/BB info is much better for all that...
@Sartron wants to do Bowser's data afaik, ask him.

I'm doing ROB's after this.

Then ZSS's.

Sorry, this has taken longer than I thought. I didn't expect every pikmin to have completely different moves.

New data is in the OP btw regarding fsmash and usmash. A couple of interesting things in there to say the least.

Let me know if it can be formatted in an easier to read way please.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
what is happening

Olimar's pummel has hitboxes that seems to outlast his first actionable frame... lol??

Hitboxes from 10-26 but he can throw on the 22nd frame

wat/10

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Pummel is the thing you do when you hit people when you grab them

Time for bed imo

Edit: I'm 90% certain that the grab information applies to all pikmin. I only tested out P and W Pikmin tho so...

Your grab is broken. js.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Here's some interesting trivia:

Red Pikmin down smash can't hit you on frame 14-18 but you can shield them.

How would you guys prefer the aerial tables?

I can fill the entire table with numbers (even if they're the same) or I can just put the differences in.

Last edited:

Soniv

Smash Cadet
Aerial Pluck requires you to hit the stage before it gives you any vertical height again.
Alright, so tonight I confirmed that pluck didn't give me vertical gain even after I got back onto stage. I got on, and immediately knocked back off and pluck was useless ~_~

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Did you wiggle out of tumble first before using it? PM has a lot of weird scenarios where momentum changing aerials/specials don't do their jobs right because you just got out of hitstun and are still in tumble. I have to do the same thing for ROB's dair.

Soniv

Smash Cadet
Did you wiggle out of tumble first before using it? PM has a lot of weird scenarios where momentum changing aerials/specials don't do their jobs right because you just got out of hitstun and are still in tumble. I have to do the same thing for ROB's dair.
This could potentially be the issue.

It's hard for me to test since I don't have people to play against without going to tournaments or weeklies.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Here's some interesting trivia:

Red Pikmin down smash can't hit you on frame 14-18 but you can shield them.

How would you guys prefer the aerial tables?

I can fill the entire table with numbers (even if they're the same) or I can just put the differences in.
What do you mean by this?

Also looking at everything again I'm realizing how godlike Olimar's U-Air is.

10 less BKB than U-Smash... BUT!

Same amount of KBG as U-Smash (90)

10 frames of landing lag if L-Cancelled.

Damage done is very close to U-Smash damage (in Red's case being 1% less).

IASA is 2 frames less than U-Smash.

Add to all this, the fact that U-Air moves with Olimar as he jumps.

Guys, if you can help it, use U-Air over U-Smash. It'll extend your combos so much more, and you'll do much more damage. It also combos into F-Air/B-Air much easier which is amazing.

I kind of noticed this in game last tournament I went to.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
yeah speaking of u air it extends really far

go into your game right now

use uair

pause

the pikmin is the hitbox

I KID YOU ****ING NOT

Also I decided to just do what I wanted, dw

B.W.

Smash Champion
Were hitbox sizes altered at all from Brawl, Aerodrome?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom